YORK EBOR FESTIVAL - DAY FOUR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - PLEASE POST YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD.

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:22 pm Can I cash out ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Mar 10, 2025 6:41 pm Ges selections

1.20 Irancy £5 ew
1.20 Workahead £5 win
2.00 L'eau Du Sud £5 win
2.40 Famous Bridge £5 ew
2.40 The Short Go £5 ew
3.20 Lossiemouth £30 win
4.00 Constitution Hill £30 win
4.40 Murcia £5 ew
4.40 Robbies Rock £5 ew
5.20 Captain Cody £5 ew
Staked £130.00
Robbie's Rock was placed @ 50/1 for Ges, mate.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:27 pm Robbie's Rock was placed @ 50/1 for Ges, mate.
Whoa. Good spot. Thanks 🙏
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:18 pm DAY 1 RESULTS.

Jaydog
£5 ew unless stated.
1.20 Irancy
2.00 L’eau Du Sud £10 win
2.40 The Changing Man £10 ew 2nd 7/1 +27.50
3.20 Lossiemouth £10 win 1st 4/6 +16.67
4.00 Brighterdaysahead £10 win
4.40 Hot Fuss 4th 17/2 +15.63
5.20 Transmission
5.20 Will Do 3rd 12/1 +20.00
Staked £90.00 Winnings £79.80 Loss £10.20

Sean
£2.50 ew all.
1.20 Salvator Mundi
2.00 Only By Night 2nd 25/1 +18.13
2.40 Myretown 1st 13/2 +25.31
3.20 Joyeuse
4.00 State Man
4.40 Total Look
5.20 Resplendent Grey 4th 10/1 +8.75
Staked £35.00 Winnings £52.19 Profit £17.19

Hector
1.20 kopek Des Bordes £10 win 1st 4/6 +16.67
2.00 Jango Baie £5.00 E/W 1st 5/1 +41.25
2.40 The Changing Man £10 Win
3.20 Jade De Grugy £5.00 E/W 2nd 5/1 +11.25
4.00 State Man £5.00 E/W
4.40 Slurricane £5.00 E/W
5.20 Gericault Roque £10.00 E/W
Staked £80.00 Winnings £69.17 Loss £10.84

Ges
1.20 Irancy £5 ew
1.20 Workahead £5 win
2.00 L'eau Du Sud £5 win
2.40 Famous Bridge £5 ew
2.40 The Short Go £5ew
3.20 Lossiemouth £30 win 1st 4/6 +50.00
4.00 Constitution Hill £30 win
4.40 Murcia £5ew
5.20 Captain Cody £5ew
Staked £120.00 Winnings £50 Loss £70.00

Barlow Boy
1.20 Kopek Des Bordes £20 Win 1st 4/6 +33.33
1.20 William Munny £5 E/W 2nd 8/1 +15.00
2.00 Majborough £20 Win
2.00 Jango Baie £5 E/W 1st 5/1 +41.25
2.40 Richmond Lake £5 E/W
2.40 Whistle Stop Tour £5 E/W
3.20 Lossiemouth £20 Win 1st 4/6 +33.33
3.20 Joyeuse £5 E/W
4.00 Constitution Hill £20 Win
4.40 Puturhandstogether £5 E/W 1st 17/2 +63.13
4.40 Beyond Your Dreams £5 E/W
5.20 Gericault Roque £5 E/W
5.20 Resplendent Grey £5 E/W 4th 10/1 +17.50
Staked £170.00 Winnings £203.54 Profit £33.54

Cussie
1.20 Kopek Des Bordes £15 win 1st 4/6 +25.00
2.00 L’eau Du Sud £5 ew
2.40 Myretown £10 win 1st 13/2 +75.00
3.20 Lossiemouth £5ew 1st 4/6 +14.17
4.00 Brighterdaysahead £5 ew
4.40 Beyond Your Dreams £5 ew
5.20 Now Is The Hour £5 ew
Staked £75.00 Winnings £114.17 Profit £39.17

