Apparently we are looking to sign former Cadiz keeper Conan Ledesma now at river plate, 31 yr old, once described (2023) as the best keeper in the universe, probably a load of old tosh like.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
BradWhite wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:19 pm
As people are saying on here Darlow has a worse record than Mes and he's a lot older.
Maybe the best option is probably to keep supporting Mes who'll be on the floor at the moment with self doubt and to try get a keeper in on loan.
I doubt Mes will be first choice if we get promoted, a No 1 will be found.
The question to be asked is that f we get promoted would we be likely to see Meslier as first choice for us in the prem? If the answer is no then there seems little point with sticking with him for the next few months if there is a chance that it will harm our chances of getting promoted, which I feel it will.
The trouble with saying Darlow has a worse record is that it is hard to judge keepers solely on stats. Darlow has got promoted with Newcastle, which would suggest that he is at the very least a reasonably competent keeper - and that at the moment sadly is more than can be said about Meslier.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:30 pmWhy would we want Meslier between the sticks with his confidence rock bottom!
He needs taking out for a few games at the very least to clear his mental state.
Guaranteed more howlers if we persevere with him.
I know we are only into January & it's a long old season, but I fear he could have already cost us automatic promotion in a league we should be coasting by now!
Burnley, Sheff Utd & Sunderland management, players & their fans must be extremely relieved that we haven't distanced ourselves from them.
Playing Devil's advocate to the fact of the lack of play from an ageing Darlow and Farke may only drop Mes for the cup game, I know Farke will try install confidence as he did with the backlash Gnonto got.
We will see if how heavy it lays on his mental state, leaving him out may or may not benefit him, it's a gamble either way, I guess.
I agree we should be coasting this league and believe we should have been in search of a better keeper last season.
weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:40 pmThe question to be asked is that f we get promoted would we be likely to see Meslier as first choice for us in the prem? If the answer is no then there seems little point with sticking with him for the next few months if there is a chance that it will harm our chances of getting promoted, which I feel it will.
The trouble with saying Darlow has a worse record is that it is hard to judge keepers solely on stats. Darlow has got promoted with Newcastle, which would suggest that he is at the very least a reasonably competent keeper - and that at the moment sadly is more than can be said about Meslier.
No, IMO, on promotion he'll either be dropped to 2nd choice keeper, sold or put out on loan, they'll need to bring in someone better in, I suggest they do it in this window.
Trouble is we're not going to get top quality from the prem, it'll be a 2nd or maybe third choice keeper from a decent club and on loan, I think the board will look towards a RedBull sponsored club as suggested by a couple of pundits.
One thing is for sure is this is make or break for Mes and the pressure is on.
1964white wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 12:30 pm
Why would we want Meslier between the sticks with his confidence rock bottom!
He needs taking out for a few games at the very least to clear his mental state.
Guaranteed more howlers if we persevere with him.
I know we are only into January & it's a long old season, but I fear he could have already cost us automatic promotion in a league we should be coasting by now!
Burnley, Sheff Utd & Sunderland management, players & their fans must be extremely relieved that we haven't distanced ourselves from them.
Darlow comes in and we lose the first league game - there will be plenty of fans suddenly changing their perspective about Mes.
DDB220 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 4:48 pm
Darlow comes in and we lose the first league game - there will be plenty of fans suddenly changing their perspective about Mes.
Let’s hope he is still sharp
I don't think they would. They/we would be wanting a keeper that was better than both of them.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 11:12 am
Yes.
Dibbin was caught behind by WG off a googly.
That counts as a penalty save in my book.
Albeit a very strange book.
mentalcase wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 8:02 pm
tempFileForShare_20250108-200038.jpg
How exactly were those percentages calculated?
Certainly not from the numbers in the preceding columns.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style ~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Wed Jan 08, 2025 8:47 pm
How exactly were those percentages calculated?
Certainly not from the numbers in the preceding columns.
Games would be the amount of games played. Clean sheets would be the amount of times no goals have been conceded. Goals conceded for Meslier amounts to 19 in the 12 games where he has conceded goal(s). The save % does not relate to the other columns but will be worked out based on shots taken against him and how many of those he has saved. Whilst not a definitive way of assessing a keeper - i.e. a 30 yard pea roller straight at him counts as a shot just the same as a striker smashing it at goal from 10 yards out - it is however not great to see him so low down on the list and I am in no way surprised at the 2 names at the top of the list.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
I really don't think DF is going to replace meslier I think he has blind faith that he is good enough but I honestly think it will be DF downfall and end uk him losing his job cos I bet you he will put meslier back in goal in Feb!,why does he not either leave Darlow in for an extended period or buy Ledesma and get rid of meslier because meslier will cost us promotion this Yr cos we all know we will not go up thru play offs simple as .
All i can say is what if all the top six teams bar us loose their goalkeepers through injury, and as well all their strikers loose form, and all the people they buy in the transfer window turn out to be duds.
This about as likely as saying Illan will cost us promotion.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style ~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Johnsie123 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 10, 2025 8:58 am
I really don't think DF is going to replace meslier I think he has blind faith that he is good enough but I honestly think it will be DF downfall and end uk him losing his job cos I bet you he will put meslier back in goal in Feb!,why does he not either leave Darlow in for an extended period or buy Ledesma and get rid of meslier because meslier will cost us promotion this Yr cos we all know we will not go up thru play offs simple as .
Stick or twist.
Whatever decision Farke makes, ultimately, it could cost him his job in the end.