It's the same argument used to praise Bielsa . . .
Achieving more than should be expected with what he has.
I shall refer to you as Jay 2 from now on
And Weasel Kenneth 2,3,4,5 . . . . How many accounts is it now

It's the same argument used to praise Bielsa . . .


Nope. Dont agree.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:13 pm Why? If this season it didn't count he had the strongest roster by a mile why shouldn't it count next season when he has one of the weaker ones.. It's context no one seems to understand. winning stuff when your top dog by a distance v over acheiving with a much weaker whatever is context. Corberan has been very successful so far in his career even without the trophies..

I’m not interested in Bielsa.


If you were in a car race driving a 25 year old Ford bought for £1000 pounds and having spent £1000 on it whilst your opponents were driving.

How many promotions does the Ford have.Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:25 pm If you were in a car race driving a 25 year old Ford bought for £1000 pounds and having spent £1000 on it whilst your opponents were driving.
A £250,000 new Lamborghini
A £750,000 new Ferrari
And a £1million new Bugatti.
You finished 3rd of 4th beating the Lamborghini and the £1million Bugatti won then has the Bugatti driver done a better job than you?

Then by that logic Parker who has 3 promotions out of 3 as opposed to 3 out of 5 for Farke and has a higher overall Championship ppg is a better manager than Farke. . . .Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:23 pm I’m not interested in Bielsa.
My point is exactly how many promotions does Corberan have v Farke.
Its 3-0 isnt it.
Am I wrong?
If you construct an argument to say Corberan is better based on how much the squad is worth, problems etc then I point you towards some fairly crucial evidence. 3-0.
I think 3-0 wins.
Jaydog lack of research may come back to bite him![]()

0 because its opponents are far more expensive have far more resources at their disposal and are simply far faster because money has allowed them to be

I’m ok with the Parker logic.

How many managers can you apply that to in the modern game.

Is based on the fact he has made the most out of very little at 3 clubs.Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:33 pm I’m ok with the Parker logic.
It’s possible to construct a valid argument that Parker is better than Farke. No issues with that.
And also that they both are better equipped for the championship than the PL.
However the bleating Corberan argument is just nonsense to me.
Poor little Carlos with Zero promotions.
Your argument is based on giving the same tools to Corberan & he automatically succeeds.
Odd that no one has given him that chance.
I’m pretty sure any owner with wedge will be looking at Parker & Farke before Corberan

Clubs with more money are more likely to succeed than those without?

Overachievers who achieved nothing.Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:47 pm Clubs with more money are more likely to succeed than those without?
In basically every league a league position and wage budget will track very close together.
If you are a manager able to buck that trend you have done a very good job imo.
Bielsa did it with us for example 1st Premier League season.
Knutsen does it regularly in Norway.
I've said before I always value that sort of achievement over titles for those with the resources to do it.
Not to say managers with the most money don't deserve credit if they sustain success because as has been shown many times money doesn't guarantee anything long term.
But over a season money matters in basically every league.
Which is why I like managers who overachieve.
Always have (pre Farke yes) a lot of the managers I've praised have been that sort.

Winning titles and lifting trophies though is a special skill.Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 7:47 pm Clubs with more money are more likely to succeed than those without?
In basically every league a league position and wage budget will track very close together.
If you are a manager able to buck that trend you have done a very good job imo.
Bielsa did it with us for example 1st Premier League season.
Knutsen does it regularly in Norway.
I've said before I always value that sort of achievement over titles for those with the resources to do it.
Not to say managers with the most money don't deserve credit if they sustain success because as has been shown many times money doesn't guarantee anything long term.
But over a season money matters in basically every league.
Which is why I like managers who overachieve.
Always have (pre Farke yes) a lot of the managers I've praised have been that sort.

Yes absolutely money increases pressure because historically those with money are successful clubs.

All I'm doing is saying context is important when judging managers.Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 8:08 pm Winning titles and lifting trophies though is a special skill.
Man U for example if they lift the Europa League trophy will have won cups in each of the last 3 seasons despite being absolutely rubbish in the League during all of those seasons. It's that different mentality as a club, plus the managers they appoint that still sets them apart. If Tottenham win it will be because they have manager who has a track record of lifting trophies and knows how to get it done as without him the players haven't been able to win anything.
Arsenal on the other hand have spent fortunes but yet haven't come close to silverware because the manager can't get them over the line to become winners.
In the Championship it's similar Farke has the skillset to win the title and Parker doesn't. Coberan does brilliantly to get results, but not constantly enough to achieve promotion, or lift a trophy, so until he does we won't know if he has what to takes.

Probably a different discussion about why fans would rather celebrate finishing 4th than winning a major European trophy. Especially as both result in qualifying for the next seasons Champions League but only one of those outcomes lasts forever in your clubs history and is marked on their honours board.Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 8:23 pm All I'm doing is saying context is important when judging managers.
Trophy or not Tottenham fans will still consider Ange one of the worst managers they've had in modern history (they are having this discussion on their forum now).
Because they shouldn't be anywhere near relegation with the squad and budget they have.
A trophy won't change the fact Manure fans are discussing sacking Amorim whose got a worse Premier league record than Paul Jewell who was in charge of that awful Derby side.
Money or lack off brings expectations or considerations.

I'd imagine they will celebrate the trophy and be pleased?Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Sun May 18, 2025 8:32 pm Probably a different discussion about why fans would rather celebrate finishing 4th than winning a major European trophy. Especially as both result in qualifying for the next seasons Champions League but only one of those outcomes lasts forever in your clubs history and is marked on their honours board.

I like how you try to deflect attention from yourselves by suggesting I have multiple accounts!
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain