The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:08 pm
played for my school, coached and scouted at U13/14 and 15 level, with success. Watched football for 55 years.
Okay so again not a slight but you haven't then played men's football against a team leaving something on you every time you pass. Believe me it is horrible to play against. For me a defender I'd clear the ball and then out of nowhere get clattered. The ref is simply watching where the ball is going, the next phase of play, so doesn't see the foul. If you are anticipating a foul you can brace yourself so that the impact isn't as bad. Instead when it is a match like this you are just clearing the ball etc and suddenly you are getting studs raked down the back of your leg, or being pushed over, or having someone clattering your ankle. It does then affect your game. Some players go hiding, don't want to receive the ball or when they get it pass it on quickly so that they aren't then clobbered. It is where you see how brave players are. Solomon impressed me with his dancing feet because he was prepared to get kicked. He was going to keep the ball - albeit because of the area he had the ball there was less likelihood of PNE fouling him due to it being on the edge of their area.
Even Tanaka today misplaced a few passes. Again he got clattered by a lte unecessary challenge. He was probably then expecting to get caught like that again and so that is in his mind when he passed later. You are passing but instead of making certain of your pass you are looking around you to see where the late lunge is coming from.
I am glad we don't have a midweek game because I bet a lot of our players will have sore ankles and cuts on the back fo their legs.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:25 pm
I just didnt expect a win today faaip. I don't expect us to win every game like some on here do. (I did when watching our Revie team though, I never thought we would lose a game). I always hope that we win, but we've shown already this season how we come unstuck away from home.
I think the big difference with the Revie team is that we had skill but also were a team willing to kick the sh*t out of the opposition. In those days you expected to be clattered so it was fair as both teams did it and the refs knew that.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:25 pm
I just didnt expect a win today faaip. I don't expect us to win every game like some on here do. (I did when watching our Revie team though, I never thought we would lose a game). I always hope that we win, but we've shown already this season how we come unstuck away from home.
But why
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:38 pm
I think the big difference with the Revie team is that we had skill but also were a team willing to kick the sh*t out of the opposition. In those days you expected to be clattered so it was fair as both teams did it and the refs knew that.
Daniel Farke is German so he must be a fascist, and the way he runs the team he could be Hitler, if he wins the league all those that criticised him will not get season tickets.
He is also a misogynist he doesn't have any women on the team.
He is also a racist, the number of black players on his team is under represented. There is no diversity equality or inclusivity.
He knows nothing about the economics of running a club, sitting on sales of over £100M.
If you have friends or family who support Farke then don't spend Christmas with them. How can you be friends with someone who behaves like Farke?
If he stays in power beyond the January transfer window that will be the end of Leeds United.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style ~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:25 pm
I just didnt expect a win today faaip. I don't expect us to win every game like some on here do. (I did when watching our Revie team though, I never thought we would lose a game). I always hope that we win, but we've shown already this season how we come unstuck away from home.
In case you haven’t started watching yet Swannie just jump straight to injury time. No need.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
I went for a very long walk at the final whistle in an attempt to release my pent-up emotions. Today game was everything I hate about championship football & opposition fans have the audacity referring to us as Dirty Leeds. We need to get out of this horrible league.
Defensive cloggers.
Low block teams.
Poor refereeing giving us nothing.
Our slow build-up.
Too many passes, not incisive enough.
Opposition score on the break with their first meaningful attack.
Sloppiness all over the park for long periods.
Missed chances.
Time wasting from the start of the game.
Sub changes too late & just sheer desperation in the end.
Why is it when we get a throw-in, only certain players to take them, allowing the opposition to set themselves, rather than catch them off guard.
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:45 pm
Why are we so poor away from home
Bad refs all the time?
Bad luck?
Players not good enough?
Manager?
What we do know is that all the defeats come after a good win.
Do we did think we only have to turn up believing we are invincible after receiving plaudits for the previous game?
Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 2:34 pmWe just dont seem to win ugly.
Cant be Boro type footy every weekend.
But we had the chances to win.
For me Bamford should just get in the way and not try the fancy stuff. Ah well I’m going for a long walk too Leon
That's a big key for me. We need to be able to beat the champo teams in champo games.
Finnatic wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 4:03 pm
What we do know is that all the defeats come after a good win.
Do we did think we only have to turn up believing we are invincible after receiving plaudits for the previous game?
Doubtful tbh but you'd file that under manager
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 2:34 pm
We just dont seem to win ugly.
Cant be Boro type footy every weekend.
But we had the chances to win.
For me Bamford should just get in the way and not try the fancy stuff. Ah well I’m going for a long walk too Leon
Most of our wins have been win ugly...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 2:49 pm
Preston got a lucky goal, Messlier should have saved it, the Sheff U keeper would have done and most other keepers at this level. Yes Preston then had a couple of chances on the break but, and I have made this point before, we got into great positions but our final pass was poor - this then means you don't get an xg because there wasn't a shot.
Best chance of the game was Aaronsen's.
Aaronson's miss was a bit of a shocker. The keeper had already committed and he just had to place it into the far corner. In the end, I'm not sure what he was trying to do - panic?
weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 14, 2024 2:49 pm
Preston got a lucky goal, Messlier should have saved it, the Sheff U keeper would have done and most other keepers at this level. Yes Preston then had a couple of chances on the break but, and I have made this point before, we got into great positions but our final pass was poor - this then means you don't get an xg because there wasn't a shot.
Best chance of the game was Aaronsen's.
And on their goal. Lucky because Meslier should have saved it. But the set up was completely by design. Heckingbottom said it after the game. And we know we concede that same goal on the break all too regularly.