Super League.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Nov 21, 2024 3:59 pm Tough start for Wakey....
3 of the last 4 fixtures for Cas are away from home 😳😳😳
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20762
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 21, 2024 4:04 pm 3 of the last 4 fixtures for Cas are away from home 😳😳😳
How can that be Kev?
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Nov 21, 2024 7:34 pm How can that be Kev?
I’m not sure Swannie, I’ll do some digging but I’ve just noticed only 2 of the last 8 fixtures are at home.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Cas linked with Russell Crowe as a major investor. 😹😹😹😹😹😹

Now where have I heard that before? 🤔
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 11:46 am Cas linked with Russell Crowe as a major investor. 😹😹😹😹😹😹

Now where have I heard that before? 🤔
Pigs have just gone flying over OB, and it ain’t due to the storm 😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 1:11 pm Pigs have just gone flying over OB, and it ain’t due to the storm 😂😂😂
shame. I was looking forward to the Jungle being renamed the Colosseum.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Expect some huge scores in the Challenge Cup this weekend.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20762
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Feb 07, 2025 8:54 pm Expect some huge scores in the Challenge Cup this weekend.
Goole Vikings 0 - 82 Wakey :)
West Warriors 0 - 92 Leeds

(You were saying ?)
:roflmao:
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Feb 08, 2025 5:10 pm Goole Vikings 0 - 82 Wakey :)
West Warriors 0 - 92 Leeds

(You were saying ?)
:roflmao:
I predicted well.

Expect another one at Featherstone tomorrow Swannie.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

What great planning by the RFL, ensure every amateur club gets annihilated by SL opposition. It makes my blood boil.
As a player I never wanted to pit myself against superior professionals and get absolutely walloped, I knew my level and was comfortable at it. I remember playing in the Yorkshire Cup against Headingley who had at least four current internationals in their team - it was humiliating .
Okay, I get the argument that the money comes in useful, but most amateur rugby teams are probably better off financially than most professional teams, because they don’t pay players and they can’t operate with an outstanding debt. This is just another example of the authorities meddling with a system that has worked well for over a century.
Butt out RFL, and let Lady Luck determine the draw.

Ps. For the record, I expect Cas to struggle at Odsal this afternoon.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 8:17 am What great planning by the RFL, ensure every amateur club gets annihilated by SL opposition. It makes my blood boil.
As a player I never wanted to pit myself against superior professionals and get absolutely walloped, I knew my level and was comfortable at it. I remember playing in the Yorkshire Cup against Headingley who had at least four current internationals in their team - it was humiliating .
Okay, I get the argument that the money comes in useful, but most amateur rugby teams are probably better off financially than most professional teams, because they don’t pay players and they can’t operate with an outstanding debt. This is just another example of the authorities meddling with a system that has worked well for over a century.
Butt out RFL, and let Lady Luck determine the draw.

Ps. For the record, I expect Cas to struggle at Odsal this afternoon.
You probably know this anyway OB, but the game is on the BBC red button.

I’m watching it now, as you say, not expecting much.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

My prediction: Wakefield to go all the way to Wembley this season. (Wembley is a far away land, Swanny, ask anybody over a hundred years old and they’ll tell you about the last time they went there, in charabancs, down the A1, when it was still a mud track.)

Right, that’s got that out of the way, I’m off to take my medication now. 💊💊💊
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:01 pm You probably know this anyway OB, but the game is on the BBC red button.

I’m watching it now, as you say, not expecting much.
I didn’t, thanks. I’ll turn it on
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:02 pm I didn’t, thanks. I’ll turn it on
Great start 🙄🙄🙄
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:09 pm Great start 🙄🙄🙄
Not to mention the finish to the half. It gonna be a long long season.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bradford 17-0 Cas HT.

What a sporting weekend for me 🙄🙄🙄
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20762
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:01 pm My prediction: Wakefield to go all the way to Wembley this season. (Wembley is a far away land, Swanny, ask anybody over a hundred years old and they’ll tell you about the last time they went there, in charabancs, down the A1, when it was still a mud track.)

Right, that’s got that out of the way, I’m off to take my medication now. 💊💊💊
You're so funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20762
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:47 pm Bradford 17-0 Cas HT.

What a sporting weekend for me 🙄🙄🙄
Serious question Kev, why do you bother with the FA Cup games when the club hasn't taken it seriously for years.... :duno:
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7503
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:47 pm Bradford 17-0 Cas HT.

What a sporting weekend for me 🙄🙄🙄
Add Scotland RU into that mix and it’s one to forget for me too.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11784
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 3:15 pm Serious question Kev, why do you bother with the FA Cup games when the club hasn't taken it seriously for years.... :duno:
I think we are in the wrong thread for that one Swannie 😁😁😁

However, as you know, I haven’t missed a home game now since 2011 and I want to keep that record going for as long as I can, which is why I attend all games, be they Carabao Cup or FA Cup.

There are additional reasons, it’s great to have a couple of pints with the lads and my Mrs likes me out of the house 🤣 🤣 🤣
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Post Reply