Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2024 10:33 pm
Read the link Brad.
I’m talking about the mega rich like James Dyson.
They are buying up land and pushing up the price steeply and are the loudest voice against the government for obvious reasons. The generation to generation farmers are collateral damage.
This is the problem with Labours policy.
Why do you think Dyson is buying up land although he probably isn’t now tbh.
Anyway I spend as much of the year as possible living from the produce in my garden as I prefer what I eat not to be caked in chemicals.
Yeah I know where you are coming from and that is blatant tax evasion on a totally different scale and how they get away with it is most likely offshore companies they own.
I have talked about the likes of Billionaires Dyson, Amazon, Apple before and they should be massively taxed, the loophole they all dive through is having their HQ's abroad while having lots of warehouse distributions centres all over the world so they only pay to that one select region, usually with loyalty benefits and tax breaks for doing so, Amazon use that EU Sarl thing, and profits fly into hedge funds that many MP's allegedly have shares in. Dyson moved his manufacturing and his HQ to Singapore.
Jacob Reece Mogg moved his businesses from UK to Eire and the tax he saved bought him a massive dwelling in Westminster and refurbished too among other estates he owns, you can bet most mega rich MPs do the same or have investments in hedge funds to save them taxs.
They are all corrupt.
Dyson stated this:
My family and I are farmers, not landowners. We have invested £120m, in addition to the cost of land, bringing long-term capital, technology and employment into British farming. Dyson Farming produced 70,000 tonnes of cereals and 16,000 tonnes of potatoes in 2022, plus out-of-season strawberries which avoid the food miles associated with imported alternatives. Our anaerobic digesters generate electricity for 10,000 homes, and the farms sequester more carbon than they emit.
British farmers need to be able to compete on a level playing field with those in Europe and further afield. Brexit provides the freedom to devise a subsidy regime which replaces the EU’s flawed CAP payments, and the government must now grasp that opportunity.
Sir James Dyson
Malmesbury, Wiltshire
I did find this video below interesting and sad.