Championship/FL Chat 26/27

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 am I agree with those who say Ipswich deserve to go up. Their biggest asset for me is that leg biter Sam Morsy . I wish we had somebody that nasty in our middle. Thing is though, he’s 32, and I don’t think he’ll go down well in the prem.
Don’t say that to Clacton White. He hates the Tractors and Suffolk in general :roflmao:
Spear throwing knuckle draggers he called us Suffolk dwellers :shock:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 pm Don’t say that to Clacton White. He hates the Tractors and Suffolk in general :roflmao:
Spear throwing knuckle draggers he called us Suffolk dwellers :shock:
I do like that Clacton White, he has such a wonderful way with words. Jeez, I hope he never finds out I live in Scotland.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 pm I do like that Clacton White, he has such a wonderful way with words. Jeez, I hope he never finds out I live in Scotland.
Don’t mention where you live Pike.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 am 18 goals & 2 assists in 34 appearances for Jamie Vardy this season.

That's what a top side should be getting from their No.9.
Whats wrong with a CF making thoughtful runs and missing sitters ?
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:01 pm Would be very interesting to see how he'd cope in the Premier League.

Actually thinking about it would be very interesting to see how they all cope, Maresca, Martin, Farke and Mckenna.

All could struggle.

Could it be the ones best suited to the league are Actually the less pretty style ones like Corberan and Wagner :duno:
It’ll be 3 of those 4 I reckon but will it be us?
No idea tbh.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Cjay »

Absolutely fair play Ipswich (unless a miracle)

Fraction of the budget.

Better to watch, better coached, far far braver.

Now just for Ipswich vs Udders on Saturday
tickle-dog.gif
tickle-dog.gif (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2148 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 am
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Broad Ford »

Unlike Leeds, Ipswich don't play pass the parcel during the home straight.

All is not lost though. All we need do to resurrect Leeds United from the dead is to pray...

Pray for Bamfords blindness infront of goal, pray that he sees the barn door again...

Pray the team turn up for the playoffs...

Pray they use that right hand side of the grass when Gnonto is in oceans of space...

Ipswich don't need a miracle they just turn up when it matters. Well done tractor boys, you deserve second place.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Jimstorrie
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:47 am

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jimstorrie »

Been a bit of a strange season, with all three relegated teams being strong, and Ipswich and West Brom never being out if the top 5.
Without putting a dampener on our play off prospects, will the division be as strong next year?
I don't see the three to be relegated doing as well as this year's.
And will there be a promoted team with as strong a bounce as Ipswich? Portsmouth or Derby?
Interestingly the three losers in last years league 1 playoffs, Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough are all there again, this time with Oxford
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Clacton White »

Broad Ford wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:32 pm

Ipswich don't need a miracle they just turn up when it matters. Well done tractor boys, you deserve second place.
They don't need a miracle when they get the amount of luck and decisions they get . Leeds could get a penalty v Southampton and it would get awarded to Ipscum .
User avatar
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 am
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Broad Ford »

Clacton White wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 am They don't need a miracle when they get the amount of luck and decisions they get.
Ipswich have been competing for a top two finish from the very first game, luck has nothing to do with it. Now it's in their own hands and only need a point to secure promotion.

Leeds have had a remarkable season climbing to the summit, sometimes riding their luck so credit to DF.

Today's fixture will indicate how Leeds will fare in the playoffs, whether they are ready to roar or crash out with a hot then cold whimper. I hope they roarr... like lions and grace the Wembley turf playing like they did away to Leicester. In less than an hour we'll get an indication.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Cjay »

Congratulations Ipswich.

Fully deserved

Back to back promotions is a phenomenally impressive achievement
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Tyzy »

6 defeats all season they deserve it,congrats to Ipswich
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23132
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by SG90 »

Congrats to Ipswich. A top manager and fully made use of the loan system and squad. 97+96 points in back to back seasons, very impressive stuff!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Clacton White »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 1:37 pm 6 defeats all season they deserve it,congrats to Ipswich
NO . I give them no credit whatsoever, would rather absolutely any of the other 22 sides in the division gone up other than them if it's not to be Leeds . I won't ever give credit to that lot for anything, ever . I really hope they get destroyed week in week out next season .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 1:24 pm Congratulations Ipswich.

Fully deserved

Back to back promotions is a phenomenally impressive achievement
NO.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Clacton White wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pm NO . I give them no credit whatsoever, would rather absolutely any of the other 22 sides in the division gone up other than them if it's not to be Leeds . I won't ever give credit to that lot for anything, ever . I really hope they get destroyed week in week out next season .
You have some serious problem with Ipswich Clackers 😂
Everyone talks about what Bielsa did and rightly so but I think the bar just got raised somewhat.
Yes they may get walloped next year and you never know we could be one of the wallopers
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pmNO.
My apologies

Have Ipswich hurt you deep in the past or something? :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Not sure of his name but the bloke at Ipswich who tracked McKenna’s career and persuaded him to come to Ipswich when 12th in league 1 must be feeling a right smug wotsit.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Cjay »

Some impressive stuff floating round the Championship today.

Birmingham were 6th when they sacked John Eustace.

Relegated to league 1 today.

If the season started when Marti Cifuentes took over at QPR or Danny Rohl at Wendies (latter started earlier than the former).

Then 9th Is the form.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Clacton White »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat May 04, 2024 2:54 pm You have some serious problem with Ipswich Clackers 😂
Everyone talks about what Bielsa did and rightly so but I think the bar just got raised somewhat.
Yes they may get walloped next year and you never know we could be one of the wallopers
Indeedy !!
Two exes supported them , my dad sort of followed them , know absolutely zilch about football , I work with a few of their knuckle dragging supporters at work , my current gf family support them , though she doesn't follow football luckily . I need to tell them this is ESSEX, not a trip to the dark ages over the border, their local side is Colchester. Their support generally are very bad winners, another I know...he was Ipscum late 80's and when they went to pot he switched to Manure, then switched to Colchester ( why ????? ) now I see he is on Facebook mentioning the muck spreaders Ipscum again ....I mean talk of fair weather fickle supporters, they are the epitomy .
No I don't like them .
Post Reply