andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Sep 19, 2025 1:21 pm
A few have said they'd settle for a George Graham season. Although George Graham did start out with an established premier league squad.
Just to survive this year is all I ask. And hopefully build from there. Trouble is that FFP is going to be a handicap for 2 or 3 years.
Look on the bright side, though. If we do survive, the players we have will be PL experienced. Too bright?
At a big barbecue competition known as Praise the Lard in Murphysboro, Illinois all day today so I won’t get to see the game. Counting on y’all to keep me informed.
It’s a Southern American barbecue event, so I had to say “y’all.” A legal requirement.
Whilst it certainly won’t come from me, there will be knives out for Farke from sections of the support if we lose today - some see it as a fairly easy game, but I’m not taking much from wolves early season form, they are still a good side. I’d hazard a draw but it has to be 0-0 as can’t see us scoring.
WhiteRose wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 12:12 pm
Whilst it certainly won’t come from me, there will be knives out for Farke from sections of the support if we lose today - some see it as a fairly easy game, but I’m not taking much from wolves early season form, they are still a good side. I’d hazard a draw but it has to be 0-0 as can’t see us scoring.
Shouldn't be a 'must win' at this stage of the season but I feel like fans are going to be melting down if we don't.
Cos if we can't score and win against teams that are at a low ebb, after four straight losses, then I just don't see who we are gonna score and win against.
This is a major opportunity to boot one of our cellar dweller competitors when they're down. So, we must take advantage of these chances
A win will boost the player's confidence,but the opposite is true if we lose, and that would be three lost out of five.
John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 11:01 am
At a big barbecue competition known as Praise the Lard in Murphysboro, Illinois all day today so I won’t get to see the game. Counting on y’all to keep me informed.
It’s a Southern American barbecue event, so I had to say “y’all.” A legal requirement.
Have fun John.
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 12:30 pm
A must win match imo.
Cos if we can't score and win against teams that are at a low ebb, after four straight losses, then I just don't see who we are gonna score and win against.
This is a major opportunity to boot one of our cellar dweller competitors when they're down. So, we must take advantage of these chances
A win will boost the player's confidence,but the opposite is true if we lose, and that would be three lost out of five.
Yeah, confidence needs a boost from somewhere.
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 11:01 am
At a big barbecue competition known as Praise the Lard in Murphysboro, Illinois all day today so I won’t get to see the game. Counting on y’all to keep me informed.
It’s a Southern American barbecue event, so I had to say “y’all.” A legal requirement.
Praise the Lard. Love it, you can’t say you haven’t been warned. Out of interest, how do you take your sausage?
John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 11:01 am
At a big barbecue competition known as Praise the Lard in Murphysboro, Illinois all day today so I won’t get to see the game. Counting on y’all to keep me informed.
It’s a Southern American barbecue event, so I had to say “y’all.” A legal requirement.
A few photos would be good John.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 12:59 pm
Praise the Lard. Love it, you can’t say you haven’t been warned. Out of interest, how do you take your sausage?
Depends on the sausage. Love a good Cajun pork and garlic sausage in my red beans and rice. Also discovered a fabulous chicken and shrimp sausage in Louisiana that is perfect grilled over charcoal.
Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Sep 20, 2025 12:59 pm
Praise the Lard. Love it, you can’t say you haven’t been warned. Out of interest, how do you take your sausage?
Naughty
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"