Cricket 2026
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
This is shameful, the way we surrender every Ashes series, no fight at all from England.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
The Aussies will declare, but I seriously think that they could bat out the day if they wanted to, this is fkn painful to watch.
How embarrassing!
How embarrassing!
- Lorimer46
- First Team

- Posts: 1725
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
- Twitter: @dsc67
- Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders
Re: Cricket 2025
I thought they where waiting to see if Starc got to his centuary before declaring , I honestly can't see England posting 300 + too at least make the Aussie's second innings a wee bit interestingWhite Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 06, 2025 7:29 am The Aussies will declare, but I seriously think that they could bat out the day if they wanted to, this is fkn painful to watch.
How embarrassing!
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Gang aft agley "
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
I think it's gonna be England's current s**t approach to test cricket, they will come out and try to lash boundaries and it will all be over either today or tomorrow morning.
We are making a mockery of what should be one of the best sporting contests.
I'll guess that we will wilt completely and be out for around 180.
Innings defeat incoming.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
Maybe the idea is? "Let's get walloped in two days and then we have more time to get pissed and go and sit on the beach with the Aussies and have a barbie while they piss themselves laughing at us".
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155299
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Cricket 2025
I wake up to see the Aussies bashing England again.
The scorecard says it all, every Australian batsman scoring double figures, which included five half centuries.
England's erratic scorecard was a mess!
The scorecard says it all, every Australian batsman scoring double figures, which included five half centuries.
England's erratic scorecard was a mess!
- Lorimer46
- First Team

- Posts: 1725
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
- Twitter: @dsc67
- Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders
Re: Cricket 2025
Can England survive until tea without losing a wicket ?
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Gang aft agley "
- PhoenixUnited
- First Team

- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
- Location: Leicester U.K
Re: Cricket 2025
I really despair of the presentation and "commentary" on TNT and took to watching the Test with the sound on mute. Then I learnt that an Australian offering on channel 7 was much more like what the broadcast should be so went digging to see if I could find that.
Lo and behold - I did! Excellent
Anyone interested can PM me.
Lo and behold - I did! Excellent
Anyone interested can PM me.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
3 bunnies back in the hutch.
Pope and Crawley again out trying to drive outside off stump and both caught and bowled.
Brook almost out first ball.
Could be all over today.
How s**t are we
Pope and Crawley again out trying to drive outside off stump and both caught and bowled.
Brook almost out first ball.
Could be all over today.
How s**t are we
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
4 down, I wonder if we'll make the Aussies bat again?
Their bowlers will be fresh as daisies.
They are feeding for free.
Pathetic effort from us.
These Bazball clowns need dropped off in the Australian outback and fkn left there.
Their bowlers will be fresh as daisies.
They are feeding for free.
Pathetic effort from us.
These Bazball clowns need dropped off in the Australian outback and fkn left there.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
Brook on his way too
They could have rolled all 5 tests into one ten day match
They could have rolled all 5 tests into one ten day match
- ShaunL
- First Team

- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
- Location: Fremantle
Re: Cricket 2025
Feeling really good now BB !
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11781
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Cricket 2025
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155299
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Cricket 2025
We have the England football to come next summer.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Cricket 2025
Maybe these clowns should take up football Leon?
Cos they can't play cricket
What a waste of time getting up early to discover the next s**t they will serve up.
Players like Boycott, Atherton, Gooch and Cook have had a single innings last longer than we've managed 3 team efforts.
This is incredibly crass.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155299
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Cricket 2025
They are feeble, James.White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 06, 2025 1:04 pm Maybe these clowns should take up football Leon?
Cos they can't play cricket![]()
What a waste of time getting up early to discover the next s**t they will serve up.
Players like Boycott, Atherton, Gooch and Cook have had a single innings last longer than we've managed 3 team efforts.
This is incredibly crass.
I certainly wouldn't lose any of my sleep, watching the England cricket or football teams
- PhoenixUnited
- First Team

- Posts: 2293
- Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:34 pm
- Location: Leicester U.K
Re: Cricket 2025
The England team has got into this mindset of blasting away when batting - Bazball if you will - and hang the consequences or the circumstances. There are the odd times that it comes off and the players look like Worldbeaters and there is over the top celebration with some fans thinking that the team is going to win everything going and all that at a canter. Any losses are swuftly forgotten because tomorrow they will blow a team out of the water...... Someone, somewhere needs to smell the coffee!
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
- wilsdenwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 1478
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am
Re: Cricket 2025
Just a dreadful watch and we went in to the series thinking it was our best chance down under for years. I mean it is/was but we have applied ourselves all wrong as usual. My biggest fear was how much damage the Aussie pace attack could do and they have done it. Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood are usually too hot to handle at home on any given day and we haven't even faced 2 of them yet. Scary proposition going forward now because we won't be blasting ourselves out of this one. They'll be showing no mercy in what will likely be their last home ashes series and I'll be surprised if it ends up anything other than 5-0 now.
On the plus side, that should be that for the Stokes/McCullum era. Key should go too. I don't know what the answer is going forward as there are so many factors from the preparation, selection, application right through to the undervalued 4-day domestic game that we are getting wrong. I'd probably start by giving the captaincy back to Joe Root for the time being. I said from the start that while this method of cricket would likely see success and see us go unbeaten at home, we'd never come away from India or Australia with series wins and while I'd hope they'd prove me wrong, they haven't. We haven't even beaten them at home! Time for change.
On the plus side, that should be that for the Stokes/McCullum era. Key should go too. I don't know what the answer is going forward as there are so many factors from the preparation, selection, application right through to the undervalued 4-day domestic game that we are getting wrong. I'd probably start by giving the captaincy back to Joe Root for the time being. I said from the start that while this method of cricket would likely see success and see us go unbeaten at home, we'd never come away from India or Australia with series wins and while I'd hope they'd prove me wrong, they haven't. We haven't even beaten them at home! Time for change.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20755
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Cricket 2025
Great post and I agree with everything you say. Time for change.wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sat Dec 06, 2025 1:36 pm Just a dreadful watch and we went in to the series thinking it was our best chance down under for years. I mean it is/was but we have applied ourselves all wrong as usual. My biggest fear was how much damage the Aussie pace attack could do and they have done it. Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood are usually too hot to handle at home on any given day and we haven't even faced 2 of them yet. Scary proposition going forward now because we won't be blasting ourselves out of this one. They'll be showing no mercy in what will likely be their last home ashes series and I'll be surprised if it ends up anything other than 5-0 now.
On the plus side, that should be that for the Stokes/McCullum era. Key should go too. I don't know what the answer is going forward as there are so many factors from the preparation, selection, application right through to the undervalued 4-day domestic game that we are getting wrong. I'd probably start by giving the captaincy back to Joe Root for the time being. I said from the start that while this method of cricket would likely see success and see us go unbeaten at home, we'd never come away from India or Australia with series wins and while I'd hope they'd prove me wrong, they haven't. We haven't even beaten them at home! Time for change.
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20755
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Cricket 2025
On the plus side they have managed to limp to day 4 this timeWhite Riot wrote: ↑Sat Dec 06, 2025 10:20 am 3 bunnies back in the hutch.
Pope and Crawley again out trying to drive outside off stump and both caught and bowled.
Brook almost out first ball.
Could be all over today.
How s**t are we![]()