Personal build up to arsenal match

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Class
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by White Class »

Telepres wrote: I know damn well though, that when Gradel is stood over the ball about to take a penalty to level the game in the 92nd minute, I'll be willing the ball to go in :P
:-D Exactly!
I never want Leeds to lose but after starting the new year with a draw and a loss in the league I'm kind of hoping we don't have a cup run so we can concentrate on the league and not repeat last seasons New year decline - Which I've just been reading about Ol' Casper Ankergren referencing http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusge ... a_Leeds_/?

Then again - Once we've kicked off, I'll be wanting us to kick the Arse
User avatar
Big Luke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Da hood init.....North Leeds actually

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Big Luke »

I don't want us to lose, never have and never will, but if (or, when) we do, I won't be gutted. The league is miles more important than showing off to the big boys. The only people I know personally who don't feel this way are the part time glory supporters who only care about football when Leeds are playing a big team.

Our cup run last season as we all know affected our league form and the end result was taking us down to the very last day to secure automatic promotion, even though we were points ahead at the top of League One beforehand. That was in a league which isn't as open and as close as the Championship, if we want to get at least a place in the playoffs we should be prioritising.

As long as we don't get completely humiliated I'll get over losing to Arsenal quick enough.
"Forward towards Beckford, and the ball's over Brown. And this is Beckford. It just ran away from him but they're still going to strike it on goal, and SCORE in the Stretford End for Leeds United, and it doesn't get any better than that!"
joluafc4eva

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by joluafc4eva »

Yeah for once I will be going to a game which I wont be nervous about - the same as how I felt when we went to the scum last year. Im just going to enjoy the experience of seeing the Emirates and dreaming of what might be in the future :mrgreen:

If we win great, if we draw, great again and if we lose, well I wont lose any sleep so long as non of our few decent players dont get injured.
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Telepres »

Big Luke wrote:As long as we don't get completely humiliated I'll get over losing to Arsenal quick enough.
Why? If we lose 5-0, who in reality is going to mock. It can happen to anyone there if Arsenal are in a comfortable gear. Chelsea were 1-0 down there the other week. Few minutes later and it was game over at 3-0 after two ridiculously incisive passes.

Of course I don't want to get spanked 5-0 (and I don't think we will tbh), but I don't think there would be any serious humiliation from that.
User avatar
Big Luke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Da hood init.....North Leeds actually

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Big Luke »

Telepres wrote: Why? If we lose 5-0, who in reality is going to mock. It can happen to anyone there if Arsenal are in a comfortable gear. Chelsea were 1-0 down there the other week. Few minutes later and it was game over at 3-0 after two ridiculously incisive passes.

Of course I don't want to get spanked 5-0 (and I don't think we will tbh), but I don't think there would be any serious humiliation from that.
It's just a natural thing I suppose, it's never pleasant seeing Leeds having loads put past them, still a bit weary after Barnsley, PNE and Cardiff home if I'm honest!

Of course Arsenal are a much better side than any of those but as I said, it's just natural for me.
"Forward towards Beckford, and the ball's over Brown. And this is Beckford. It just ran away from him but they're still going to strike it on goal, and SCORE in the Stretford End for Leeds United, and it doesn't get any better than that!"
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Telepres »

Big Luke wrote:It's just a natural thing I suppose, it's never pleasant seeing Leeds having loads put past them, still a bit weary after Barnsley, PNE and Cardiff home if I'm honest!

Of course Arsenal are a much better side than any of those but as I said, it's just natural for me.
They were painful though. Especially Barnsley. Having to walk back towards the centre when one guy with a huge grin on his face says to me, "We gave em a good beating there didn't we". I must look like a Barnsley fan. Not good. Certainly wasn't smiling that night.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Emsley »

Telepres wrote: They were painful though. Especially Barnsley. Having to walk back towards the centre when one guy with a huge grin on his face says to me, "We gave em a good beating there didn't we". I must look like a Barnsley fan. Not good. Certainly wasn't smiling that night.
I share this pain, coming out of barnsely on the coach all the people were at thier windows... Diliverence rang a bell...
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Big Luke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Da hood init.....North Leeds actually

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Big Luke »

Telepres wrote:They were painful though. Especially Barnsley. Having to walk back towards the centre when one guy with a huge grin on his face says to me, "We gave em a good beating there didn't we". I must look like a Barnsley fan. Not good. Certainly wasn't smiling that night.
Emsley wrote:I share this pain, coming out of barnsely on the coach all the people were at thier windows... Diliverence rang a bell...
Wasn't good was it? At least things have looked up since then.

