Pele- Rest In Peace

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:23 pm We ran our own death pool competition in the office, presumably the same as above the age of the deceased being deducted from 100 to give a score ?.

After a couple of years, we added the ‘joker’’, which was a family member who you expected to pass away.
Did a family member ever find out they’d been selected by the Reaper?
“Oh well I’d better enjoy myself today”
“Why’s that Uncle Dave”
“Kev Reaper selected me”
“Bummer”
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:49 am Did a family member ever find out they’d been selected by the Reaper?
Can’t comment on my former colleagues, but I always selected my dad. He’s been hanging on for years now, he’s in hospital right now (been in for some 3 weeks or so).

I never told him of my selection.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:52 am Can’t comment on my former colleagues, but I always selected my dad. He’s been hanging on for years now, he’s in hospital right now (been in for some 3 weeks or so).

I never told him of my selection.
Reverse psychology at play with your dad.

Hope he’s ok 👍🏼
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14621
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by hector »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:15 am 🤣🤣🤣 Tears tripping me here 😂😂😂 Must admit the head to head between Sockerist & Mountain at the top of the page had me on the edge of my seat, how did that end up ??
With some very extended holidays from the forum
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7065
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by DDB220 »

10 years ago now there was a pointless investigation when word of the office bucket list was leaked. It had been running for years and everyone put a couple of quid in at the start of every year.
Gallows humour is not trending these days.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Barlow Boy »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:06 am 10 years ago now there was a pointless investigation when word of the office bucket list was leaked. It had been running for years and everyone put a couple of quid in at the start of every year.
Gallows humour is not trending these days.
Many of my fellow directors played along in the game.

However, having selected Muhaamed Ali, one of the directors did drop out claiming Ali was staring at him from the front page of the Daily Express when he passed away.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:55 am Reverse psychology at play with your dad.

Hope he’s ok 👍🏼
Thank you mate.

Unfortunately the fat lady is clearing her throat as far as my dad is concerned, how long before she actually starts singing, time will tell, but I doubt I’ll be buying any Guinness at Christmas for him.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:18 am Thank you mate.

Unfortunately the fat lady is clearing her throat as far as my dad is concerned, how long before she actually starts singing, time will tell, but I doubt I’ll be buying any Guinness at Christmas for him.
Sorry to hear about that BB, tough times.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by GreennWhite »

Awful times for you and your family BB. When it happens give him the best send off that you can.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:18 am Thank you mate.

Unfortunately the fat lady is clearing her throat as far as my dad is concerned, how long before she actually starts singing, time will tell, but I doubt I’ll be buying any Guinness at Christmas for him.
That’s sad Kev but at least you sound like you have a good relationship with him which is a lot more than could be said about my sorry excuse for a father.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Barlow Boy »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:14 am Sorry to hear about that BB, tough times.
Thanks mate, it is what it is I’m afraid.

My daughter (his granddaughter) is coming over from Australia in October with her two children (obviously my dad’s great grandchildren).

I’m hoping he gets to see them all, but it’s 50/50 at the moment.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by Barlow Boy »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:25 am Awful times for you and your family BB. When it happens give him the best send off that you can.
He’s got that planned already Greenie.

One of these cheap ‘Pure Cremation’ jobs, then money behind the bar for a proper knees up.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155116
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pele- Rest In Peace

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:12 pm Thanks mate, it is what it is I’m afraid.

My daughter (his granddaughter) is coming over from Australia in October with her two children (obviously my dad’s great grandchildren).

I’m hoping he gets to see them all, but it’s 50/50 at the moment.
Hope so mate :tup:

Death bingo made me smile :-D
Post Reply