Anyone else losing the faith

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Robby67
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:02 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Robby67 »

Farke is like a Biesla clone in his stubborness to change the starting 11 or tactics. Play Piroe at 9 Rutter is not a 9. Bring subs on after 60 mins latest or earlier if we need them not with 10-15mins to go. I said before that I would have rested James n Amapdu against Cov to be fresh for Ipswich but no joy from Farke. Credit we are third but with our squad which is better than most apart from Leicester in this league we should using them more. Ok one night in Stoke was bad when changed it but if he did it regularly 1 or 2 players then it wouldn't make much difference.
Has to play Piroe up front Rutter had at least 4 good chances on Saturday and only worked the keeper twice for 2 regulation saves that any keeper should save. Not good enough but he isn't a no.9 so why play him there? Give Piroe those 4 chances and he scores 1 possibly 2 at least.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Kennyb41 »

Saturday Coventry.

1 WEEK later - Ipswich.

90mins of football, a lot of minutes out of the game walking.

Kevin Sinfield - 7 marathons in 7 days = 1 WEEK.

Am i missing something ?

Maybe we need the AA recovery service huh.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by GreennWhite »

danhirons wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:28 pm third in the league and people are talking about replacing Farke :shock: jesus, get a grip. play offs at the end of the season will be considered fine, especially given the mess we were in at the start of the season

1) we won't sack farke, if we stay in the playoffs
2) if we did, it could just as likely backfire - see Birmingham for example

we had the best form in the league before the last two games....some people eh!

it's posts like this that keep me away from this forum more often than not these days!
Tend to agree Dan about staying away at times. I have given up reading the match day threads as there are one or two individuals who only come on to slag of the team once things start to go wrong, they offer nothing else to the thread.
Pity, as there are plenty of good posters on here, with plenty of good things to say, even if we are having a bad day on the pitch.
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6745
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Finnatic »

There was a thread at the beginning of the season where we predicted where we would finish, at the time based on a lack of transfer activity due to the takeover and the rats leaving etc, and everything up in the air, I predicted a ninth place finish.
It was mentioned about a revised version around Christmas if I remember correctly so if anyone can find it ( I can’t be arsed looking) please do so.
As we are six places above my prediction, I’m not losing the faith 😉
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20766
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by whiteswan »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm Tend to agree Dan about staying away at times. I have given up reading the match day threads as there are one or two individuals who only come on to slag of the team once things start to go wrong, they offer nothing else to the thread.
Pity, as there are plenty of good posters on here, with plenty of good things to say, even if we are having a bad day on the pitch.
PLENTY OF GREAT posters on here GW, the list is endless. Such a great forum.....don't let the naysayers keep you away on match days. I know who you refer to....just ignore them. This forum is bigger than that....
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by PhoenixUnited »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm Tend to agree Dan about staying away at times. I have given up reading the match day threads as there are one or two individuals who only come on to slag of the team once things start to go wrong, they offer nothing else to the thread.
Pity, as there are plenty of good posters on here, with plenty of good things to say, even if we are having a bad day on the pitch.
Somewhere on your keyboard you will find the "Meh" button. Typically it is hidden under the arrow up or arrow down depending on how your page layout is set up.

I find it hugely beneficial and also is good for my mental health :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Robby67 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:56 pm Farke is like a Biesla clone in his stubborness to change the starting 11 or tactics...........
This is due to a special extra bone in their head that most, if not all, Head Coaches and Managers are blessed with! :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3357
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by GreennWhite »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:51 am PLENTY OF GREAT posters on here GW, the list is endless. Such a great forum.....don't let the naysayers keep you away on match days. I know who you refer to....just ignore them. This forum is bigger than that....
Thanks WS :tup:
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7515
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Orange Box »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 pm ...At least until the world stops going round. Or we drop a few points in the Championship. If you're going to be that fickle you should be a Man United fan, ffs.

We might still be promoted. If we don't make autos, there's a one-in-four chance we'll get up anyway, unless the wheels come off completely. After a summer disaster we're third and scaring most sides we come up against.

And besides, I'm enjoying playing in a competitive league - the last two seasons in the Premiership were crap. We've dropped a few points. we'll drop some more no doubt. But losing the faith? Bollocks.
I’m late to this thread, hence my delayed reply. You’ve hit the nail on the head Dave. We are scaring teams, which is why they’ve all developed the “pack the box and hit them on the break” method of playing against us, and for quite a few it’s been very effective.

I’m sure these teams don’t do that to Ipswich, or Southampton. I think, and I could be very wrong, that Ipswich will do the same on Saturday and come away with a win. If they go toe to toe with us we’ll splatter them.

I’m also in agreement with you on the enjoyment factor this season, even though it’s sometimes been so frustrating I’ve wanted to throw something at something.

Losing the faith? To quote a knowledgeable source. “Bollocks.”
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7515
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Orange Box »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm Tend to agree Dan about staying away at times. I have given up reading the match day threads as there are one or two individuals who only come on to slag of the team once things start to go wrong, they offer nothing else to the thread.
Pity, as there are plenty of good posters on here, with plenty of good things to say, even if we are having a bad day on the pitch.
Don’t give up on the matchday threads G. I’m a match day poster, and yes, sometimes I do get a bit annoyed, and I moan, but in the main I try to remain positive. It’s why I wrote my little disclaimer (below).

I hear you about the constant negative guys, but I don’t engage.

There’s plenty of funny guys posting on game day too, it’s a great craic mostly. Jaydog, Faaip and White Riot are all worth following. (Apologies to anybody I’ve missed).

It’s your choice obviously, but for me it’s the closest I can get to being there without being there.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9762
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 pm ...At least until the world stops going round. Or we drop a few points in the Championship. If you're going to be that fickle you should be a Man United fan, ffs.

We might still be promoted. If we don't make autos, there's a one-in-four chance we'll get up anyway, unless the wheels come off completely. After a summer disaster we're third and scaring most sides we come up against.

And besides, I'm enjoying playing in a competitive league - the last two seasons in the Premiership were crap. We've dropped a few points. we'll drop some more no doubt. But losing the faith? Bollocks.
All this ☝️ I predicted 4th at the start of the season so we’re better off already with half a season left. After the summer shenanigans & start we had I’m delighted to see 3rd, Ipswich & Leicester are exceptions to the rule this season but I still think there’s a long way to go & stranger things have happened. Farke has had 1/2 a season & I’m more than happy at this point but I get disappointed like everyone at some of our poor results.
The January transfer window is massively important, get it right & we push on, get it wrong & we have no hope of an automatic place but I still have faith that Farke is the man for us.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by pjm2019 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:41 pm No, I just don't feel the need to completely over-react and start pointless threads about losing the faith when we drop a few points.

And for all your hysterical screaming for 3 new players, you've admitted you have no idea who they should be - that's the manager's job - and you haven't identified who we need to sell to make room for these maestros.

I'll worry about our PL starting line-up the evening before our first game - the club will have moved to provide the manager with the best squad they can by that point, they're not stupid.
i have already stated players that we need to sell this janaury 2024 : Firpo, Gyabi, bate, Gnonto
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2711
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by pjm2019 »

its a shame so many posters have a go at people like me who decide to post what they feel and ask others what their thoughts are i.e. this heading. I wanted DF to be our manager for this season as he has a great record of getting promoted. With all the rats leaving in the summer DF and the team have done a very good job being 3rd. The result of the last 2 games have been disappointing and the way we have played has also been disappointing. I was expecting the 49's with all the hype surrounding them to actually improve the squad more than we did in the summer. All the posters on here are saying the same thing about the need for a new and much better Left back which the board have not delivered. The best time to get promoted is the following year you get relegated as better teams will be coming down next season and some players who stayed this year will want to leave. The board have stated we have 2 LOAN openings foe Jan 24, is this the only thing we can look forward to ?
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2313
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
Location: Leicester U.K

