The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:47 pm
Yes, I'm south west of London in Guildford (12th century market town). It's an hours hop to Brighton, though I'd imagine getting one off tickets would be nigh on impossible. I doubt he starts much for Brighton this season too
That sounds lovely and may be some consolation for you If he definitely goes, and you ever get tickets, I'm trusting you to send pictures! You're probably right about his playing time though. Wonder if our increased contract offer (if true) and guaranteed game time would be enough to keep him. Is there any hope?
AcrossThePondAsh wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:56 pm
That sounds lovely and may be some consolation for you If he definitely goes, and you ever get tickets, I'm trusting you to send pictures! You're probably right about his playing time though. Wonder if our increased contract offer (if true) and guaranteed game time would be enough to keep him. Is there any hope?
I really hope so... Geo seems to be wired differently, he cried when he left Germany, didn't want to come and, apart from the blind, he's loved here.. For me up there with Pablo and Raph in terms of creativity
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:54 pm
Chair would be decent wouldn't he? Adding talent from abroad probably would need a season to settle in..
Do you have any names you like?
Chair is a good player, Clarke is a good player.
But they come at a premium that's the problem.
You probably don't get much if any change from Summerville for Clarke.
I'd rather we used the Red Bull network than trust one of the blokes who is responsible for the awful mess Everton are in (Steinsson)
I really hope so... Geo seems to be wired differently, he cried when he left Germany, didn't want to come and, apart from the blind, he's loved here.. For me up there with Pablo and Raph in terms of creativity
SG90 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:02 pm
That hill is worse than climbing Everest lol
If you keeping going up right to the top, that's where I am. So go past all the shops half a mile then you get to me... I do that walk a lot, it's a killer
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:06 pm
If they can do it sympathetically I'm ok with that. If they want to wipe away the history and rebrand the club, it's not worth it...
Yeah same with me. I'm ok with them on board as long as Elland Road isn't renamed and the club isn't rebranded.
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:03 pm
"QPR and Morocco star Ilias Chair has had a jail term reduced to 150 hours of community service and a fine of €1,600 [£1,345]."
I really hope so... Geo seems to be wired differently, he cried when he left Germany, didn't want to come and, apart from the blind, he's loved here.. For me up there with Pablo and Raph in terms of creativity
100% agree - I think he genuinely cares in a different way than most and his creativity is nigh on irreplaceable.
Looks like a lovely town - glorious that there's no cars in the street and the backdrop looks picturesque.
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:06 pm
If they can do it sympathetically I'm ok with that. If they want to wipe away the history and rebrand the club, it's not worth it...
Agreed.
History tells us what they are likely to do unfortunately.
Only small glimmer is that was the old owner who passed away.
His son runs the show now so he may have a different strategy
AcrossThePondAsh wrote: ↑Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:10 pm
100% agree - I think he genuinely cares in a different way than most and his creativity is nigh on irreplaceable.
Looks like a lovely town - glorious that there's no cars in the street and the backdrop looks picturesque.
I'll be surprised if he leaked it. The most likely scenario is it came up in discussions between Brighton and the Niners (Kinnear) even accidently (on purpose)
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"