Horse Racing News

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »





User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Jun 20, 2025 2:36 pm 😁
Certainly not much settling to be done…
We missed out on a festival this weekend at the three-day Cheltenham meeting.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Nov 16, 2025 11:23 am We missed out on a festival this weekend at the three-day Cheltenham meeting.
Bit low level do you think.
Maybe not much interest.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sun Nov 16, 2025 11:28 am Bit low level do you think.
Maybe not much interest.
Maybe, Jay,
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Barlow Boy »

Constitution Hill needs retiring before he kills himself.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Nov 29, 2025 6:35 pm Constitution Hill needs retiring before he kills himself.
Totally agree. :tup:

What is Nicky Henderson thinking?
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Nov 29, 2025 7:10 pm Totally agree. :tup:

What is Nicky Henderson thinking?
As Ruby Walsh said you cant put your arm around his shoulder and say everything will be ok.
Confidence 100% gone.
Training racehorses is difficult. They can be incredibly fragile mentally & physically.
Fair play to the winner though btw.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Jaydog »

Interesting that Nicky Henderson mentioned a flat race for CH.
He can run in a maiden so could win easily to boost confidence however if he was mine I’d be very tempted by a novice chase. Run at a much slower pace than top hurdle races. If he schooled well then I’d go for it.
The reverse happened to Big Bucks. Kept falling as a chaser but top draw as a hurdler.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Nov 29, 2025 8:14 pm Interesting that Nicky Henderson mentioned a flat race for CH.
He can run in a maiden so could win easily to boost confidence however if he was mine I’d be very tempted by a novice chase. Run at a much slower pace than top hurdle races. If he schooled well then I’d go for it.
The reverse happened to Big Bucks. Kept falling as a chaser but top draw as a hurdler.
You know more about it than me JD, but I see a fantastic horse, that owes them nothing, heading towards a fatal fall sooner or later.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Nov 29, 2025 8:21 pm You know more about it than me JD, but I see a fantastic horse, that owes them nothing, heading towards a fatal fall sooner or later.
I agree. Retire him.
Its weird though. Jan 2025 he absolutely hacked up at the Cheltenham trials day. Was odds on for his 2nd Champion Hurdle. Unbeaten in 10 starts. Unbeaten at the Festival. A fantastically slick/fast jumper.
Since then his form is FF5F.
Bizarre.
I have to add Nicky Henderson an absolute legend who loves that horse. One of the greatest NH trainers ever.
Last edited by Jaydog on Sat Nov 29, 2025 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Nov 29, 2025 7:50 pm As Ruby Walsh said you cant put your arm around his shoulder and say everything will be ok.
Confidence 100% gone.
Training racehorses is difficult. They can be incredibly fragile mentally & physically.
Fair play to the winner though btw.
I almost included Golden Ace in my Saturday bets.

He seems to be a lucky horse!
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Barlow Boy »

Hawk Wing, one of Aidan O'Brien's best-ever horses, dies aged 26 due to colic
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

RIP Hawk.


Anderson
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 am

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Anderson »

Jaydog mentioned the form figures for Constitution Hill,FFSF.Reminds me of a tale.Paddy backs a 33to1 with figures of FFFP.Bookie says Jesus Paddy how did you pick that winner,its form figures were fallen fallen fallen and pulled up.Paddy replies oh l thought they stood for first first first and effing pissed it.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Surely destined for a big prize at the Cheltenham Festival.



User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21209
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Jaydog »

What a brilliant race the KG was. 3 in a row at the finish with Hazza Redknapps The Jukebox Man getting back up by a nose from Banbridge & Gaelic Warrior.
Well done Harry 👍🏼
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Dec 26, 2025 8:22 pm What a brilliant race the KG was. 3 in a row at the finish with Hazza Redknapps The Jukebox Man getting back up by a nose from Banbridge & Gaelic Warrior.
Well done Harry 👍🏼
I thought The Jukebox Man was beat on the run-in, then fought back to get his head In front on the line.

Great finish.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11796
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sad news….

[media] [/media]
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Horse Racing News

Post by 1964white »

Seems like he had a nice retirement, bless him!

I tipped Langer Dan when he won the Coral Cup, the days when I used to pick winners. :lol:
Post Reply