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by PhoenixUnited »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:26 am its a shame so many posters have a go at people like me who decide to post what they feel and ask others what their thoughts are i.e. this heading. I wanted DF to be our manager for this season as he has a great record of getting promoted. With all the rats leaving in the summer DF and the team have done a very good job being 3rd. The result of the last 2 games have been disappointing and the way we have played has also been disappointing. I was expecting the 49's with all the hype surrounding them to actually improve the squad more than we did in the summer. All the posters on here are saying the same thing about the need for a new and much better Left back which the board have not delivered. The best time to get promoted is the following year you get relegated as better teams will be coming down next season and some players who stayed this year will want to leave. The board have stated we have 2 LOAN openings foe Jan 24, is this the only thing we can look forward to ?
Seems to me that the forum is about an exchange of views, more often than not differing opinions, so it isn't anything personal (leastways it shouldn't be!). Disagreement or acceptance is all part and parcel of posting on here. It takes all sorts!
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
lufcconnor

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by lufcconnor »

No, and I never will.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by mentalcase »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:26 am its a shame so many posters have a go at people like me who decide to post what they feel and ask others what their thoughts are i.e. this heading. I wanted DF to be our manager for this season as he has a great record of getting promoted. With all the rats leaving in the summer DF and the team have done a very good job being 3rd. The result of the last 2 games have been disappointing and the way we have played has also been disappointing. I was expecting the 49's with all the hype surrounding them to actually improve the squad more than we did in the summer. All the posters on here are saying the same thing about the need for a new and much better Left back which the board have not delivered. The best time to get promoted is the following year you get relegated as better teams will be coming down next season and some players who stayed this year will want to leave. The board have stated we have 2 LOAN openings foe Jan 24, is this the only thing we can look forward to ?
Don't forget there;s FFP to contend with, the 49ers can't simply go out and buy better players as such, yes we need additions, whether we get them will be a reflection of their intent.
As we don't know what the 49ers really want, we don't know what to expect, these are only our expectations, we'd all like to get promotion and storm the PL, but in all honesty the latter is never going to happen, I'll be interested to see what happens in January regards comings / goings, the 49ers are very quite about their intentions, are they simply trying to do it on a whim !!
I think we'll all have a better idea come February tbh, we have to keep the faith this season for sure, it's called a project , well, I assume it is, but I don't know of a timescale.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155483
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by 1964white »

We'll achieve the play-offs at the very least in this extraordinary freak championship season.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41789
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Cjay »

pjm2019 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:26 am its a shame so many posters have a go at people like me who decide to post what they feel and ask others what their thoughts are i.e. this heading. I wanted DF to be our manager for this season as he has a great record of getting promoted. With all the rats leaving in the summer DF and the team have done a very good job being 3rd. The result of the last 2 games have been disappointing and the way we have played has also been disappointing. I was expecting the 49's with all the hype surrounding them to actually improve the squad more than we did in the summer. All the posters on here are saying the same thing about the need for a new and much better Left back which the board have not delivered. The best time to get promoted is the following year you get relegated as better teams will be coming down next season and some players who stayed this year will want to leave. The board have stated we have 2 LOAN openings foe Jan 24, is this the only thing we can look forward to ?
Wouldn't take it personally :)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, doesn't have to be a popular one.

Personally as stated before I haven't lost faith in DF in the sense my expectations were low to start with as I just don't rate the man.

Much closer to a Jesse Marsch/Paul Heckingbottom than a Marcelo Bielsa imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by danhirons »

Can we lock this ridiculous thread and dish out a temporary ban to whoever started it?!
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by Scoobychief »

danhirons wrote: ↑Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:46 pm Can we lock this ridiculous thread and dish out a temporary ban to whoever started it?!
Why what you saying???
Post Reply