Preseason: Leeds vs Augsburg - Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13931
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by John in Louisiana »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:41 pm I’m traveling, so I missed the match. Was there really 19 minutes of stoppage time? And if so why? Please tell me none of our guys got injured.
They played four 30-minute periods
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:38 pm My point was not that he should be tired, but that he was still working hard even though there were only a few seconds left and the game was out of reach.
You missed my point: I was highlighting his lack of minutes (as I did earlier)! Am I reading tooo much into it? I think Gnonto is going. Piroe is definitely going...
Last edited by Victor_OTT_17 on Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3291
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:41 pm I’m traveling, so I missed the match. Was there really 19 minutes of stoppage time? And if so why? Please tell me none of our guys got injured.
No stoppage time! We played 4 x 30 minutes with huge changes after 60 minutes so a game of 2 and 2/3rds halves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clean sheet and 0 injuries...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13931
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by John in Louisiana »

Victor_OTT_17 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:43 pm You missed my point: I was highlighting his lack of minutes (as I did earlier)! Am I reading tooo much into it? I think Gnonto is going. Piroe is definitely going...
I get your point. I hope you're wrong, about Wlliy, at least. I think he has a lot to offer as he demonstrated today.
BlancdeBlanc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:40 pm
Location: Wetherby

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:02 pm Who is the fella providing all the stats on the LUFC commentary?
Think it’s Jonny Cooper from Opta. Leeds fan, appears on the Square Ball podcast regularly.
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8793
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Chilli D »

I only saw the last 30 minutes but what I saw Aaronson and Gnonto both played well.
So, apart from those two, who stood out today?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by 1964white »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:55 pm Think it’s Jonny Cooper from Opta. Leeds fan, appears on the Square Ball podcast regularly.
Thanks Blanc

I thought it was Jonny Cooper.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by 1964white »

So glad I didn't attend that game.

Must have been sweltering for those fans sat in the East Stand.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:21 pm Nice goal, that Gnonto everyone hates was heavily involved and lovely cut back for Nmecha...
Everyone hates 🤔
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by 1964white »

Aaronson, Gnonto, Bijol & Tanaka standouts in the second game.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 3:09 pm Which is why MOT exists ... otherwise we'd be a boring colourless news site
I do believe Piroe is leaving after no minutes today, although I have no concrete evidence he is departing Leeds.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:54 pm Everyone hates 🤔
Just normal drama, I think DF is trying to convert him to a wingback, not convinced he will leave, hopefully they will offer him a new contract. Whether he would sign one is another matter.
IMO we will regret letting him go if that turns out to be the case.

Assuming Piroe hasn’t an injury it appears he is not wanted, would he be happy spending another season on the sidelines. If he decides to stay he is unlikely to get many decent offers with two years of not playing.
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6716
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:52 pm So glad I didn't attend that game.

Must have been sweltering for those fans sat in the East Stand.
My sister and nephew were in there, she said it was sweltering and she was in the upper tier in the shade.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 5:34 pm My sister and nephew were in there, she said it was sweltering and she was in the upper tier in the shade.
Ouch!
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13931
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 5:17 pm I do believe Piroe is leaving after no minutes today, although I have no concrete evidence he is departing Leeds.
I’d be shocked if he doesn’t.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11788
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 4:52 pm So glad I didn't attend that game.

Must have been sweltering for those fans sat in the East Stand.
Nice where me and you are mate.

An enjoyable day out I thought, good to see a few new players and some of the kids.

Looking forward to next week 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
pandagirl
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by pandagirl »

Guys what a pre-season we are having! Immense!
There is greatness and then there is D C L ...
User avatar
pandagirl
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by pandagirl »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 5:46 pm Nice where me and you are mate.

An enjoyable day out I thought, good to see a few new players and some of the kids.

Looking forward to next week 👍

My second favourite person on this forum, how you doing
Great game today! Flying through pre-season.
There is greatness and then there is D C L ...
User avatar
pandagirl
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by pandagirl »

1964white wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 5:17 pm I do believe Piroe is leaving after no minutes today, although I have no concrete evidence he is departing Leeds.
Heyy, i wasnt following anything in June - with the world cup

But i read today Meslier at long last left the club back in June - yeh old news i know.

I will be honest, every season, Meslier costed us a minimum of two or three games.

Can you imagine had he been around last season could have been so different

Glad we got rid.

(Arsenal fans think they got a bargain) LOL
There is greatness and then there is D C L ...
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11788
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Pre season: Leeds 0 RB Leipzig 0 KO @ 2pm

Post by Barlow Boy »

pandagirl wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2026 6:37 pm My second favourite person on this forum, how you doing
Great game today! Flying through pre-season.
Only second 😢.

I’m good thanks, enjoyed it today. Really looking forward to the season proper starting.

Are you in attendance at any of the upcoming games?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply