Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:00 am
I reckon he’ll double in value in two years John, very talented. Hey ho.
Hear what your saying Dave, good way of making money to reinvest. Just not sure we are at that stage as a PL club yet (unfortunately). Urgent requirements in other positions should be a higher priority imo.
Thinking a little more about it.
Wouldn't surprise me if they pay no more than Leeds offered but he decided to move to London.
Apparently it's a real attraction living in London, if I live until I'm a hundred I will never understand why
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:07 am
Hear what your saying Dave, good way of making money to reinvest. Just not sure we are at that stage as a PL club yet (unfortunately). Urgent requirements in other positions should be a higher priority imo.
I get that, but why did we go so strongly so early? It didn’t make sense. Like you say, we aren’t at the investment stage yet. Curious.
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:11 am
Thinking a little more about it.
Wouldn't surprise me if they pay no more than Leeds offered but he decided to move to London.
Apparently it's a real attraction living in London, if I live until I'm a hundred I will never understand why
Spot on John.
I posted when we were first linked with Charles, he'd go to a London club.
The attraction John is he's amongst all the other London playboys.
Fulham have a new coach & are on a re-build, I hope he falls flat on his face.
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 8:57 am
At that sort of money they are welcome to him.
The players that we need right now are those that are an upgrade on what we already have and also ones that are immediately ready to be dropped into the first team. We can't afford the luxury of being able to develop players on. Tou are absolutely right - there is a tipping point on valuations, Charles was already expensive past £20m
Keep The Faith MOT WAL Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............
Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:49 am
I get that, but why did we go so strongly so early? It didn’t make sense. Like you say, we aren’t at the investment stage yet. Curious.
We should be
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Who knows if Dylan agree a price with Southampton we will be in a position to match it if we desire to do so. Which isn’t a bad strategy - if we do it is up the player where he goes. No point criticising the player yet. An offer has to be accepted.
I am glad he hasn’t tried to force a move.
Johnthewhite wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:11 am
Thinking a little more about it.
Wouldn't surprise me if they pay no more than Leeds offered but he decided to move to London.
Apparently it's a real attraction living in London, if I live until I'm a hundred I will never understand why
Hobnobbing it with Sadiq Kahn, ah the glories of London living.Just what every Irishman dreams of. Neasden NW 10 here we come.
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style ~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 9:49 am
I get that, but why did we go so strongly so early? It didn’t make sense. Like you say, we aren’t at the investment stage yet. Curious.
Chilli D wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 8:02 am
Another one we're going to miss out on. Same thing every pre season. Laughable really.
Southampton have never forgiven us for the 7-0 at ER
We haven't "missed out". He's not better than what we have and too much for a position we don't need.
SG90 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 4:39 pm
We haven't "missed out". He's not better than what we have and too much for a position we don't need.
We made two bids for him so we obviously wanted him but he's going to Fulham. Therefore we've missed out regardless of whether you think he's better than what we've got or not. Time will tell whether that's true or not.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 5:17 pm
We made two bids for him so we obviously wanted him but he's going to Fulham. Therefore we've missed out regardless of whether you think he's better than what we've got or not. Time will tell whether that's true or not.
If we seriously wanted him, we'd have paid what Southampton wanted. Who does he start over then? Not Ampadu or Stach, that's for sure.
The only reason some want to sign him, is to hope to sell for a "profit", which is just sad imo. We should be signing players who take us to the next level.
The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2026 10:06 am
We should be
We need to walk before we can run IMHO. Second season syndrome is almost upon us and I feel most of our fans are taking it as a given that we will be above any relegation scrap this coming season.
We need a squad together that is better in quality than we had last season. We need to improve on last seasons standing. And we need that now - not in 6 months and not in a years time. Now! Investing for the future needs to wait for another day further down the line when our finances allow us to carry a player or two while they develop
Last edited by PhoenixUnited on Thu Aug 06, 2026 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL Never mind, it'll all come out in the wash............