Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- revieboy
- First Team

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
- Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans
Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
As we sit prettily three points off third place in the Championship, I have to look back at the fallout after the losses to Cardiff and Leicester. There were calls for Graysons head and yet look at us now, we all say it is a rollercoaster league but let also look at Simons ability to get the team back on its feet. After those results the players could have really held their heads down but instead they bounce back with two away wins. A major factor in this has been allowing Howson a more advanced role and I hope we are allowed to see this at Elland Road. Grayson has not sat on his laurels and stuck with the same players and tactics, plus I notice he has returned to the inclusion of Max Gradel who with Becchio in tandem will run themselves into the ground.
Reading on the OS I also noticed our managers vision for the academy and his idea of looking to the long term. He is not looking for instant success but also to rebuild a legacy for the future. I also enjoyed his response to McSheffreys comments that we should have signed him and Doyle, Simon was right to say he must do the right thing, what did McSheffrey achieve to justify us signing him?. Grayson was respectful in his thanks to both him and Doyle, showing the class with which he also continues to accept both victory or defeat.
Despite his inexperience I say Simon Grayson has the bottle to take this club forward and he will in the majority of situations make the decision he deems to be correct. With a long term vision for the club it is sometimes selfish of us fans to expect him to bow to our pressures. Long may he remain true to his own plan.
Reading on the OS I also noticed our managers vision for the academy and his idea of looking to the long term. He is not looking for instant success but also to rebuild a legacy for the future. I also enjoyed his response to McSheffreys comments that we should have signed him and Doyle, Simon was right to say he must do the right thing, what did McSheffrey achieve to justify us signing him?. Grayson was respectful in his thanks to both him and Doyle, showing the class with which he also continues to accept both victory or defeat.
Despite his inexperience I say Simon Grayson has the bottle to take this club forward and he will in the majority of situations make the decision he deems to be correct. With a long term vision for the club it is sometimes selfish of us fans to expect him to bow to our pressures. Long may he remain true to his own plan.
Last edited by revieboy on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Cracking post mate! Good points, well made! :thup:
- jim052
- Youth Team

- Posts: 74
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:44 am
- Location: 225miles from Elland Road
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
There's only one Simon Grayson!
When the best things are not possible, the best may be made of those that are!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jim3052
http://www.youtube.com/user/jim3052
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
I hope you had quiet word with Matt for booing Richard Naylorrevieboy wrote:As we sit prettily three points off third place in the Championship, I have to look back at the fallout after the losses to Cardiff and Leicester. There were calls for Graysons head and yet look at us now, we all say it is a rollercoaster league but let also look at Simons ability to get the team back on its feet. After those results the players could have really held their heads down but instead they bounce back with two away wins. A major factor in this has been allowing Howson a more advanced role and I hope we are allowed to see this at Elland Road. Grayson has not sat on his laurels and stuck with the same players and tactics, plus I notice he has returned to the inclusion of Max Gradel who with Becchio in tandem will run themselves into the ground.
Reading on the OS I also noticed our managers vision for the academy and his idea of looking to the long term. He is not looking for instant success but also to rebuild a legacy for the future. I also enjoyed his response to McSheffreys comments that we should have signed him and Doyle, Simon was right to say he must do the right thing, what did McSheffrey achieve to justify us signing him?. Grayson was respectful in his thanks to both him and Doyle, showing the class with which he also continues to accept both victory or defeat.
Despite his inexperience I say Simon Grayson has the bottle to take this club forward and he will in the majority of situations make the decision he deems to be correct. With a long term vision for the club it is sometimes selfish of us fans to expect him to bow to our pressures. Long may he remain true to his own plan.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Never....
Be...
DEFEATED!!!
Be...
DEFEATED!!!
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- revieboy
- First Team

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
- Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
It was sheer frustration 64. Think naylor wont get a look in now
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
I hope so revieboyrevieboy wrote:It was sheer frustration 64. Think naylor wont get a look in now
Grayson's biggest mistake this season & i had a good moan about that appointment back in July & i stand by what i said on the matter
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
See my thread in the drunken rants section, posted after the Cardiff game...
Side Before Self, Every Time
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79025
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Thed Cardiff loss was nothing to worry about and Leicester seem to hold a jinx over us at the moment...I'm not unhappy with reither of those defeats ...Preston still burns though! that should have been 3 points guaranteed ...............
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Said exactly the same to '64 earlier today, matefaaip wrote:Thed Cardiff loss was nothing to worry about and Leicester seem to hold a jinx over us at the moment...I'm not unhappy with reither of those defeats ...Preston still burns though! that should have been 3 points guaranteed ...............
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
True. Without that awful capitulation against Preston we would probably have accepted the Cardiff defeat as a visit from a side on top form and the Leicester defeat as a team we have a poor record against with the new manager effect.revie-era wrote: Said exactly the same to '64 earlier today, mate
The Preston defeat was the difference between a couple of defeats in a hard league in which we have just arrived and a crisis run of dreadful home form which hopefully will be convincingly crushed on Tuesday night.

-
white.riot
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Performances against Barnsley Preston Foxes and Cardiff were totally unacceptable. So unacceptable that Larry changed his system. 12 months too late he also realised that Naylor was part of the problem and Howson a major part of the solution. Some of us could see both things from the stands. Academy has been poor 4 some time. Let's hope Larry is finding his feet but a couple of wins is just that, a couple of wins. And needing 3 goals to win almost every game is nothing short of a scandal. I like Larry but I aint getting carried away just yet.
Last edited by white.riot on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
My sentiments fully too WRwhite.riot wrote:Performances against Barnsley Preston Foxes and Cardiff were totally unacceptable. So unacceptable that Larry changed his system 12 months too late he also realised that Naylor was part of the problem and Howson a major part of the solution. Some of us could see both things from the stands. Academy has been poor 4 some time. Let's hope Larry is finding his feet but a couple of wins is just that, a couple of wins. And needing 3 goals to win almost every game is nothing short of a scandal. I like Larry but I aint getting carried away just yet.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
I do think if Larry had of stuck with the likes of Kisnorbo, Lubo & Bromby at centre back & not favoured Naylor, also been bold enough to play Howson in the hole as he is doing now rather than playing him on the right wing, we'd have been a position to win League One as oppose to scraping promotion
- joelufc20
- First Team

- Posts: 2099
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
- Location: Lincoln UK
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
I'll reserve my judgement until we start winning home games and perform against the better teams immune league. I am however encouraged with the last results and the changes made.
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
What is an "immune league" our Joe???joelufc20 wrote:I'll reserve my judgement until we start winning home games and perform against the better teams immune league. I am however encouraged with the last results and the changes made.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
If under the auspices of the Welsh FA you are immune from suspension for trying to break Luci's leg?Twiggster wrote: What is an "immune league" our Joe???![]()

- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19698
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
Yeah I blame Naylor for the 4 goals conceded v Bury, the 5 v Barnsley, 6 v Preston and 4 v Cardiff. I will conveniently ignore the fact he only played in 1 of those matches (v Barnsley).white.riot wrote:Performances against Barnsley Preston Foxes and Cardiff were totally unacceptable. So unacceptable that Larry changed his system. 12 months too late he also realised that Naylor was part of the problem and Howson a major part of the solution. Some of us could see both things from the stands. Academy has been poor 4 some time.
I will also criticise him for being a captain who tells people where to play and for trying to organise the team on the pitch. Captains shouldn't do that they should just win the toss and make sure we kick towards our supporters in the second half.
Yes Naylor hasn't looked at his best but take the blinkers off and actually think for yourselves for once instead of simply blaming someone who has become the boo boy's target. Anybody's form would suffer as captain trying to organise other people to do the jobs they should be doing. I would ask anyone to try and concentrate on their own game whilst having to tell other people around them what they should already be doing but aren't. I know as a player manager and centre back myself that if my team is playing badly my own concentration suffers greatly as I am having to split my focus towards making changes to improve the side etc (and usually will them make a complete howler moments before I have to b*llock the team at half time).
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
You see Chopra's mad lunge today? If there is no ban for that, the FAW should be shut down.Dr.Leeds wrote: If under the auspices of the Welsh FA you are immune from suspension for trying to break Luci's leg?
- Silky
- Manager

- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am
Re: Grayson, Bottle and Academy Plans
I always like reading your thoughts, weasel.. you're probably one of about 3 members who's posts i always make sure i read, but im starting to think that Naylor is your brother-in-law or somethingweasel wrote: Yeah I blame Naylor for the 4 goals conceded v Bury, the 5 v Barnsley, 6 v Preston and 4 v Cardiff. I will conveniently ignore the fact he only played in 1 of those matches (v Barnsley).
I will also criticise him for being a captain who tells people where to play and for trying to organise the team on the pitch. Captains shouldn't do that they should just win the toss and make sure we kick towards our supporters in the second half.
Yes Naylor hasn't looked at his best but take the blinkers off and actually think for yourselves for once instead of simply blaming someone who has become the boo boy's target. Anybody's form would suffer as captain trying to organise other people to do the jobs they should be doing. I would ask anyone to try and concentrate on their own game whilst having to tell other people around them what they should already be doing but aren't. I know as a player manager and centre back myself that if my team is playing badly my own concentration suffers greatly as I am having to split my focus towards making changes to improve the side etc (and usually will them make a complete howler moments before I have to b*llock the team at half time).
Side Before Self, Every Time