3 of the last 4 fixtures for Cas are away from home
Super League.
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20762
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Super League
How can that be Kev?
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
I’m not sure Swannie, I’ll do some digging but I’ve just noticed only 2 of the last 8 fixtures are at home.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
Cas linked with Russell Crowe as a major investor. 





Now where have I heard that before?
Now where have I heard that before?
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
Pigs have just gone flying over OB, and it ain’t due to the stormOrange Box wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 11:46 am Cas linked with Russell Crowe as a major investor.
Now where have I heard that before?![]()
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
shame. I was looking forward to the Jungle being renamed the Colosseum.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Jan 24, 2025 1:11 pm Pigs have just gone flying over OB, and it ain’t due to the storm![]()
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
Expect some huge scores in the Challenge Cup this weekend.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20762
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Super League
Goole Vikings 0 - 82 WakeyBarlow Boy wrote: ↑Fri Feb 07, 2025 8:54 pm Expect some huge scores in the Challenge Cup this weekend.
West Warriors 0 - 92 Leeds
(You were saying ?)
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
I predicted well.
Expect another one at Featherstone tomorrow Swannie.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
What great planning by the RFL, ensure every amateur club gets annihilated by SL opposition. It makes my blood boil.
As a player I never wanted to pit myself against superior professionals and get absolutely walloped, I knew my level and was comfortable at it. I remember playing in the Yorkshire Cup against Headingley who had at least four current internationals in their team - it was humiliating .
Okay, I get the argument that the money comes in useful, but most amateur rugby teams are probably better off financially than most professional teams, because they don’t pay players and they can’t operate with an outstanding debt. This is just another example of the authorities meddling with a system that has worked well for over a century.
Butt out RFL, and let Lady Luck determine the draw.
Ps. For the record, I expect Cas to struggle at Odsal this afternoon.
As a player I never wanted to pit myself against superior professionals and get absolutely walloped, I knew my level and was comfortable at it. I remember playing in the Yorkshire Cup against Headingley who had at least four current internationals in their team - it was humiliating .
Okay, I get the argument that the money comes in useful, but most amateur rugby teams are probably better off financially than most professional teams, because they don’t pay players and they can’t operate with an outstanding debt. This is just another example of the authorities meddling with a system that has worked well for over a century.
Butt out RFL, and let Lady Luck determine the draw.
Ps. For the record, I expect Cas to struggle at Odsal this afternoon.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
You probably know this anyway OB, but the game is on the BBC red button.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 8:17 am What great planning by the RFL, ensure every amateur club gets annihilated by SL opposition. It makes my blood boil.
As a player I never wanted to pit myself against superior professionals and get absolutely walloped, I knew my level and was comfortable at it. I remember playing in the Yorkshire Cup against Headingley who had at least four current internationals in their team - it was humiliating .
Okay, I get the argument that the money comes in useful, but most amateur rugby teams are probably better off financially than most professional teams, because they don’t pay players and they can’t operate with an outstanding debt. This is just another example of the authorities meddling with a system that has worked well for over a century.
Butt out RFL, and let Lady Luck determine the draw.
Ps. For the record, I expect Cas to struggle at Odsal this afternoon.
I’m watching it now, as you say, not expecting much.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
My prediction: Wakefield to go all the way to Wembley this season. (Wembley is a far away land, Swanny, ask anybody over a hundred years old and they’ll tell you about the last time they went there, in charabancs, down the A1, when it was still a mud track.)
Right, that’s got that out of the way, I’m off to take my medication now.

Right, that’s got that out of the way, I’m off to take my medication now.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
I didn’t, thanks. I’ll turn it onBarlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:01 pm You probably know this anyway OB, but the game is on the BBC red button.
I’m watching it now, as you say, not expecting much.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
Not to mention the finish to the half. It gonna be a long long season.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
Bradford 17-0 Cas HT.
What a sporting weekend for me

What a sporting weekend for me
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20762
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Super League
You're so funnyOrange Box wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2025 1:01 pm My prediction: Wakefield to go all the way to Wembley this season. (Wembley is a far away land, Swanny, ask anybody over a hundred years old and they’ll tell you about the last time they went there, in charabancs, down the A1, when it was still a mud track.)
Right, that’s got that out of the way, I’m off to take my medication now.![]()
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20762
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Super League
Serious question Kev, why do you bother with the FA Cup games when the club hasn't taken it seriously for years....
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7503
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Super League
Add Scotland RU into that mix and it’s one to forget for me too.
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11784
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Super League
I think we are in the wrong thread for that one Swannie
However, as you know, I haven’t missed a home game now since 2011 and I want to keep that record going for as long as I can, which is why I attend all games, be they Carabao Cup or FA Cup.
There are additional reasons, it’s great to have a couple of pints with the lads and my Mrs likes me out of the house
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello