Bowls

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Current Triples League Table.


Screenshot 2023-11-14 22.29.38.png
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by ShaunL »

Excellent 64 going great keep it up,the bowls that is .
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:04 am Excellent 64 going great keep it up,the bowls that is .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My triples team are similar to Leeds United, we outplay the opposition but, we don't put them to bed, as we did on Monday. We lost the runner-up spot on points difference last season, for that very reason!

The +/- column in the table is much better this season, 2nd best right now.

Thank you, Shaun.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by Barlow Boy »

Are you really all called Leon 😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14628
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by hector »

There is summat wrong with grown men standing in groups in an arena, rolling their balls and seeing who can control them the best.
THEN......

In the summer they take it outside and do it al fresco...!!!!!

:mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:16 am Are you really all called Leon 😂😂😂
Our team should be named The Three Leos but, the person who compiles the table made an error. I must ask him to change it.

Leon, Dave & Wendy Leonard

So Leo's or Leon's are applicable, mate.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:23 am There is summat wrong with grown men standing in groups in an arena, rolling their balls and seeing who can control them the best.
THEN......

In the summer they take it outside and do it al fresco...!!!!!

:mrgreen:
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

My team has a match against bottom of the league new team 'Second Best' at 11.15am. Their skip is an excellent bowls player who is very strong with weighted/firing shots so we'll have ensure we have statregic back woods in place when we are laying shot.

Thing is, I'm hobbling around with a heel problem, which is commonly known as Plantar fasciitis. I'm using ice-packs & rolling cold water bottles under the heel, also exercises when I'm sitting down relaxing. It could take months to recover, as I spend much of the daytime on my feet.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 am My team has a match against bottom of the league new team 'Second Best' at 11.15am. Their skip is an excellent bowls player who is very strong with weighted/firing shots so we'll have ensure we have statregic back woods in place when we are laying shot.

Thing is, I'm hobbling around with a heel problem, which is commonly known as Plantar fasciitis. I'm using ice-packs & rolling cold water bottles under the heel, also exercises when I'm sitting down relaxing. It could take months to recover, as I spend much of the daytime on my feet.
Ouch, sounds painful.

Hope the bowls went well, seems like it should have done against the bowling equivalent of Sheffield Wednesday 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:35 pm Ouch, sounds painful.

Hope the bowls went well, seems like it should have done against the bowling equivalent of Sheffield Wednesday 😁
Amazingly with the constant ice-packs & regular exercises, the recovery process seems to be quicker than I first thought as I'm now able to put pressure on my heel without feeling like I'm walking on spears, I'm sat here with an ice-pack around my right foot whilst I'm posting to you Kev. It's by no means repaired yet but, I feel much more comfortable now!

We won our triples match 18-10 today, which moves us up to second position in the league :-D
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:11 pm Amazingly with the constant ice-packs & regular exercises, the recovery process seems to be quicker than I first thought as I'm now able to put pressure on my heel without feeling like I'm walking on spears, I'm sat here with an ice-pack around my right foot whilst I'm posting to you Kev. It's by no means repaired yet but, I feel much more comfortable now!

We won our triples match 18-10 today, which moves us up to second position in the league :-D
Excellent 👏👏👏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:18 pm Excellent 👏👏👏
Cheers mate :tup:

Bowls AGM at 7pm, going to be a busy hour or so for me, as I am the competitions organiser for the 2024 Outdoor season, much to discuss!
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:42 pm Cheers mate :tup:

Bowls AGM at 7pm, going to be a busy hour or so for me, as I am the competition organiser for the 2024 Outdoor season, much to discuss!
I dare you to walk in missed as a pute 8-)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:11 pm I dare you to walk in missed as a pute 8-)
Not my style, Kenny boy.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

We went top, after our 22-9 victory against the Wetwangers on Monday night.

Hope today's game Quickfire v Town Tigers`finishes in our favour.

The next few games will be telling as we play against three of the recognised top five teams in our next three matches.
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by ShaunL »

Going well 64 great to see
Our game tomorrow has been cancelled due to temperature of 40 degrees
Ever had that problem ?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:37 am Going well 64 great to see
Our game tomorrow has been cancelled due to temperature of 40 degrees
Ever had that problem ?
Never Shaun.... 40 degrees :shock:

I believe 29 degrees was the hottest temperature we endured last summer!

Sometimes, I wish it was warmer in the evenings here in the UK.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:27 am We went top, after our 22-9 victory against the Wetwangers on Monday night.

Hope today's game Quickfire v Town Tigers`finishes in our favour.

The next few games will be telling as we play against three of the recognised top five teams in our next three matches.
Excellent result mate.

Good luck in the next few games 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:30 pm Excellent result mate.

Good luck in the next few games 👍
Thanks Kev :tup:

Screenshot 2023-11-22 18.39.09.png

Screenshot 2023-11-22 18.41.28.png
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Indoor Bowls

Post by ShaunL »

Pretty poor effort from Mark & Ivan when the bye is above you on the ladder.
Only 39 degrees tomorrow so I think we are playing.
Can’t wait for summer to start !
Post Reply