The Holiday thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

🇭🇺 Budapest 🇭🇺

Really interesting city 👍

IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg
IMG_1100.jpeg
IMG_1054.jpeg
IMG_1057.jpeg
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Nov 20, 2025 5:07 pm My wife and I went to Budapest last October for her 60th ,great place to visit,T shirt weather too.
Exactly the reason we’re here, Tyzy.

Mrs MtC’s 60th today

First two days were nice, but wet after midday today. Going home tomorrow.

But yes, a really interesting place to visit.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Nov 20, 2025 5:03 pm Whats the deal with the shoes Cat??
Got it. A memorial for Jews shot in World War 2
Yes, a simple but moving memorial
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

Screenshot_20251217_083922_Gallery.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot_20251217_083913_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251217_083812_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251217_083731_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251217_083718_Gallery.jpg
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

Screenshot_20251217_083533_Gallery.jpg
Our home for the 7 night cruise 8-)
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

Screenshot_20251219_082055_Gallery.jpg
Roatan island, Honduras 8-)
Attachments
Screenshot_20251219_082012_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251219_081937_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251219_081821_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251219_081758_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20251219_081733_Gallery.jpg
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

20251218_102508.jpg
20251217_064531.jpg
Screenshot (23).png
Screenshot (24).png
Screenshot (22).png
Few more pics from our cruise 8-)
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Looks stunning G & W, enjoy the rest of your holiday.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

I’m afraid I can’t claim this trip, although South America - (🇨🇱 and 🇵🇪) is definitely on my to do list.
However, in this case beaten to it by my younger daughter, who, with 4 friends, is currently in Cusco, Peru. This weekend they’ve taken a trip across the Andes to the Sacred Valley and the salt mines.
She sent these photos today - it looks absolutely amazing 😻 …….I am jealous!
697EE08F-700A-4EE2-B27B-365F5CFD0059.jpeg
52D45B81-3B0F-4CD8-BA3B-D9FD18EE7064.jpeg
e88041ad-77a0-4fbb-b421-d728b1d79a4d.jpeg
1552F4F2-87FA-44DC-AFDF-2D35A3F8FD8F.jpeg
25AE3485-F566-4C5E-9F5B-DD24C36A6C1F.jpeg
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Looks brilliant Cat, lucky girls.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Booked a week in Cyprus in April and the Iranians have just launched 2 missiles at it. The missus is a bit wary of going now, I’ll miss her.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 7:52 pm Looks brilliant Cat, lucky girls.
When I was her age, Cussie……….it was a fortnight in Lloret de Mar 🙄 (and the Bank of Dad didn’t stump up the 💷 either)

How times change eh 😄
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Already planning my trip to Leeds/Yorkshire for March of 2027.

On my one trip there a few years ago I saw the Armory Museum, York Minster Cathedral, walked atop the city walls in York, had afternoon tea at Betty's in Harrogate, and spent a couple of days in and around Pately Bridge and walking in the Dales. I also made a pilgrimage to the Refectory to see the "Live at Leeds" plaque.

Depending on how the football schedule works out, I will be spending at least one day at Elland Road, but I'm looking for ideas. What's the best of Yorkshire? Pubs? Scenery?
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Orange Box »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 8:26 pm Already planning my trip to Leeds/Yorkshire for March of 2027.

On my one trip there a few years ago I saw the Armory Museum, York Minster Cathedral, walked atop the city walls in York, had afternoon tea at Betty's in Harrogate, and spent a couple of days in and around Pately Bridge and walking in the Dales. I also made a pilgrimage to the Refectory to see the "Live at Leeds" plaque.

Depending on how the football schedule works out, I will be spending at least one day at Elland Road, but I'm looking for ideas. What's the best of Yorkshire? Pubs? Scenery?
I can guide you round a few pubs in Leeds John. The question is - would you want to?
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 9:29 pm I can guide you round a few pubs in Leeds John. The question is - would you want to?
Don’t do it John, no, no, no, no.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 9:29 pm I can guide you round a few pubs in Leeds John. The question is - would you want to?
Why would I not? Is there something I should know?
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Thu Nov 20, 2025 5:16 pm Yes, a simple but moving memorial
Seen that before Cat. The banks of The Danube.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by Orange Box »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Mon Mar 02, 2026 12:15 am Why would I not? Is there something I should know?
Apparently I have a reputation. It’s totally unfounded obviously. I’m a nice guy, ask anybody - apart from Cussie that is, he’s just soft.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Mon Mar 02, 2026 9:14 am Apparently I have a reputation. It’s totally unfounded obviously. I’m a nice guy, ask anybody - apart from Cussie that is, he’s just soft.
I will happily buy a pint for any of my MOT friends.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: The Holiday thread

Post by GreennWhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 7:55 pm Booked a week in Cyprus in April and the Iranians have just launched 2 missiles at it. The missus is a bit wary of going now, I’ll miss her.
If she reads what you wrote your in big trouble. Imagine going on holiday with no bo**icks :)
Post Reply