Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:23 pmI'm sure I must have mentioned on here previously the fact I used to live in Lincoln (from 1974 to 1982) and my Dad still lives up there..... so the Super Imps have always been my 'second' team and all through school I used to go down to Sincil Bank.
The mid/late 70's were heady days for Lincoln, especially when Graham Taylor was manager and in '76 they won Div 4 with a record points haul (when it was 2pts for a win) and, I think, the most wins in a season. Of course in '77 GT was tempted off to Watford by Elton John.
I haven't been back to Sincil Bank since the early 80's and the last time I saw Lincoln play was in the Div3 Play Off Final in 2003 (which was down here in the Millennium Stadium). They were battered 5-2 by Bournemouth .....How fortunes change, as back in 81 or 82 I recall Lincoln thrashing Bournemouth 9-0 at Sincil Bank (to this day the biggest one sided score game I've been to)...which, IIRC was the fist game Harry Redknapp was in charge of Bournemouth.
FF05358C-60F3-42E6-A99C-624B1B874496.jpeg
You have Cat.
As a teenager I attended Sincil bank a couple of times with a schoolfriend & his dad, both Lincoln City fans.
You can join me on this thread, following the Imps progress this season.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:59 am
I've just noticed Burnley have sold one of Swannie's favourites Bailey Peacock-Farrell for 530k to relegated Birmingham City.
Didn’t realise he was still around
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:59 am
I've just noticed Burnley have sold one of Swannie's favourites Bailey Peacock-Farrell for 530k to relegated Birmingham City.
I saw him interviewed the other day Leon, just after he signed for Brum.
1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:49 amOver half a million is quite a fee for a goalkeeper in League One
Brummies going for it, they have spent as much as Leeds
Screenshot 2024-08-05 12.46.34.png
Seems a strange purchase given that they also spent nearly £1m on signing a keeper, Allsop, from Hull. Presuming that Allsop would be first choice so it seems a lot of money to spend on a back up keeper in league 1.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
GreennWhite wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:20 am
Bailey looks like someone from the clubs IT department, who just stepped outside his office to get in the picture
I did tell him to get out of the shot
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:33 pm
I did tell him to get out of the shot
For a young lad he has moved around a lot of clubs so far. Wish he could nail down a spot and become a permanent number 1. It would do him and the world of good not to mention helping us ( Northern Ireland ) if he could do that. He still has a lot of improving to do and i think as he is still quite young he will do that as he gets older. Seems like a very pleasant guy, and always comes across that way.