We're going off on one of our impromtu road adventures to Tenby for a couple of days.
Should be on the road within an hour or so.
No football for me this weekend.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Rook wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2026 1:06 pm
We're going off on one of our impromtu road adventures to Tenby for a couple of days.
Should be on the road within an hour or so.
No football for me this weekend.
Overman wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2026 2:14 pm
I live just outside Cairo not far from an air base. I'm spending time today on the balcony just watching jets fly by.
Overman wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2026 2:14 pm
I live just outside Cairo not far from an air base. I'm spending time today on the balcony just watching jets fly by.
I spent 12 years in Saudi Arabia and was there when Sadam Hussein invaded Kuwait. The hospital I worked in was near to Riyadh air force base and the Americans came over to the air base with their fighter planes the Jaguars and the British with their Tornados. We would watch the Sortees go out to fly over Iraq, counting the planes out and counting them back in. The scariest bit was when Sadam hit Riyadh with his scud missiles. The patriot missiles managed to take out most of them before they could do any damage but it sure was frightening seeing these scuds flying overhead.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Mar 06, 2026 5:24 pm
I spent 12 years in Saudi Arabia and was there when Sadam Hussein invaded Kuwait. The hospital I worked in was near to Riyadh air force base and the Americans came over to the air base with their fighter planes the Jaguars and the British with their Tornados. We would watch the Sortees go out to fly over Iraq, counting the planes out and counting them back in. The scariest bit was when Sadam hit Riyadh with his scud missiles. The patriot missiles managed to take out most of them before they could do any damage but it sure was frightening seeing these scuds flying overhead.
Stay safe Overman
Thank you Whiteswan.
That's quite an experience for you to have lived through for sure. In terms of Egypt, it's relatively 'stable' as the government are trying to remain neutral. However, with these regional conflicts escalating choice goes out of the window! I do know the Israeli's have shut off the gas supply to Egypt for now. My main worry for the people here is the economic situation, the forecast is pretty dire. When I first visited Egypt (around 95) it was 5 Egyptian Pounds for one Sterling, now it's at 66!