The King/Kate

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14619
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The King/Kate

Post by hector »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:16 pm And not a drop of sweat in sight.
But strangely..... several pizzas :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Jaydog »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:55 pm But strangely..... several pizzas :)
Yeah that was a classic :roflmao:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20735
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The King/Kate

Post by whiteswan »

1. We have a 42 year old Mum frightened for her children.
2. We have a husband frightened for his wife and his children.
3. We have children frightened of losing their Mum
4. We have human beings at the core of this regardless of who, what, they are.
That's my take on it.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155088
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The King/Kate

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:18 am 1. We have a 42 year old Mum frightened for her children.
2. We have a husband frightened for his wife and his children.
3. We have children frightened of losing their Mum
4. We have human beings at the core of this regardless of who, what, they are.
That's my take on it.
William lost his mum in tragic circumstances as a teenager.

Now he must be concerned for his children, they could lose their mum at such a tender age.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20735
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The King/Kate

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:29 am William lost his mum in tragic circumstances as a teenager.

Now he must be concerned for his children, they could lose their mum at such a tender age.
Exactly 64. It's something that will be weighing heavily on his mind I would think
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11763
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:18 am 1. We have a 42 year old Mum frightened for her children.
2. We have a husband frightened for his wife and his children.
3. We have children frightened of losing their Mum
4. We have human beings at the core of this regardless of who, what, they are.
That's my take on it.
and his dad has cancer too.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155088
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The King/Kate

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:52 pm Exactly 64. It's something that will be weighing heavily on his mind I would think
I quite admire them both, they do a lot of good work, Kate is a natural with children.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20735
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The King/Kate

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:50 pm I quite admire them both, they do a lot of good work, Kate is a natural with children.
I have no problem with most of the Royals 64. I love all the pomp that goes with it.

I'm also gonna give a shout out for Camilla. Love her or loathe her She's taken on a lot of Charles's appts since his diagnosis.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:31 pm I have no problem with most of the Royals 64. I love all the pomp that goes with it.

I'm also gonna give a shout out for Camilla. Love her or loathe her She's taken on a lot of Charles's appts since his diagnosis.
It’s a sad situation Swannie. It’s not a disease that discriminates between classes but they really have no idea of the average man or woman in the street who has to rely on a failing NHS. When you read about current diagnosis to treatment times it’s pretty frightening if it affects you. Not their fault I suppose but sad stories up & down the country where earlier detection would’ve made all the difference.
I certainly know several people who would still be breathing if they had had an earlier diagnosis.
Anyway good luck to her, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Well maybe Putin.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155088
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The King/Kate

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 pm It’s a sad situation Swannie. It’s not a disease that discriminates between classes but they really have no idea of the average man or woman in the street who has to rely on a failing NHS. When you read about current diagnosis to treatment times it’s pretty frightening if it affects you. Not their fault I suppose but sad stories up & down the country where earlier detection would’ve made all the difference.
I certainly know several people who would still be breathing if they had had an earlier diagnosis.
Anyway good luck to her, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Well maybe Putin.
Definitely an exception, Jay.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Jaydog »

I’m probably being dull here but the ceremonial bearskin hats used outside BP are actually from real black bears and not faux fur.
2k each and a million spent on them in recent years.
From bears slaughtered in Canada.
f**king disgrace.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11763
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:56 am I’m probably being dull here but the ceremonial bearskin hats used outside BP are actually from real black bears and not faux fur.
2k each and a million spent on them in recent years.
From bears slaughtered in Canada.
f**king disgrace.
Despicable 🤬🤬🤬
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:53 am Despicable 🤬🤬🤬
Apart from the awful sacrifice of bears for the purpose of a hat what about the shocking waste of money when people are struggling to pay bills.
They say they are looking in to the faux option if it comes up to standard.
Run bears run 😢

On a different Royal note I heard Kates video saying she stands with all cancer sufferers. But you dont though do you as you have access to the best medical care on earth and then some. And you can disappear to a luxury retreat for the summer.
Royals are more out of touch with real life than ever.
Sick of the lot of them tbh.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Sean_Nile »

Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Tyzy »

I thought the video Kate did was totally over the top and quite sickly,I needed a bucket passing to be sick in.
She seems nice all the same and hope she makes a full recovery👍
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21199
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: The King/Kate

Post by Jaydog »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:20 pm I thought the video Kate did was totally over the top and quite sickly,I needed a bucket passing to be sick in.
She seems nice all the same and hope she makes a full recovery👍
Agreed. Theres simply no point in trying to suggest you stand in the same shoes when you’re that privileged. It needs to be remembered that people are dying because of late diagnosis due to the NHS being so underfunded and that is something that simply wont happen to a Royal.
Perhaps spend the millions on patients instead of stupid hats and god knows what else
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78962
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The King/Kate

Post by The Subhuman »

Sophie, I know, is nice, and quite admire Edward too, but they're near neighbours so I would say the wouldn't I.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply