Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
Our best team in my opinion
Meslier
Roberts
Byram
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Gray
Fernandez
Georginio
Summerville
Meslier
Roberts
Byram
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Gray
Fernandez
Georginio
Summerville
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
For Saturday? Or in general?The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:40 pm Our best team in my opinion
Meslier
Roberts
Byram
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Gray
Fernandez
Georginio
Summerville
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
Going forward, nice to have Kamara, Piroe, Paddy, Dan even Struijk sat on the bench. But for me that's the most talented 11. Fernandez the most natural and purist striker we have...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
That's the only big exception I'd make to your starting 11. Joseph has really impressed me. Thought he'd need a season out on loan but he's looking the part. I'd still have Bamford in for now and Joseph off the bench. But Joseph may well accelerate to be a premier league starter next season.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:49 pm Going forward, nice to have Kamara, Piroe, Paddy, Dan even Struijk sat on the bench. But for me that's the most talented 11. Fernandez the most natural and purist striker we have...
I'd probably put Strujik in there. But it's hard to see who you leave out - Ampadu definitely plays somewhere. But hard to leave out Gray or Gruev too.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79212
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Gruev is the key question and if he's fit it should be an easy 11 to predict, if not then
Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Cooper
Gnonto
Kamara
Bamford
Georginio
Summerville
Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Cooper
Gnonto
Kamara
Bamford
Georginio
Summerville
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8800
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
In the same scenario I would rather it was:The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:14 am Gruev is the key question and if he's fit it should be an easy 11 to predict, if not then
Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Cooper
Gnonto
Kamara
Bamford
Georginio
Summerville
Meslier
Roberts
Rodon
Ampadu
Byram
Gnonto
Kamara
Gray
Georginio
Bamford
Summerville
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- airedale
- First Team

- Posts: 1459
- Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Train drivers at LNER and Northern, who are members of the Aslef union, began 24 hours of industrial action at midnight on Friday.
Meanwhile, Huddersfield railway station will close on Saturday as part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade.
Looks like the bus for me i certainly ain't driving.
Meanwhile, Huddersfield railway station will close on Saturday as part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade.
Looks like the bus for me i certainly ain't driving.
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7088
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
If Amps is still in a CB role and Gruev is fit enough to play I would put him and Archie in midfield against Huddersfield. They will represent far more control in possession and offer alternative outlets when building from the back.
My only reservation is that Firpo needs Kamara to do his defensive leg work, I think he is a better defensive disruptive midfielder than Gruev. Having Archie help out Firpo would be a waste of his talents. If Byram is fit then that solves the problem, if not Archie and Kamara are the obvious choice.
Archie is wasted at RB and Roberts looks ready for me.
My only reservation is that Firpo needs Kamara to do his defensive leg work, I think he is a better defensive disruptive midfielder than Gruev. Having Archie help out Firpo would be a waste of his talents. If Byram is fit then that solves the problem, if not Archie and Kamara are the obvious choice.
Archie is wasted at RB and Roberts looks ready for me.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
That's my best guess too. Gruev for Roberts would be first choice, with Archie at right back. But if Gruev is out, then just what you posted.
Possible question over Byram/Firpo. I'd pick Byram. We'll see what Farke thinks. And fitness level may be a factor.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Leeds Road is a car park at the best of times and the actual car park is gridlocked for hours after a game. I always parked in town and walked in.airedale wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:30 am Train drivers at LNER and Northern, who are members of the Aslef union, began 24 hours of industrial action at midnight on Friday.
Meanwhile, Huddersfield railway station will close on Saturday as part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade.
Looks like the bus for me i certainly ain't driving.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I thought the Dog Botherers were the worst team i'd seen in years when we last played them, with no cohesion whatsoever.
They've obviously improved recently, I hope they try to play.
I got that feckin confident feeling again Mr Farke, and it's all down to you so don't fck it up.
I'll save my score prediction till the teams out 1-4
They've obviously improved recently, I hope they try to play.
I got that feckin confident feeling again Mr Farke, and it's all down to you so don't fck it up.
I'll save my score prediction till the teams out 1-4
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14825
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Having seen some of the shite the dog botherers are posting on social media, I really hope we hump the canine copulators. So to speak....
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I can't see Byram starting. I would leave Amps at the back even if Gruev isn't fit. Roberts staying at rb and Archie and Kamara in the middle. Kamara is disciplined enough to perform at dm. I'm think we will control possession so Firpo should be ok.
Can we make it 10 from 10. I think i read somewhere that the record is 14 straight wins in this League? A great incentive for the lads to break that.
Can we make it 10 from 10. I think i read somewhere that the record is 14 straight wins in this League? A great incentive for the lads to break that.
- GreennWhite
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3357
- Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Scoring early would be a big bonus in this game, as they then wouldnt be able to sit back and defend deep. This is one of those games that can become a bit messy and not go to plan so i hope we can be calm and positive if the clock ticks bye and we are not in front.
Assuming everyone is fit then I'm not expecting Farke to change any of the usual starters in this game.
Assuming everyone is fit then I'm not expecting Farke to change any of the usual starters in this game.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
No Championship team has ever won 11 straight - that's according to Joe Donohue of the YEPLeeds1000 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:19 pm I can't see Byram starting. I would leave Amps at the back even if Gruev isn't fit. Roberts staying at rb and Archie and Kamara in the middle. Kamara is disciplined enough to perform at dm. I'm think we will control possession so Firpo should be ok.
Can we make it 10 from 10. I think i read somewhere that the record is 14 straight wins in this League? A great incentive for the lads to break that.
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Even better then AJ. Well within the lads grasp.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:10 pm No Championship team has ever won 11 straight - that's according to Joe Donohue of the YEP
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Tomorrow is my birthday. 4:30 a.m. KO here. So hopefully getting a good early start to the celebrations. Might sneak in a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout then go back to bed.
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20766
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Fruit salad kit?
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
How you feeling Swannie about the football LUFC are playing under DF, you a happy Bunny ? Enjoying it all ? What about the peace and quiet on our lovely forum ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- mentalcase
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 10414
- Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Another manager spouts shite about us, hopefully we give him something to shut up about.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "