Gradel will come straight in for Watt I'd've thought, play a similar 4-5-1/4-4-2 we've been doing the last couple of matches... Not sure about Snods though, I can see him maybe coming off the bench for one or two games just as a precaution more than anything, but then yeah I could see him coming in for one of the middle two(three?) Howson, Killa or Johnson
Looking forward to having Gradel back in particular, seemed to have a storming pre-season!
Jason123 wrote:Snods will come straight in, Gradel may not come in straight away but could in for for watt or sam, snods will replace killa or howson. IMO
Snods is too good to be a bench warmer.
I'd hope Snodgrass would get at least one game with the reserves if possible, then bench for me for a couple of games
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote:
I'd hope Snodgrass would get at least one game with the reserves if possible, then bench for me for a couple of games
Agreed. With Sam, Watt and Gradel soon to be available with White an option too on the left we do not need to rush Snoddy back. He has not had a full preseason and should be nurtured back to fitness.
Genghers wrote:Gradel will come straight in for Watt I'd've thought, play a similar 4-5-1/4-4-2 we've been doing the last couple of matches... Not sure about Snods though, I can see him maybe coming off the bench for one or two games just as a precaution more than anything, but then yeah I could see him coming in for one of the middle two(three?) Howson, Killa or Johnson
Looking forward to having Gradel back in particular, seemed to have a storming pre-season!
Agree, i think one of the central midfielders will drop down to bench
My opinion only & the stats are proven on this point Howson & Killa are our best midfield pairing even if they do look a bit of a soft touch
Dr.Leeds wrote:
Agreed. With Sam, Watt and Gradel soon to be available with White an option too on the left we do not need to rush Snoddy back. He has not had a full preseason and should be nurtured back to fitness.
Gradel could play up front, has done it well before with Becchio, move back to a 4-4-2.
If were playing 4-3-3 or 3-5-1 still I could see Snoddy coming in for Johnson though if we are only playing 4 in midfield it would be hard to see where Sam, Watt, Gradel, Howson, Killa, Johnson and Snodgrass would all fit.
Potentially Howson and Johnson could both be dropped and we would switch to a 4-4-2 formation, with either Gradel/Watt partnering Becchio and whoever doesn't on the wing. Snods in the middle with Killa when he is fit?? This however would probably be very unlikely!!
Think Gradel will get a start/run out against his former employers. We have decent strength in depth out wide, so as someone said, no need to rush Snoddy back. Really don't know what formation changes Larry has in mind tomorrow. Either way he and we all know bags about Millwall from the amount of times we have played them in the last two seasons.
Should be interesting tomorrow, hopefully we get one over on them and their badger look-a-like manager Jackett.
would hope Gradel would come straight back into the starting line up, hes our player and his development is more important for our future than that of Watt so would hate to see a player we own kept out of the team by a loaned player
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Gradel tore Wolves to pieces in pre-season. I know, it is only pre-season but he has the pace and skill to do it against championship teams. For me, Gradel is a better player right now than Watt. Perhaps in the future Watt will be a better player, but right now Gradel passes the ball better, has more pace, better skill, and can cause more problems.
I see us starting with Sam and Gradel on the flanks, even when Snodgrass is fit. I feel that we will keep with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 for the foreseeable future, and when Snodgrass is fit I think he might take a role in the centre of the park. Perhaps playing an attacking role with two deeper lying midfielders. It worked to an extent against Spurs when Snodgrass played in that role, and I feel it will work better with our current promotion having two rat arse quick wingers, and a skilful but less pacey playmaker.
Shields53 wrote:Gradel could play up front, has done it well before with Becchio, move back to a 4-4-2.
If were playing 4-3-3 or 3-5-1 still I could see Snoddy coming in for Johnson though if we are only playing 4 in midfield it would be hard to see where Sam, Watt, Gradel, Howson, Killa, Johnson and Snodgrass would all fit.
3-5-1 if someone gets sent off?
Johnson is a great player but not consistent enough to start imo snoddy could take his place for me.
Gradel>Watt all the way and put sam down the left.
dezzy wrote:would hope Gradel would come straight back into the starting line up, hes our player and his development is more important for our future than that of Watt so would hate to see a player we own kept out of the team by a loaned player
Tbh i think there is something else with Watt, i think Leeds have got a plan to sign him permanantly! If you listen to one of his interviews he mentions a possible stay at leeds, and also so does Peter Lorimer! I think there is something we dont know about Watt, and already i am a fan of him!
nickjett wrote:
Tbh i think there is something else with Watt, i think Leeds have got a plan to sign him permanantly! If you listen to one of his interviews he mentions a possible stay at leeds, and also so does Peter Lorimer! I think there is something we dont know about Watt, and already i am a fan of him!
would be great if he does stay with us good player but if hes not would hope our long term players would get the nod
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..