Missing Members.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Sean_Nile »

weasel wrote: ↑Wed Apr 09, 2025 9:41 pm It almost seems at times that some fans want us to lose so that they can say I told you so etc. Can't really be doing with that and the overwhelming peseimism. Happy to get by in my own quagmire of despair without the pile-on. Turned the squareball's after match show, from the Luton match, off as it was so negative and so anit-Farke. I appreciate they were feeling down but prefer some sense of balance.
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked, or stand in the way that sinners take, or sit in the company of mockers.

A man is known by the company he keeps.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Apr 09, 2025 10:21 pm Can Commonwealth citizens move freely between Commonwealth nations? Or do you have to go through an immigration process? Just curious and I didn't find anything definitive in my very brief online search. LOL
You have to go through an immigration process and it takes time: 2 years in our case. I don't want to post all of my business on here so will PM you what we have had to go through.

We are now waiting for final confirmation and then we can book our tickets. It's all very exciting...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Sean_Nile »

Australia did pay for people to immigrate by boat from the UK. This was part of various assisted migration schemes to boost the population and labor force.

One of the most notable programs was the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme, commonly known as the "Ten Pound Pom" scheme, which started in 1945 and ran until the early 1970s. Under this program:

British citizens could migrate to Australia for just £10 (the Australian government heavily subsidized the cost).

I remember it was to talk of the village in Scotland and many of my fathers friends left for the sunshine and a better life.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by The Subhuman »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 9:15 am Australia did pay for people to immigrate by boat from the UK. This was part of various assisted migration schemes to boost the population and labor force.

One of the most notable programs was the Assisted Passage Migration Scheme, commonly known as the "Ten Pound Pom" scheme, which started in 1945 and ran until the early 1970s. Under this program:

British citizens could migrate to Australia for just £10 (the Australian government heavily subsidized the cost).

I remember it was to talk of the village in Scotland and many of my fathers friends left for the sunshine and a better life.
My dad this this when I was 2 in 64, all accepted, house set up in Melbourne to move into, house packed up, job to go to, passage booked on a liner. Two days before we left my mum just couldn't do it. Never been further than a few miles from home in her entire life (she was 25, dad was 33, he was used it having emigrated from India in 52 at the age of 21)

So we cancelled and stayed
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by weasel »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 5:30 am Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked, or stand in the way that sinners take, or sit in the company of mockers.

A man is known by the company he keeps.
Indeed. I think it was Descartes who summed it up - if you hang around with c*nts you might be mistaken for a tw@t.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Sean_Nile »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 10:03 am Indeed. I think it was Descartes who summed it up - if you hang around with c*nts you might be mistaken for a tw@t.
Rene was good with the aphorisms, especially when he had imbibed a few fermented beverages

I drink therefore I dram
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm pink therefore I'm spam
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 10:03 am Indeed. I think it was Descartes who summed it up - if you hang around with c*nts you might be mistaken for a tw@t.
Rene, a missing member for 375 years. :lol:
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by whiteswan »

billysboots wrote: ↑Tue Apr 08, 2025 7:18 pm Sounds very pleasant. 😊
It is Billy.......we take our Basset Hound with us, he enjoys a fish as well :)
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Apr 08, 2025 5:28 pm Under three months till the 64s descend on sunny Suffolk. :-D
Hopefully no car troubles this time....I don't think Jill will put up with houndie on her knee again :lol:
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 10:37 am I'm pink therefore I'm spam
I stink, therefore I spray... deodorant
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7494
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Orange Box »

Silfenadil. Very good for re-enacting missing members. That’s what a friend says, anyway.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 4:45 pm Silfenadil. Very good for re-enacting missing members. That’s what a friend says, anyway.
Oh yeah your “friend” 😉
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 4:27 pm I stink, therefore I spray... deodorant
Someone told me everyone stinks in Finland cos they always munching on rollmops or something
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 11:09 am Rene, a missing member for 375 years. :lol:
Yes he didn't respond well to you banning him in your young impetuous days.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7494
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 5:03 pm Oh yeah your “friend” 😉
I bet my friend is bigger than your friend.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 7:27 pm I bet my friend is bigger than your friend.
Is your friend called Ego ?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 7:27 pm I bet my friend is bigger than your friend.
My friend has epoxy resin on him. Long story.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 7:26 pm Yes he didn't respond well to you banning him in your young impetuous days.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7494
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Missing Members.....

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Thu Apr 10, 2025 7:31 pm Is your friend called Ego ?
Close. Egomaniacal-Biggus-dickus. Dick, for short.
Post Reply