Georginio Rutter

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9742
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by CUSSIE01 »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:18 pm More hurt by Archie leaving than the other two tbh
Selling Archie May have been a necessity at the time and we still haven’t heard the whole story behind his departure & likely never will. The same can maybe be said of Summerville and we probably had no option with Geo because of his ( escape )sorry release clause being met but it’s the lack of replacements or even a coherent plan for replacements that worries me.
Our starting 11 will win more than they lose but that bench is so weak it’s scary, 2/3 injuries and we’re in serious trouble, still praying though that they pull something out of the hat at the last minute fool that I am.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6713
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Finnatic »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:01 pm Selling Archie May have been a necessity at the time and we still haven’t heard the whole story behind his departure & likely never will. The same can maybe be said of Summerville and we probably had no option with Geo because of his ( escape )sorry release clause being met but it’s the lack of replacements or even a coherent plan for replacements that worries me.
Our starting 11 will win more than they lose but that bench is so weak it’s scary, 2/3 injuries and we’re in serious trouble, still praying though that they pull something out of the hat at the last minute fool that I am.
I was expecting to lose Summerville and possibly Geo early on*
As that didn’t materialise the unexpected bid for Archie and the June 30th deadline meant we had to sell.

Summerville was going whenever an acceptable bid was made.

* Geo is a weird one, thought he’d stay and we’d be fine but did anyone really expect a bid for more than we paid? I thought at worst someone would try their luck with a late but unsuccessful 25m bid or a PL club gets desperate and meet our valuation of him at the last minute.

Gutted as we are, at least there is time to replace him now rather than the end of the window which would have been far worse 🤞
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:25 am Gutted, because Georginio has been a joy to watch, yes frustrating at times, nevertheless a fantastic footballer at this level. I doubt we'll find a better replacement.

I now have visions of watching more games similar to the Middlesbro' fiasco, his departure really hurts, more so than losing Raphinia. :(

Furthermore, I suspect Thorp Arch is like a morgue without his infectious personality.
Yes he's a loss but, I've said this before I'm very proud of how our club developed him and Archie to be the successes they've become.
There will be other infectious personalities I am sure.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20755
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by whiteswan »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:01 pm Selling Archie May have been a necessity at the time and we still haven’t heard the whole story behind his departure & likely never will. The same can maybe be said of Summerville and we probably had no option with Geo because of his ( escape )sorry release clause being met but it’s the lack of replacements or even a coherent plan for replacements that worries me.
Our starting 11 will win more than they lose but that bench is so weak it’s scary, 2/3 injuries and we’re in serious trouble, still praying though that they pull something out of the hat at the last minute fool that I am.
Why the change of avatar Cussie...I loved looking at your lovely pooch
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9742
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by CUSSIE01 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:05 pm Why the change of avatar Cussie...I loved looking at your lovely pooch
The wee man passed away a couple of months ago and it wasn’t easy seeing his photo every time I came on. I know, I know, sentimental old fool.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Barlow Boy »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:00 am The wee man passed away a couple of months ago and it wasn’t easy seeing his photo every time I came on. I know, I know, sentimental old fool.
I know what you mean Cussie, I’ve kept mine of my old mate for now but it does pull at the heartstrings sometimes 😢
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9742
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 am I know what you mean Cussie, I’ve kept mine of my old mate for now but it does pull at the heartstrings sometimes 😢
A great photo of your fella BB, how is your newish addition settling in ? The missus is itching to get another pup but I’m trying to put it off for a while as going on hols or even a last minute weekend away is easier without having to organise his Lordship 😁
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155283
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 am I know what you mean Cussie, I’ve kept mine of my old mate for now but it does pull at the heartstrings sometimes 😢
I'll keep our boy up as my avatar, he's with Jill & I every day we log on to MOT :moggy:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155283
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 am I know what you mean Cussie, I’ve kept mine of my old mate for now but it does pull at the heartstrings sometimes 😢
Don't forget to send me photos of Luna mate.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:52 am I'll keep our boy up as my avatar, he's with Jill & I every day we log on to MOT :moggy:
❣️❣️❣️
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:54 am Don't forget to send me photos of Luna mate.
Just sent them mate, sorry, completely forgot ☹️☹️☹️
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155283
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:09 am Just sent them mate, sorry, completely forgot ☹️☹️☹️
Jill is going all ga ga :-D

Thank you. :|
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:13 am Jill is going all ga ga :-D

Thank you. :|
😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

I thought this thread was about Rutter? :shhh:
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11781
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Barlow Boy »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:42 am I thought this thread was about Rutter? :shhh:
Yeah, sorry ☹️☹️☹️
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Kennyb41 »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:42 am I thought this thread was about Rutter? :shhh:
Some have the power to chat abart anything they like in their club, and any thread Vic, they also have the power to move any post they like, to where they like, or even delete it, you know - like a dictatorship.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:47 am Yeah, sorry ☹️☹️☹️
:) :) :tup:
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
herefordbornleedsboy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 am
Location: Hereford

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Any ideas why this is taking such a long time? Seemed to be done and dusted Friday/Saturday?
Jammy 07
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:09 am

Re: Georginio Rutter - Release Clause Activated

Post by Jammy 07 »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:23 pm Any ideas why this is taking such a long time? Seemed to be done and dusted Friday/Saturday?
No but I wouldn't trust that Tony Bloom guy who owns them to play with a straight bat where we're concerned.
Post Reply