Crude United wrote:
That's a pretty big prediction there Tobias. I would be happy, as long as he can stay injury-free and actually helps us keep clean sheets. Figners-crossed.
I would also be happy if he joined, stayed injury-free and got us some clean sheets.
I'm not a betting man - but I wouldn't put money on it if I was.
Toby wrote:Harry Redknapp believes it would be best if Tottenham Hotspur defender Jonathan Woodgate joined a Championship club on loan. Former clubs Leeds United and Middlesbrough have been linked with a move for the centre-half.
I think it's almost certain Woodgate will come to Leeds no doubt about it, i doubt some people will be happy about it though, but he is a great defender if he stays safe.
Your always going to get people who disagree, Some people have a case, Some don't. The way i see it is, If its going to help with our quest to get back to where we belong, If a player is going to come to Leeds and give it his all every time he pulls on that shirt. What more can we ask for?
We are so proud,
We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
Woodgate wont come here.
And even if he does which I highly doubt I am personally going down to elland road to clean up all the rubbish and safety proof all the kerbs and steps, you know he will get injured by a seagull that crashed landed on his head.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Yea but you can't get a better team to join on loan to regain fitness, know's the place well, he was here for 5 years. Perfect for him if Grayson can sort a deal. And if he can't well then he will Join Middlesbrough.
And if he does amazing for us and get's us promoted back to the prem then there's no doubt he could become a signing.
Armleywhite wrote:Why would some not be happy about woodgate coming back to Leeds on loan? Be fine by me.
Because, like Emsley has just mentioned, Woody is extremely injury prone and if he did come back I imagine it would be something like watching Amdy Faye this season, occasionally looks like he could do the job but doesn't look fit and tires as the game goes on. I've no doubt he'll give 100% but that may be the equivalent to 60% for a fully fit player.
I hope I'm wrong and he comes back in style.
I'd love to see Michael Johnson join but he's coming through a similar period, except that he is 22 years old and his career is getting started.
I think he's more likely to go to Boro to be honest. He has no baggage there, they are his local team and also, with Spurs possibly interested in signing David Wheater, a loan of Woodgate may be a good sweetener for them to offer.
If we could get £5m and Smith for him that would be an incredible offer. Saying that, 6mil is masses anyway, could get someone with twice Max's skill for that!
Woodgate has been unable to stay fit for years . Why would that suddenly change now .He'll no doubt be able to keep Paddy company on the treatment table so perhaps we should take him on loan to stop Paddy from feeling so lonely . Perhaps Fergie will let us take Owen Hargreaves on loan as well . Woodgate's injury record is just shocking and I don't understand why anyone would want to gamble on him. I'd rather try and sign someone like Shittu TBH . At least he'd last 90 minutes ,something Woodgate is simply incapable of.
billie1 wrote:Woodgate has been unable to stay fit for years . Why would that suddenly change now .He'll no doubt be able to keep Paddy company on the treatment table so perhaps we should take him on loan to stop Paddy from feeling so lonely . Perhaps Fergie will let us take Owen Hargreaves on loan as well . Woodgate's injury record is just shocking and I don't understand why anyone would want to gamble on him. I'd rather try and sign someone like Shittu TBH . At least he'd last 90 minutes ,something Woodgate is simply incapable of.
Agree, fed up of lazy journalism! Smith and Woody aint coming back! Bates would never pay out for players at that age!
We need to show a little ambition, try another CF, Austin maybe! SHore up our defence and strengthen our CM, we cant seem to keep a clean sheet or protect a lead, love to see Commons come in!
Genghers wrote:If we could get £5m and Smith for him that would be an incredible offer. Saying that, 6mil is masses anyway, could get someone with twice Max's skill for that!
Possibly, but having seen plenty of Newcastle matches last year in the Champ, he really doesn't impress me that much. Wouldn't have him over Mad Max at any rate. Now Gutierrez would be another proposition...
Don't think much of this rumour mind, Larry laughed it off in the post match interview last night!