Too soon?
FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
You have a break to sort out your teams for the quarters. In by tomorrow at 9#
4 subs and don't forget your bonuses, tactics play a part here.. for example I've added the Morocco keeper (after losing the mexican one) as he's cheap and game 1, so if he keeps a very unlikely clean sheet I'm golden but if not I fall back on the keeper I wanted to start anyway
I've personally gone clean sheet shield this time, still might leave that to the semi finals. I also have the double captain boost left. I reckon some or most of you have 3 bonuses left
Good luck. Rents took the lead (whomever that is,) 64 is still in good position... Cowboy Dan just holding on. Think that looks like the three from where the winner comes, because the talent pool shrinks and most teams will have most of the same players
4 subs and don't forget your bonuses, tactics play a part here.. for example I've added the Morocco keeper (after losing the mexican one) as he's cheap and game 1, so if he keeps a very unlikely clean sheet I'm golden but if not I fall back on the keeper I wanted to start anyway
I've personally gone clean sheet shield this time, still might leave that to the semi finals. I also have the double captain boost left. I reckon some or most of you have 3 bonuses left
Good luck. Rents took the lead (whomever that is,) 64 is still in good position... Cowboy Dan just holding on. Think that looks like the three from where the winner comes, because the talent pool shrinks and most teams will have most of the same players
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Get your rosters and bonuses sorted by 9 pm for France Morocco
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
I've also gone for the clean sheet shield.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 08, 2026 12:10 pm You have a break to sort out your teams for the quarters. In by tomorrow at 9#
4 subs and don't forget your bonuses, tactics play a part here.. for example I've added the Morocco keeper (after losing the mexican one) as he's cheap and game 1, so if he keeps a very unlikely clean sheet I'm golden but if not I fall back on the keeper I wanted to start anyway
I've personally gone clean sheet shield this time, still might leave that to the semi finals. I also have the double captain boost left. I reckon some or most of you have 3 bonuses left
Good luck. Rents took the lead (whomever that is,) 64 is still in good position... Cowboy Dan just holding on. Think that looks like the three from where the winner comes, because the talent pool shrinks and most teams will have most of the same players
I've two Moroccans in my squad for the whole of the tournament. Gone for the Spanish keeper for goalkeeper change.
WHO IS RENTS? - Someone own up!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Saibari out tonight, gonna have to burn three points and make a 6th transfer
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Blimey! tight at the top.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
I have a decision to make, stick with Bounou's 6 points or gamble Martinez keeps a clean sheet and may make a few saves
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Decisions, decisions, decisions!The Subhuman wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2026 9:39 am I have a decision to make, stick with Bounou's 6 points or gamble Martinez keeps a clean sheet and may make a few saves
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22420
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
I've got at least 9 players through to the semi finals.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
How come has everyone got higher points for the three Spanish players, Simon, Laporte & Cucurella than me?
I only received five points between the three of them.
I only received five points between the three of them.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
My guess is you didn't apply the shield ... looks like you applied the wild card instead.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Oh heck, I shot myself in the foot.
The shields have been no benefit to me whatsoever!
The shields have been no benefit to me whatsoever!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
You get them next week (semi finals), might even be better then and you can use your captain for the final. Final week is unlimited subs it seems so you wouldn't need your wild card anyway. Wild card was best spent week two imo..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
I had to use my wild card last week.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 10:54 am You get them next week (semi finals), might even be better then and you can use your captain for the final. Final week is unlimited subs it seems so you wouldn't need your wild card anyway. Wild card was best spent week two imo..
Yes, I read we have unlimited subs final week, hopefully we won't have to make too many changes.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79200
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
It's showing you're using your wild card this week, last week you used your 12th man
Look at your team and it's the badge in the top left
When you play your shield doesn't make too much difference, you still have up to 5 defenders and mids also benefit
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9762
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
Thank the Lord I didn’t join this, think my brain would have had a meltdown by now.
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155450
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: FIFA World Cup 2026 Fantasy League
My twelfth man was a waste of space with that woolly haired Lamie Spanish footballer.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jul 11, 2026 11:12 am It's showing you're using your wild card this week, last week you used your 12th man
Look at your team and it's the badge in the top left
When you play your shield doesn't make too much difference, you still have up to 5 defenders and mids also benefit
Qualification booster earned me 20 points.
I still don't know why I lost points on my three Spanish defenders, as I didn't play the clean sheet shield.