Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1763577 ... gr%5Etweet
Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
- AcrossThePondAsh
- Manager

- Posts: 4931
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
- Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4521
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
It's a 5:30 a.m. kickoff where I am. I don't think I'll watch until I wake up.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:29 pm Tomorrow is my birthday. 4:30 a.m. KO here. So hopefully getting a good early start to the celebrations. Might sneak in a Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout then go back to bed.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
Dear Claire,
I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?
Please tell me what to do.
Yours anonymously,
Orange Box.
I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?
Please tell me what to do.
Yours anonymously,
Orange Box.
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8800
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
I have a similar dilemma.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am Dear Claire,
I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?
Please tell me what to do.
Yours anonymously,
Orange Box.
I'll miss the game live but am recording it. Do I watch it when I get home not knowing the score or do I keep checking the score?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14663
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
keep in touch on this thread...... then decide whether to watch it or not once you get home, depending on what you read on here...
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
My main problem is I have a mate who’s a scum fan, and she’s bound to text me. Plus I’ve just discovered my route home has been closed for roadworks so I now face a 90 minute detour (the joys of living in rural Scotland), I don’t think my ticker can take the strain, so I think I’m following the thread.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14663
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
I have been told that beforeOrange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 am You really are Claire Rayner in disguise. Your talents are wasted.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11798
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14663
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
I think you will find... Mr Pedantic...Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:30 am They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread![]()
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155472
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
Don't boost Hector's ego up, Orange.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:21 am You really are Claire Rayner in disguise. Your talents are wasted.
Mind you, he probably looks like Claire Rayner
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11798
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
Have we already kicked off, I’m dashing to the TV room now
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- pjm2019
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 2711
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
Fernandez did great against Chelsea with the 2 goals but his other play was not great, no link up play etc. So right now Bamford is ahead of himThe Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:49 pm Going forward, nice to have Kamara, Piroe, Paddy, Dan even Struijk sat on the bench. But for me that's the most talented 11. Fernandez the most natural and purist striker we have...
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7513
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
Do try to keep up, it’s like the man said. There’s the pre match thread for discussion before the game. Then there’s the actual game thread where you can moan and groan to your heart’s content and nobody seems to mind. Then the Firpo thread where you can blame every goal scored against us. Then the Bamford thread where you blame every goal we miss, even when he’s not playing. Then there’s the …….Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:30 am They won’t find out much on this thread Mr Hec, it’s the pre-match thread![]()
Then after the game there’s the post match thread where you can say it all over again.
Simple. Where’s your problem?
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15058
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
Got a nagging doubt about this one. If we are to end our record breaking it would be against these inbred idiots.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79208
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
Actually his link up play was decent, held the ball up well and excellent vision ....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7088
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Huddersfield pre match thread
He is a different player to Bamford. He likes the 6 yard box for a start and the lad has composure. The downward header for the second goal was beautifully executed back across the keeper leaving him flat footed, whilst it may have looked easy, the timing was everything and the fact he made it look so easy was a massive positive for me.
Link up play comes with familiarity and playing regularly. Joseph looks like a very good and dare I say exiting prospect.
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread
You're a woman ? I always presumed you're a bloke.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 am Dear Claire,
I have a problem only you can help me with. I’ll be somewhere on the Irish Sea while the Leeds United game is on today. Do I keep in touch via this thread, or remain in blissful ignorance until I get home and watch the game on TV, hoping some dork doesn’t spoil things and tell me the score?
Please tell me what to do.
Yours anonymously,
Orange Box.
And no i don't know why.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: Huddersfield Town v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pre Match Chat
Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:56 am Do try to keep up, it’s like the man said. There’s the pre match thread for discussion before the game. Then there’s the actual game thread where you can moan and groan to your heart’s content and nobody seems to mind. Then the Firpo thread where you can blame every goal scored against us. Then the Bamford thread where you blame every goal we miss, even when he’s not playing. Then there’s the …….
Then after the game there’s the post match thread where you can say it all over again.
Simple. Where’s your problem?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)