JimStorrie
1.20 Kopek des bordes £20 win 1st 4/6 +33.33
2.00 Majborough £20 win
2.40 Henry's Friend £10 ew
3.20 Lossiemouth £20 win 1st 4/6 +33.33
4.00 Constitution Hill £20 win
4.40 Puturhandstogether £10 ew 1st 17/2 +126.25
5.20 Haiti Couleurs £10 ew 1st 7/2 +63.75
Staked £140.00 Winnings £256.66 Profit £116.66 :fire:

BlancdeBlanc
1.20 Salvatore Mundi £5 e/w
1.20 William Munny £5 e/w 2nd 8/1 +15.00
2.00 L’eau Du Sud £10 win
2.40 Crebilly £5 e/w
2.40 Broadway Boy £10 e/w
3.20 July Flower £5 e/w
4.00 Constitution Hill £30 win
4.40 Puturhandstogether £10 e/w 1st 17/2 +126.25
5.20 Resplendent Gray £5 e/w 4th 10/1 +17.50
5.20 Transmission £5 e/w
Staked £140.00 Winnings £158.75 Profit £18.75

Mrs64
£2.50 ew on all
1.20 William Munny 2nd 8/1 +7.50
2.00 Jango Baie 1st 5/1 +18.13
2.00 L'Eau Du Sud
2.40 The Changing Man 2nd 7/1 +6.88
2.40 Whistle Stop Tour
3.20 July Flower
3.20 Jade De Grugy 2nd 5/1 +5.63
4.00 State Man
4.40 Beyond Your Dreams
5.20 Transmission
Staked £50.00 Winnings £38.14 Loss £11.86

1964White
£2.50 ew on all unless stated
1.20 Romeo Coolio 3rd 9/2 +5.33
2.00 Majborough £5 win
2.40 Kotate Girl
2.40 Crebilly
2.40 Victtorino
2.40 Molina Girl 3rd 14/1 +11.25
3.20 July Flower
3.20 Jade De Grugy 2nd 5/1 +5.63
4.00 Brighterdaysahead £5 win
4.40 Beyond Your Dreams
4.40 Stencil
4.40 Liam Swagger 3rd 12/1 +10.00
4.40 Total Look
5.20 Kyntara
5.20 Gericault Rogue
Staked £75.00 Winnings £32.21 Loss £42.79

Gurj
1.20 Romeo Coolio £10 ew 3rd 9/2 +21.30
2.00 L’eau Du Sud £20 ew
2.40 Myretown £20 ew 1st 13/2 +202.50
3.20 Jade De Grugy £10 ew 2nd 5/1 +22.50
4.00 Constitution Hill £50 win
4.40 Putyourhandstogether £10 ew 1st 17/2 +126.25
5.20 Transmission £10 win
Staked £200.00 Winnings £372.55 Profit £172.55 :fire: :fire:

SnifferClarke
£5 ew all.
1.20 Romeo Coolio 3rd 9/2 +10.65
2.00 L'Eau Du Sud
2.40 Broadway Boy
3.20 Joyeuse
4.00 State Man
4.40 Quantock Hills
5.20 Now is the Hour
Staked £70.00 Winnings £10.65 Loss £59.35

Lufc1304
£5 e/w unless stated.
1.20 Kopek Des Bordes £10 win 1st 4/6 +16.67
1.20 Workahead
2.00 Majborough £20 win
2.40 Malina Girl 3rd 14/1 +22.50
2.40 Katate Dori
3.20 Lossiemouth £10 win 1st 4/6 +16.67
3.20 Jade De Grugy 2nd 5/1 +11.25
4.00 Constitution Hill £20 win
4.40 Murcia
4.40 Hot Fuss 4th 17/2 +15.63
5.20 Captain Cody
5.20 Transmission
Staked £140.00 Winnings £82.72 Loss £57.28

On a day of high drama in the Cotswolds Gurj does a Lossiemouth and canters to day 1 victory with a great total. Really good total for Jim too 👍🏼
Profitable day also for Cussie, BB, BdB and Sean.
Losses for the rest I’m afraid.
Good first day lead for Gurj with him & Jim taking a nice early lead from the pack. Long way to go though….

Running Totals after Day 1.
Gurj £672.55
JimStorrie £616.66
Cussie £539.17
Barlow Boy £533.54
BlancdeBlanc £518.75
Sean Nile £517.19
Jaydog £489.80
Hector £489.16
Mrs64. £488.14
1964White £457.21
Lufc1304 £442.72
SnifferClarke £440.65
Ges £430.00
Astounded by your prompt results JD, genuinely impressed my friend 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Well seen you used to be in the business.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - PLEASE POST YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD.

Post by Barlow Boy »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:22 pm Can I cash out ?
Tempting isn’t it 😁😁😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - PLEASE POST YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD.

Post by Sean_Nile »

All bets £5 ew except 1st race
1:20 The new lion £10 win
2:00 Dancing city
2:40 Al Gasparo
3:20 Busselton
4:00 Solness
4:40 Jazzy Matty
5:20 Kalypso'chance

Total £70
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:27 pm Robbie's Rock was placed @ 50/1 for Ges, mate.
This is twice that has happened now. I copied and pasted and a selection went missing 🤔
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:29 pm Astounded by your prompt results JD, genuinely impressed my friend 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Well seen you used to be in the business.
I made one mistake but I blame the computer 😁
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:31 pm This is twice that has happened now. I copied and pasted and a selection went missing 🤔
It's happen to me in the past, Jay. One of those weird occurrences mate.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14623
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - PLEASE POST YOUR SELECTIONS ON THIS THREAD.

Post by hector »

1.20 Sixmilebridge £10 E/w
2.00 Better days ahead £10.00 E/W
2.40 Eagle Fang £10.00 E/W
3.20 Vanillier £10.00 E/W
4.00 Quilixios £10.00 E/W
4.40 My Mate Mozzie £10.00 E/W
5.20 Gameofinches £10.00 E/W

£140 staked
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:38 pm It's happen to me in the past, Jay. One of those weird occurrences mate.
I expect Cat is hovering 🤣
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:28 pm Whoa. Good spot. Thanks 🙏
I knew Ges had tipped Robbie's Rock, so I was really concerned & :poo: ing myself as thought I hadn't typed that selection in my post.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:41 pm I expect Cat is hovering 🤣
:lol: :lol: :lol:

No sign of Cat & Az

And where was WhiteRose?

Still one of the best turnouts we've had in our horse racing compeitions.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:43 pm I knew Ges had tipped Robbie's Rock, so I was really concerned & :poo: ing myself as thought I hadn't typed that selection in my post.
Ah hang on a minute. The staking was correct. £120.
Thats what I copied over. With Robbies its £130.
So that must’ve been added after I moved it over.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:47 pm Ah hang on a minute. The staking was correct. £120.
Thats what I copied over. With Robbies its £130.
So that must’ve been added after I moved it over.
It was amended at 9pm last night mate, after he had texted me to add it to the rest of his selections.

Lucky sod!
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:52 pm It was amended at 9pm last night mate, after he had texted me to add it to the rest of his selections.

Lucky sod!
Yeah I can see it without Robbies when quoted by Hector. And then the amended one. So all good. I was on the ball with getting them in a draft and didn’t see the amended version.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:54 pm Yeah I can see it without Robbies when quoted by Hector. And then the amended one. So all good. I was on the ball with getting them in a draft and didn’t see the amended version.
Ah! I should have mentioned the change. I assumed you wouldn't put them in a draft until this morning.

You were on the ball, mate. :clap:

Well done today, days like this must bring the memories flooding back!
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21203
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:59 pm Ah! I should have mentioned the change. I assumed you wouldn't put them in a draft until this morning.

You were on the ball, mate. :clap:

Well done today, days like this must bring the memories flooding back!
No worries Leon.
Glad I didn’t make a mistake as such just a bit too efficient for my own good 😁

It was similar to my bookie days bar the armchair and lack of moaning cretins 🤣
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155136
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 7:09 pm No worries Leon.
Glad I didn’t make a mistake as such just a bit too efficient for my own good 😁

It was similar to my bookie days bar the armchair and lack of moaning cretins 🤣
Tell me about them, I remember those times so well. :-D
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18293
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: 2025 Cheltenham Festival Comp: Tues 11th - Fri 14th March - WHO IS UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Mar 11, 2025 6:41 pm I expect Cat is hovering 🤣
As, if :shock:
Post Reply