Comedians You've Seen???
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- rich_leeds64
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4016
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
- Twitter: @richleeds64
- Location: Leeds LS27
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Seen lots over the years, favourites are
Bernard Manning
Peter Kaye before his long break.
Milton jones
Lee Evans
Harry Hill
Ken Dodd
Sarah Millican
Rhod Gilbert
Sean Lock
Bernard Manning
Peter Kaye before his long break.
Milton jones
Lee Evans
Harry Hill
Ken Dodd
Sarah Millican
Rhod Gilbert
Sean Lock
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79123
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
I’ve seen Charlie Williams live, in the early seventies
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7508
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
I once clattered into Mike Harding by opening a door in his face at Barnsley Civic, got a mention in the second half act.
-
DDB220
- Superstar

- Posts: 7084
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Too many to quote.
I went to the latest Peter Kay tour at the 02 - It was pretty sad, dated same formula gags, staged crowd participation and punters leaving in their droves throughout the show.
Mickey Flanagan was excellent up until about 5 years ago.
Gervais very good.
I have seen all the old favourites, including the Big Yin in the 80’s in Hong Kong. He was a huge flop.
I went to the latest Peter Kay tour at the 02 - It was pretty sad, dated same formula gags, staged crowd participation and punters leaving in their droves throughout the show.
Mickey Flanagan was excellent up until about 5 years ago.
Gervais very good.
I have seen all the old favourites, including the Big Yin in the 80’s in Hong Kong. He was a huge flop.
- Volvo Jack
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 372
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:03 pm
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Chubby Brown, Highest paid Comedian apart from Peter Kaye, and such filthy language that his so called jokes are not funny.Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 25, 2025 8:20 pm For a bit of fun, there are so many good comedians past and present that go on tour and entertain.
Your favourites please that you have seen?????
Here is mine.
1. Ken Dodd
2. Dara O Brien
3. Lee Evans.
Went to see Chubby Brown and he was terrible.
Would rate Ken Dodd as my first but am out of touch with modern comedians.
Did see Lee Evans in Bristol but was not impressed with his running around and sweating
On line "The Comedians" has about 8 or so Comics in turn or you can have one of them
solo. One is Bernard Manning, a bit racist even back then . well worth a look
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7508
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
That is sad, he was a very funny guy but I somehow expected him not to move forward, from what you say, and I’ve heard similar, that’s the case.DDB220 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 26, 2025 7:12 pm Too many to quote.
I went to the latest Peter Kay tour at the 02 - It was pretty sad, dated same formula gags, staged crowd participation and punters leaning in their droves throughout the show.
Mickey Flanagan was excellent up until about 5 years ago.
Gervais very good.
I have seen all the old favourites, including the Big Yin in the 80’s in Hong Kong. He was a huge flop.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79123
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Stand ups are like bands, they do their best work early... then rinse and repeat...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Ardal O Hanlan
Tommy Tiernan
Chubby Brown
Rowan Atkinson
Kevin Bridges
Pat Short
Frankie Boyle
Adrian Edmondson,Rick Mayall & Ben Elton same show.
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rodney Rude
Tommy Tiernan
Chubby Brown
Rowan Atkinson
Kevin Bridges
Pat Short
Frankie Boyle
Adrian Edmondson,Rick Mayall & Ben Elton same show.
Kevin Bloody Wilson
Rodney Rude
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9757
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Going to see Jimeoin as part of the 60th birthday weekend this week. Funny bloke.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21209
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Stewart Lee in October in Chester
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79123
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Very ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9757
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Jimeoin last night in the Millennium Forum in Londonderry /, brilliant show.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- John in Louisiana
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 13931
- Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
- Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
My favorite story about George Carlin..........
I was speaking to him once (during the Bush/Quayle administration in 1991) backstage at Bally's Casino in Las Vegas and he said he didn't like performing in Las Vegas because the audiences were too conservative and he couldn't say the things he really wanted to. I said I would have thought Vegas audiences would be fairly liberal. George said they were quite the opposite and that if I were to come to the show that night he'd prove it.
I was standing in the wings that evening when George came on and as soon as the applause died down, without saying good evening, he said, "Am I the only one who finds it more than a coincidence that George Bush had an operation on his a**hole and Dan Quayle had an operation on his middle finger in the same week?"
Grumbling from the crowd.
"And why is it," said George, "that the people who are most dead set against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f*** in the first place?"
Boos from the crowd.
George looked over at me and gave a shrug of his shoulders to say "see what I mean?" He then went on with his tamer stuff, which the audience loved.
I was speaking to him once (during the Bush/Quayle administration in 1991) backstage at Bally's Casino in Las Vegas and he said he didn't like performing in Las Vegas because the audiences were too conservative and he couldn't say the things he really wanted to. I said I would have thought Vegas audiences would be fairly liberal. George said they were quite the opposite and that if I were to come to the show that night he'd prove it.
I was standing in the wings that evening when George came on and as soon as the applause died down, without saying good evening, he said, "Am I the only one who finds it more than a coincidence that George Bush had an operation on his a**hole and Dan Quayle had an operation on his middle finger in the same week?"
Grumbling from the crowd.
"And why is it," said George, "that the people who are most dead set against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f*** in the first place?"
Boos from the crowd.
George looked over at me and gave a shrug of his shoulders to say "see what I mean?" He then went on with his tamer stuff, which the audience loved.
- Tyzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4218
- Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
- Location: Leeds
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
I've never seen a comedian or had an inclination to,mind you I don't have much of a sense of humour.
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6717
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Mike Harding, there is a name from the past, he was famous for a song he did may years ago, I could look it up but thats the esy way, Any ideas? Was it Rock'n'Roll Nun? Or maybe this was lesser song.... Its going to bug me now trying to think of it!Orange Box wrote: ↑Fri Sep 26, 2025 4:49 pm I once clattered into Mike Harding by opening a door in his face at Barnsley Civic, got a mention in the second half act.
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14659
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
It's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7508
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
I think you’d better look it up, M. He did so many albums, I had em all in the day but can’t recall yours. Funny guy, I used to listen to him on earphones when I cycled. Kids in the back of the car loved him, with all the cheeky swearing. Think I’ll dip back in again.Musicman1965 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 05, 2025 10:06 pm Mike Harding, there is a name from the past, he was famous for a song he did may years ago, I could look it up but thats the esy way, Any ideas? Was it Rock'n'Roll Nun? Or maybe this was lesser song.... Its going to bug me now trying to think of it!
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Very funny guy OB.Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Oct 06, 2025 7:50 am I think you’d better look it up, M. He did so many albums, I had em all in the day but can’t recall yours. Funny guy, I used to listen to him on earphones when I cycled. Kids in the back of the car loved him, with all the cheeky swearing. Think I’ll dip back in again.
In my first year at college we had a guy who owned a VCR rental shop and he used to bring in some films every Sunday night for the students to watch, in exchange for a night's free booze.
He would leave the VCR with us and pick it up on Monday. He left us a recording of Mike's series that were shown on the BBC. Me and a few pals sat up half the night watching them. Man, I have never laughed so much. I was literally crying with laughter and my ribs were sore as hell
Comedians I've seen:
Ben Elton
Phil Cool
Freddie Starr
Mike Elliott
The Grumbleweeds
Probably a few others, but I just can't remember them. Phil Cool was really different and impressive.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21209
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Comedians You've Seen???
Stewart Lee in Chester tonight. He really hates comedians.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.