US Masters 2026 Golf Comp

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by The Subhuman »

Arberg goes from 3 under to level in the space of two holes and he ain't hit Amen corner yet
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Thu Apr 09, 2026 6:40 pm I have Young as well.
I almost went for Fleetwood instead, wish I had now.
Great back nine from Young.
Definitely not out of it with a 73
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by malcolmw »

An interesting first day indeed.

It is going to get way tougher. No rain in the forecast and, as Rory said, the greens were hard when he tee'd off at 7.30am. So by Sunday it will be like putting on the roof of a VW Beetle.

I will likely lose Bob MacIntyre. +8, crikey.
But I so hope Rory can repeat - which is why I didnt select him. Anyone I put in my pool is doomed to forget how to hold a club for the week.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Chilli D »

Only 16 players under par on day 1 and the course is supposed to get tougher over the next three days due to the warm weather and it being windy.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Rory 3 clear
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Chilli D »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 6:50 pm Rory 3 clear
He looks proper on it today
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 6:57 pm He looks proper on it today
Wonder what the odds are of him & Rose in another play off 🤔
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8790
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Chilli D »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 6:58 pm Wonder what the odds are of him & Rose in another play off 🤔
If that happened I would want Rose to win it as he's lost out in a play off twice.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14652
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by hector »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 7:00 pm If that happened I would want Rose to win it as he's lost out in a play off twice.
I wouldn't care whichof them.... I have nominated both ::mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by CUSSIE01 »

hector wrote: ↑Fri Apr 10, 2026 7:02 pm I wouldn't care whichof them.... I have nominated both ::mrgreen:
Good picking Hector 👏🏻👏🏻
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by The Subhuman »

Rory probably gets home now with a pair of 72's

-10 was the predicted winning score

Bit boring so fingers crossed he shoots 75 or something

Gotterup has done ok first masters.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_3151.jpeg
IMG_3151.jpeg (190.19 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 2:25 pm Rory probably gets home now with a pair of 72's

-10 was the predicted winning score

Bit boring so fingers crossed he shoots 75 or something

Gotterup has done ok first masters.
Not sure about -10 winning.
Some very high class chasers.
Depends what the powers that be at Augusta do with the course set up.
However if Rory shoots a 3rd round 69 or better then he should have an unassailable lead.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 3:32 pm Not sure about -10 winning.
Some very high class chasers.
Depends what the powers that be at Augusta do with the course set up.
However if Rory shoots a 3rd round 69 or better then he should have an unassailable lead.
I think there's gotta be bad luck and water involved for him to f**k this up Jay :)

Unless he has a dream that Greg Norman is Yoda, and becomes his new disciple :)

That was the number one meltdown I've witnessed, but Faldo's mental strength was incredible :love:

I loved Faldo in his heyday, and the Yanks feared him :)
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by White Riot »

I'd like a European to win it, or anyone except the Yanks 😂

Might be Jason Day's year, he's been close and unlucky in the past.

All depends on Rory though, it's his to lose now.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 4:01 pm I think there's gotta be bad luck and water involved for him to f**k this up Jay :)

Unless he has a dream that Greg Norman is Yoda, and becomes his new disciple :)

That was the number one meltdown I've witnessed, but Faldo's mental strength was incredible :love:

I loved Faldo in his heyday, and the Yanks feared him :)
Yeah I will never forget the brutality of Faldo dismembering Norman.
Was cruel. Pure theatre.
Don’t see Rory melting but there are some world class players with a free hit now.
Hopefully it is an exciting moving day.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 4:04 pm I'd like a European to win it, or anyone except the Yanks 😂

Might be Jason Day's year, he's been close and unlucky in the past.

All depends on Rory though, it's his to lose now.
Errr I have a potential chunk coming in from Reed or Young. A bit of folding 💰
Come on the yanks 😆
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 5:35 pm Yeah I will never forget the brutality of Faldo dismembering Norman.
Was cruel. Pure theatre.
Don’t see Rory melting but there are some world class players with a free hit now.
Hopefully it is an exciting moving day.
Yeah, hopefully it stays competitive.

It was painful watching Greg Norman disintegrate and I don't think he was ever the same after that experience.

As ruthless as Faldo was, I think he would feel sorrow for the mauling Greg Norman endured.

I remember Faldo's first open win at Muirfield, when he ground out a fantastic par round in atrocious conditions and stunningly held off the Zinger.

I think that was the first big indicator that Faldo was gonna be the top dog for a while, and he had lots of talented and determined competitors.

Great times for golf in those days, and highlighted by the lack of saturation sports coverage.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9747
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 5:59 pm Errr I have a potential chunk coming in from Reed or Young. A bit of folding 💰
Come on the yanks 😆
Cash out & stick it on Rory
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: US Masters 2026 Golf Comp (Starts 9th April) Enter Now

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 11, 2026 6:04 pm Cash out & stick it on Rory
No chance 😆
Cam Young is a beast.
Major winner sooner of later.
But I wont begrudge Rory back to back jackets.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
Post Reply