O/T - The movies / Television thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
joluafc4eva

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by joluafc4eva »

1964white wrote:
Can you remember a similar tv version Alias Smith & Jones featuring Pete Duel & Ben Murphy :?:
Forgot all about Alias Smith & Jones, I loved that and fancied both Ben Murphy and Pete Duel and was gutted when he commited suicide. Wasnt so keen on his replacement. I also enjoyed Randall & Hopkirk Deceased.
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by revie-era »

JonTheBassist wrote:Hmmmm, i think i must look out for 'Where Eagles Dare', it must be pretty good if so many of you folk are raving about it ey?

I see a lot of you are also V fans...have you seen the new series? I watched the first season and thought it was great :)

Another thing - I watched The Damned United recently and thought it was pretty good. I hear though that Cloughs wife was saying that its an inaccurate portrayal of the man. What are your thoughts on that?
For a more accurate portrait of Clough, read "Provided You Dont Kiss Me"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155098
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by 1964white »

joluafc4eva wrote: Forgot all about Alias Smith & Jones, I loved that and fancied both Ben Murphy and Pete Duel and was gutted when he commited suicide. Wasnt so keen on his replacement. I also enjoyed Randall & Hopkirk Deceased.
No Roger Davis had a difficult job replacing Pete Duel & as you said wasn't as good

Watched all the re-runs of Randall & Hopkirk a couple of years ago Jo :) corny but brilliant :!:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155098
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by 1964white »

Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's

The Man From Uncle
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by CSA »

1964white wrote:Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's

The Man From Uncle
See they are doing a remake of that.

talking of sixties series these three were all crackers

The Munsters.
The Addams Family
Batman.
Image
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by HarryofOz »

I enjoyed Man from Uncle and Alias Smith and Jones...and alas Smith and Jones.

What about the Persuaders? Great fun that was and I liked the Professionals too.

I did enjoy comedies like Allo Allo, Are you being served, Love thy neighbour when I first saw them many years ago, but when I watch them again I find them dated and not that funny.

Not the 9 o'clock news is another goodie.

I enjoy those sort of current event satirical shows and its something that Australian TV is really good at - the Games, Frontline, Hollowmen, Chaser and more.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by revie-era »

Also like the Silence of The Lamds and all the other Hannibal films
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by revie-era »

1964white wrote:Unsure if anyone has mention this classic tv series, one of my favourites from the 60's

The Man From Uncle
Open Channel D, Mr Kuryakin
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155098
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by 1964white »

revie-era wrote: Open Channel D, Mr Kuryakin
:thup:
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by matt leeds »

I put some of my fave films in an earlier post. Television wise I like - The Apprentice, I really enjoyed all of the Alan Partridge shows that were done and although its quite sad I like the X Factor, although I do prefer the audition shows where its a lot funnier.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by MeeTa »

POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Twiggster »

Thunderbirds are GO! :thup:
yorkshiremackem
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: on my ass, in a warm chair
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by yorkshiremackem »

this could have a sub board, along with a music board as this could go on like the music thread which has more posts than the drunken rants.
anyway....
tv: scrubs, man v food, the walking dead, dexter(not cartoon), the wot wots(cartoon)
film: lord of the rings, spiderman, any zombie flicks, girl next door
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by CSA »

From a very funny Leeds lad



Foam Shrimpay
Cola Cubay. LOL!!
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Twiggster »

CSA wrote:From a very funny Leeds lad



Foam Shrimpay
Cola Cubay. LOL!!
you missed off the part that is funny?
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by CSA »

Twiggster wrote:
you missed off the part that is funny?
Which bit would that be.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Twiggster »

CSA wrote: Which bit would that be.
You tell me? That clip wasn't funny in any way
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by CSA »

Twiggster wrote: You tell me? That clip wasn't funny in any way
OK OK I get the message, sorry ! we'll move on.
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Twiggster »

:nahnah: :nahnah:
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by matt leeds »

I absolutely love watching Lee Evans, hilarious! Im going to see him live at Sheffield Arena next October.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
Post Reply