I just hope after the loss to Cardiff we can get back on our feet quick enough, I hope whatever the result is tomorrow it won't cause a hangover.
"Forward towards Beckford, and the ball's over Brown. And this is Beckford. It just ran away from him but they're still going to strike it on goal, and SCORE in the Stretford End for Leeds United, and it doesn't get any better than that!"
User avatar
Gurj
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Gurj »

I am leaving my house at 8.45am to get the train from Birmingham New Street to Euston - should be there for 11am and then couple of tubes and meet my mate at Arsenal Underground station.

Win, lose or draw I am going to make sure I enjoy this day but eh, wouldnt a win be just magic :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
User avatar
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by CardiffWhite »

I hope I can sleep tonight! :-D
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by LUFCRACE »

My personal build up?
Well it's starting right now with a night in COT with my fellow Whites. :-D :beer: Come join us!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Ronan
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Ronan »

Ronan wrote:Don't care what the score is,hopefully a defeat so we can concentrate on the league......just as long as we give a good account of ourselves....that'll do for me. :wink:
Boy,haven't i opened a can of worms !!

I have to admit i'm not in the slightest bit nervous about this match.It's a Brucie bonus.
Let's go out & enjoy ourselves.With scum last year there was that grudge feeling but with Arsenal,i feel it's different.
Opposition who play attractive football and are nice to watch.

Hoping for a defeat ?.....remember scum last year.......after that win we went into freefall !!
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by LUFCRACE »

Ronan wrote: Boy,haven't i opened a can of worms !!

I have to admit i'm not in the slightest bit nervous about this match.It's a Brucie bonus.
Let's go out & enjoy ourselves.With scum last year there was that grudge feeling but with Arsenal,i feel it's different.
Opposition who play attractive football and are nice to watch.

Hoping for a defeat ?.....remember scum last year.......after that win we went into freefall !!
I think you got confused. You're not actually hoping for a defeat, you'd never hope for defeat, but you don't mind if we lose. :wink:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by becchio bear »

LUFCRACE wrote:My personal build up?
Well it's starting right now with a night in COT with my fellow Whites. :-D :beer: Come join us!
What time you opening Anna? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by LUFCRACE »

becchio bear wrote: What time you opening Anna? :bear:
just after I sent that message.... you came in then buggered off again, we saw you sneaking in and out!
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Big Luke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Da hood init.....North Leeds actually

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Big Luke »

Ronan wrote:I have to admit i'm not in the slightest bit nervous about this match.It's a Brucie bonus.
Let's go out & enjoy ourselves.With scum last year there was that grudge feeling but with Arsenal,i feel it's different.
Opposition who play attractive football and are nice to watch.
LUFCRACE wrote: I think you got confused. You're not actually hoping for a defeat, you'd never hope for defeat, but you don't mind if we lose. :wink:
Spot on....both of you. :wink:

Scum last year was a bit different and special. Beating them under the circumstances that we did will go down in living memory as one of the greatest Leeds matches ever. Facing our sworn enemy for the first time in six years, at their toilet. The team we all hate, finally after all these years facing Leeds!

Whereas with Arsenal, it would be glamourous to beat another huge team but I've personally never had a problem with them so winning won't mean as much to me. Like you say, they play nice attacking football and I can sort of admire them. The only likeable club in the Sky 4.
"Forward towards Beckford, and the ball's over Brown. And this is Beckford. It just ran away from him but they're still going to strike it on goal, and SCORE in the Stretford End for Leeds United, and it doesn't get any better than that!"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by 1964white »

Up at 5.15/5.30am tomorrow - quick shower & then breakfast

On the train at 7am, meeting up with one of our SC members who is getting on at Brid

Looking forward to the Emirates experience. If we score i'll be over the moon, if we keep a clean sheet i'll be ecstatic :-D

See you tomorrow night folks with my jolly player ratings :shock:
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by becchio bear »

LUFCRACE wrote: just after I sent that message.... you came in then buggered off again, we saw you sneaking in and out!
:shock: I did and it was empty :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3873
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
Twitter: lufcrace
Location: Wakefield
Contact:

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by LUFCRACE »

becchio bear wrote:
:shock: I did and it was empty :evil: :bear:
no it wasn't. jo and i were there.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

Image
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
Image
User avatar
Toby
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: 3 Mins from ER

Re: Personal build up to arsenal match

Post by Toby »

Wan't to destory Arsenal!

if we lose i'll be gutted.
Post Reply