What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Fri Apr 03, 2026 12:11 am Off to the races today at Ascot , Good Friday races are a free event.
Everything used to closed Good Friday but slowly all establishments are opening.
The law on this day previously was you had to buy a meal to get a drink in a pub.
Now that law has gone too. Hopefully I can back a winner or 6 !
Good luck.
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3350
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by GreennWhite »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 02, 2026 7:34 pm No mentioned you need a rest for fear of burn out ?
The backroom team looked at all 64`s stats and said he is ok to carry on. You have to go by the stats these days :lol:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14623
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

Back to work after the Easter break...
Waiting for my new LP's to arrive to play on my new record player that Mrs H got me for my birthday last week...

When I say "new Lp's" I mean Space Oddity and Hunky Dory.... :mrgreen:

Got to wait for a couple of days for the wind to die down so I can play with my new drone that she got me.....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Heading to Glasgow for the James/Doves gig.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

Toasted teacakes & coffee in Brid Spa looking out onto the choppy sea now 😃

Bowls match this afternoon.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2026 4:50 am Back to work after the Easter break...
Waiting for my new LP's to arrive to play on my new record player that Mrs H got me for my birthday last week...

When I say "new Lp's" I mean Space Oddity and Hunky Dory.... :mrgreen:

Got to wait for a couple of days for the wind to die down so I can play with my new drone that she got me.....
Me thinks you are a very spoilt heccy....!


:) :)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2026 4:50 am Back to work after the Easter break...
Waiting for my new LP's to arrive to play on my new record player that Mrs H got me for my birthday last week...

When I say "new Lp's" I mean Space Oddity and Hunky Dory.... :mrgreen:

Got to wait for a couple of days for the wind to die down so I can play with my new drone that she got me.....
Sorry to hear that Hector, something you ate?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Gonna hit RHS Wisley again this afternoon, apparently they plated 100,000 tulip bulbs in November and, apparently, they're now in flower. As it's free for me and only 5 miles away it's a no brainer

Native bluebells should be out now though I'd do better going to Winkworth arboretum for those
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2026 4:50 am Back to work after the Easter break...
Waiting for my new LP's to arrive to play on my new record player that Mrs H got me for my birthday last week...

When I say "new Lp's" I mean Space Oddity and Hunky Dory.... :mrgreen:

Got to wait for a couple of days for the wind to die down so I can play with my new drone that she got me.....
Your birthday. :oops:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14623
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

Screenshot 2026-04-03 182654.jpg
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by wilsdenwhite »

hector wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2026 4:50 am Back to work after the Easter break...
Waiting for my new LP's to arrive to play on my new record player that Mrs H got me for my birthday last week...

When I say "new Lp's" I mean Space Oddity and Hunky Dory.... :mrgreen:

Got to wait for a couple of days for the wind to die down so I can play with my new drone that she got me.....
I've been ummin and ahin over getting a drone Hector. One of those DJI mini things. I was reading up on a few of the new rules n regs and was a bit miffed on one about you now having to have a 'spotter' with you if that's correct? Be interested to hear of your experience with yours.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14623
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Tue Apr 07, 2026 5:45 pm I've been ummin and ahin over getting a drone Hector. One of those DJI mini things. I was reading up on a few of the new rules n regs and was a bit miffed on one about you now having to have a 'spotter' with you if that's correct? Be interested to hear of your experience with yours.
I did the online test and now have my pilots licence :mrgreen: I believe you can do another course to be able to fly in first person view (through the camera) but you are correct... You need a spotter to start with.. Mine is only a mini too, will get it out on thursday when I have a day off, and will terrorise the game keeper for a short while (until he gets the shotgun out anyhoo). I will report back
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by ShaunL »

This morning I’m off to Shackleton for a lawn bowls tournament . It’s about 200 kilometres east of Perth.
We play 3 games Saturday and Sunday and come back Monday morning.
This is the first lawn bowls tournament I’ve played in looking forward to it .
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Thu Apr 09, 2026 11:47 pm This morning I’m off to Shackleton for a lawn bowls tournament . It’s about 200 kilometres east of Perth.
We play 3 games Saturday and Sunday and come back Monday morning.
This is the first lawn bowls tournament I’ve played in looking forward to it .
Good luck Shaun.

We open our green on Sunday.

League matches begin in May.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18294
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Enjoying a lunch time 🍺
IMG_3368.jpeg
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by ShaunL »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 3:55 pm Good luck Shaun.

We open our green on Sunday.

League matches begin in May.
Thanks mate had a brilliant weekend we came 4th out of 22 teams.
And that gave us a $500 prize between 4 of us.
Had no internet all weekend which wasn’t a bad thing at all.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Mon Apr 13, 2026 4:29 am Thanks mate had a brilliant weekend we came 4th out of 22 teams.
And that gave us a $500 prize between 4 of us.
Had no internet all weekend which wasn’t a bad thing at all.
Winning money prizes too!

Well done, Shaun, :tup:
User avatar
Volvo Jack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2024 3:03 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Volvo Jack »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 11, 2026 2:32 pm I have taken this week off simply because I have so much accumulated leave I was forced to by my firm. The Mrs as expected created a list of jobs. I have been painting for 3 days. New fencing arrives tomorrow for me to put in. Old concrete posts have to come out - so that will be me flirting with A&E. Too old for this s**t and too Northern to pay someone to do something I can do myself…….hopefully.

My Mrs wonders why I don’t seem to take much time off unless we are going away. What I would give for a week of doing f**k all, actually just a day would be nice.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad story but do what I do "Drop Things, anything than like screwdrivers, electrical things (just bought from Screwfix), drop something a second time adding a whimper of pain. The "Feeling a bit dizzy Love" does not always work but does not do any harm either

This painting for "3 days. plus that horrid thing about Fencing Concrete Post etc."
With all due respect is your Missus Japanese ?. Sounds like "Bridge on the River Kwai in
your Drum."
P.s. As a last resort "Burn the House down and go back to your Mam."
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by ShaunL »

Off to Penang for 10 days.
Great spot and excellent for food.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14623
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

ShaunL wrote: ↑Sat Apr 18, 2026 9:35 pm Off to Penang for 10 days.
Great spot and excellent for food.
We were on holiday there in 1969..... My dad drove us down there from Singapore... The car broke down whilst we were there... We got a taxi back to Changi as it was cheaper than getting the car fixed......
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply