Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41746
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 8:14 pm Espi would have to start over DCL I would think
He won't ever get that guarantee here.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13930
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by John in Louisiana »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 8:35 pm I'm with you on Brandt. And I actually think we are as low as 3rd choice. I think he wants European Football more than he wants the Premier League.
Reports are that Sociedad are making a bid for Brandt.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41746
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 8:35 pm I'm with you on Brandt. And I actually think we are as low as 3rd choice. I think he wants European Football more than he wants the Premier League.
I was hopeful but hope is fading.

Don't blame him he's hardly past it.

Probably feels he has a good few years of European level football in him (and he's probably right).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:09 pm I was hopeful but hope is fading.

Don't blame him he's hardly past it.

Probably feels he has a good few years of European level football in him (and he's probably right).
Good player I'd be happy to see arrive but if he wanted Leeds he'd have signed by now. Don't think he's even been to ER yet, just his dad. I have no interest in players who don't want to play for Leeds. Was he in the Germany squad?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4519
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:12 pm Good player I'd be happy to see arrive but if he wanted Leeds he'd have signed by now. Don't think he's even been to ER yet, just his dad. I have no interest in players who don't want to play for Leeds. Was he in the Germany squad?
He was not in the Germany squad for the recently completed World Cup. So he is clearly looking for better offers. Otherwise he’d have signed by now.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 7:24 pm £21m big? Not in todays money...
Thats just the release clause. He only signed for them in Feb.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:12 pm Good player I'd be happy to see arrive but if he wanted Leeds he'd have signed by now. Don't think he's even been to ER yet, just his dad. I have no interest in players who don't want to play for Leeds. Was he in the Germany squad?
Not necessarily. DCL was in the same situation last year and waited til the end of the window to sign.
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by whiteinfrance »

I say again. Sociedad not showing in the betting market for Brandt.

Seems strange if they have shown interest/made an offer

Leeds still odds on
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:11 pm He was not in the Germany squad for the recently completed World Cup. So he is clearly looking for better offers. Otherwise he’d have signed by now.
He has 3 offers - if we are to believe Ajax did actually make an offer. (Verbal or written) so why not just wait and see. Its already brought Sociodad to the table this week.

He holds the cards so can decide - the very definition of being a free agent.

If he does want to play Premier League football, this is his last chance.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:27 pm I say again. Sociedad not showing in the betting market for Brandt.

Seems strange if they have shown interest/made an offer

Leeds still odds on
From what I read they only made the approach today? :duno:
Its an obvious attempt to hijack a Leeds deal believing they can offer European football and we cant (yet).

Like I said earlier, I think we should up the ante in some way - depending what is all in our offer.
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:27 pm I say again. Sociedad not showing in the betting market for Brandt.

Seems strange if they have shown interest/made an offer

Leeds still odds on
I just checked Sociodad's squad and it seems they have over a dozen midielders in the squad. So how can they guarantee Brandt regular football?

Another interesting thing from that check - one of their first choice midfielders is the Croatian Sucic - who the rumour mill recently had linked us with, in terms of making an enquiry about his availability.

Now I am a bit of a cynic, but I wonder if their sudden interest in Brandt is to merely fire a shot across our bow?

BTW, I think that was part of Fulham's motivation with Charles - pee'd off at us for persuading Wilson not to resign the new offer they gave him.

Sounds petty, but I've yet to come across any wealthy people who dont have a petty side (its part of their giant egos).
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:23 pm Thats just the release clause. He only signed for them in Feb.
The release clause IS the whole fee! You pay nothing extra. As soon as you offer the price of the release clause, you trigger his release. They have to accept your offer. That's how it works. All that needs to be done after the bid is the contract :tup:
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Is there any weight to this? With Brandt seeming like he doesn't want to play here, is Elliott a good choice? Last year of his contract so may be available for less than the £35m Villa were going to pay...

Harvey Elliott linked to Leeds: https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/harve ... 00924.html
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41746
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 9:12 pm Good player I'd be happy to see arrive but if he wanted Leeds he'd have signed by now. Don't think he's even been to ER yet, just his dad. I have no interest in players who don't want to play for Leeds. Was he in the Germany squad?
Think that's a difficult thing though.

Our owners and manager say that and give It the old chest pump.

But not every player we want will have us at the forefront of his mind.

We are a lower mid table team in our 2nd Premier League season.

Calvert-Lewin thought Champions League teams would be beating down his door, they weren't and we wanted Muniz but couldn't get him.

Neither of us was eachothers preference but worked out for both.

Was Okafor desperate to join? Probably not given he's already had his agent putting out feelers. But you'd imagine he knew he needed to play to get in the World Cup squad so here we are.

Had suitors higher up the footballing pyramid wanted them would they be here? Probably not.

Have to accept where we are imo.

Brandt has the offers those players hoped for, so he's taking his time..

I hope he picks us because he wants to be here and believes in whatever we are aiming for.

But if he doesn't and joins some Top 6 La Liga side in a European competition wouldn't blame him for that

Begrudgingly respect it tbf because it means he's chosen competition over money which is probably the 1 big advantage we have (and Premier League football of course).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3715
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by malcolmw »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:51 pm The release clause IS the whole fee! You pay nothing extra. As soon as you offer the price of the release clause, you trigger his release. They have to accept your offer. That's how it works. All that needs to be done after the bid is the contract :tup:
Oh. Thanks Victor. I didnt know the club HAD to accept that offer. I thought they could then open it up for others.
User avatar
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by pjm2019 »

Brandt is not coming. He is awaiting other offers otherwise he would of had his medical and signed for us. His agent (father) was at LUFC over a week ago. LETS MOVE ON. Southampton want too much for Charles so LETS MOVE ON.

Lets get trafford and a back up GK asap
Lets get a number 9
Lets get a back up LB
Lets keep our squad defenders
Leeds need a great summer 2026 with outgoings and incoming players
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:04 am Oh. Thanks Victor. I didnt know the club HAD to accept that offer. I thought they could then open it up for others.
We lost Summerville the same way or we may have gotten 35M plus for him. Any team can trigger the clause and at that point it's players choice, he doesn't have to leave...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79102
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by The Subhuman »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2026 10:41 pm I just checked Sociodad's squad and it seems they have over a dozen midielders in the squad. So how can they guarantee Brandt regular football?

Another interesting thing from that check - one of their first choice midfielders is the Croatian Sucic - who the rumour mill recently had linked us with, in terms of making an enquiry about his availability.

Now I am a bit of a cynic, but I wonder if their sudden interest in Brandt is to merely fire a shot across our bow?

BTW, I think that was part of Fulham's motivation with Charles - pee'd off at us for persuading Wilson not to resign the new offer they gave him.

Sounds petty, but I've yet to come across any wealthy people who dont have a petty side (its part of their giant egos).
I don't know the quality of the mids in Sociadad but you'd assume if you're paying very high wages in a league not as rich as the prem, you start him most of the time. Not that I think Sociadad are a threat. There are likely to be clubs not yet known with an interest in Brandt assuming he's the elite top class player most here think he is. If the market was just us he's have signed by now, he needs to be training and getting match fit
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by whiteinfrance »

BRANDT-

Leeds still 8/15
Sociedad enter the market at 10/11
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Summer transfer gossip and squad discussion

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:03 am BRANDT-

Leeds still 8/15
Sociedad enter the market at 10/11
He's not coming here in a hurry is he? Weird it is taking so long but he has to make the right choice for himself. That said, if he has a desire to play in the Prem, this is it!
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
Post Reply