Do you believe in aliens?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

Like the title says : do YOU believe?

If so, do you think they are visiting us?

Have they had contact in the past and maybe intervened in human evolution and development?

How many races are there in our solar system?

What are their motives? are they hostile or peaceful?

This topic is one the most interesting things in the world to me, and if true, is one of the most important questions to be asked by human beings. In the event of the truth coming out, it would completely change our lives on this planet as we know it, for better or worse....

Let me know your thoughts :)
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Emsley »

Yes I do, the universe is far too large for it to not contain other life.
The only reason they would come here is to eat us.
But if they can get this far surely they must have the technology to look after them selfs and visit another 100 million earth type planets out there.
SCIENTOLOGY MAN! TOM CRUISE DIGS IT, DO YOU!??
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Twiggster »




:lol:
User avatar
essexwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: scotland

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by essexwhite »

Yes Adi---Huddersfieldwhite is one! :-D
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Twiggster »

essexwhite wrote:Yes Adi---Huddersfieldwhite is one! :-D
I don't think he plays for them anymore? :duno:
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

Emsley wrote:Yes I do, the universe is far too large for it to not contain other life.
The only reason they would come here is to eat us.
But if they can get this far surely they must have the technology to look after them selfs and visit another 100 million earth type planets out there.
SCIENTOLOGY MAN! TOM CRUISE DIGS IT, DO YOU!??
Scientology?? I sincerely hope youre joking bro :shock:
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by dezzy »

There has to be aliens out there universe is too big for us to be the only ones. But regards them visiting us? dont think so, id say they are just as developd as us, dont think UFOS are real, but i could change my mind!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
ArmleyWhite

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by ArmleyWhite »

I do believe in aliens, yes. Do they come from Mars, I doubt it but I do have an open mind and consider the fact that they have been here and still are. I'm not arrogant enough to think that in the entire universe, we are the only sentient life forms. Even in the ancient Sumerian texts, they wrote that the human, as we are now, was genetically engineered by aliens, from the humanoids that had been before.
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

Ye, thats what i think too Armley.
Maybe the missing link wasnt a species of homonid, but a strand of DNA?
Evolution doesnt work as fast as it did in our case. F***n Fascinating to me :)
Grayson is King
ArmleyWhite

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by ArmleyWhite »

Some scoff, but you need to research Zacharia Sitchin and lloyd Pie (sp) Two very respected member of the alternative evolution community.
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

Yeah ive read some Sitchin. Its really interesting. I dont know if i believe everything in his books, but Im definately open to it.
Its possible that its all true too, you know? Its so hard to find out for sure what happened all those thousands of years ago, its all speculation really, but a lot of good research goes into it that is completely ignored by the mainstream scientific communities or whatever. I believe there is vital information that is deliberately being covered up, probably for a number of reasons. Ill check out this Lloyd Pie? guy too. Thanks man :)
Grayson is King
perseus
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 7:40 pm
Location: The Black Country

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by perseus »

Aliens?

Other life on other worlds has, does and will exist. I suppose the big question is will we ever meet any?

The universe is about 13 billion years old (dependant on your source) and we have existed for a mere fraction of that time span. This begs the question as to whether we have been, or will be around to witness an encounter with an other world intelligence.

If they flourished and then perished a 100 million years ago then we missed them. If they flourish in a 100 million years time then we will almost certainly be a distant, unrecorded and forgotten footnote of the universe's history and we miss them again.

I think there will be a little bit of good fortune involved if we manage to bump in to..............a little green man.
Velotrax

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Velotrax »

perseus wrote:Aliens?

Other life on other worlds has, does and will exist. I suppose the big question is will we ever meet any?

The universe is about 13 billion years old (dependant on your source) and we have existed for a mere fraction of that time span. This begs the question as to whether we have been, or will be around to witness an encounter with an other world intelligence.

If they flourished and then perished a 100 million years ago then we missed them. If they flourish in a 100 million years time then we will almost certainly be a distant, unrecorded and forgotten footnote of the universe's history and we miss them again.

I think there will be a little bit of good fortune involved if we manage to bump in to..............a little green man.
Excellent post, of course we are not the only form of life in this universe, but will we encounter an other..maybe not, more odds on winning the lottery :P
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by Telepres »

I love this video, that shows off the size of planets/stars. Gives you an idea how insignificant we are in just one small section of the Universe. Quite scary when you think about it.

BrotherofDr.Leeds
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 am
Location: Home of the Gods, Leeds.

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by BrotherofDr.Leeds »

Do I beileve that alien life exists? Absolutely. It would be a tremendous act of arrogance to assume that life does not exist anywhere else in our universe.

Do I believe that they are visiting us? Well, that's a far more difficult question, and I'm not even going to pretend that I can answer either way. All I know is that I am yet to be convinced by any of the evidence that I have seen so far.
The original Yorkshire pudding.
User avatar
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by revieboy »

Recently they discovered a new solar system in our galaxy which has a certain planet with all the characteristics, ie distance from the sun and its own moon, to allow the possibility of life.

They might be in the stone age though.
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by matt leeds »

I believe there is other life out there somewhere, I dont think we will ever meet them. Who knows if they are developed or are maybe developed in different ways to us. Maybe they would see us as the aliens?
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by JonTheBassist »

I have a feeling, from all the ufo reports and people talking about it on the news and just the general awareness of the subject, that we are in for some big news in the next few years......
User avatar
cat in the hat
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Do you believe in aliens?

Post by cat in the hat »

JonTheBassist wrote:I have a feeling, from all the ufo reports and people talking about it on the news and just the general awareness of the subject, that we are in for some big news in the next few years......
Check out a website / film by the name of the Orion Conspiracy! Quite interesting. Keep an open mind!
Im dyslexic, get over it!
Post Reply