Jammy 07 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 25, 2025 7:08 pm
That's very interesting.
Have never been so perhaps you could try to describe what was so special about F1 live and at the track please ? Think in the future I might try and do somewhere like Singapore but then again it's so bloody expensive and especially so on a race weekend.
Blimey, where do I start.
We went to Monza, we’d read a lot about how the whole place goes mental when the F1 is there for the weekend. They weren’t wrong, it was absolutely crackers. Everywhere you looked, it was F1 themed (even the Pizzas).
We went to the Ferrari shop and they had Schumachers old car there, and you could actually sit in it. I’m getting emotional now typing these words, honestly, what an experience.
Then there’s the actual weekend at Monza. We didn’t go to the practice sessions (even though it was included in the package) but we went to qualifying.
As for race day itself, Mental. Helicopters flying in celebrities, the stalls selling merchandise, the list goes on and on.
We were at Parabolica, so we got some good views of the drivers parade, the cars going round and the smell. That smell is sensational.
I cannot recommend it highly enough. My wife is disabled now, so it’s not something we would do again, but christ what a weekend that was.