Re-introductions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Re-introductions

Post by 1964white »

revieboy wrote:Twiggs being a case in point :-D

and 64!! :-D
It's called rational constructive discussion :lol:

I was correct about the defense not being good enough at the beginning of the season & the wrong choice of captain

Oh & we are still waiting for that elusive top notch central defender :spider:

Moans over :lol:
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Dr.Leeds »

1964white wrote:Moans over :lol:
But for how long... :wink:
Image
scuudz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: Re-introductions

Post by scuudz »

Wow I was sure I had posted in this thread, but I guess I hadn't so here goes:

I'm 27, will be 28 next month, and from Mumbai (Bombay) in India. Family is not into football at all because the ONLY sport in India is cricket. Moved to Saudi Arabia soon after I was born as my dad worked there. Lived there for 15 years and moved back to India. FInished high school there and went on to get my Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation Engineering. Moved to the states (Ohio) to get my Master's degree, and lived there for a year. Moved to Canada and finished my Master's there as the university was willing to fund my education there (and I was dating a Canadian girl at the time). I now work for an engineering consulting firm in Canada as an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer. Work mostly on power plant projects.

Caught the Leeds drug when I was around 10 years old and watched the English football show every weekend in Saudi Arabia. Watched this team in white play a team in red (Liverpool) and secured a hard-fought draw. Never took notice of the other team. It was Leeds all the way in that game and ever since then. It was hard to keep up with the game back then, but it became easier when I moved back to India. So the first manager I remember properly was David O'Leary. Made the 'pilgrimage' to ER in 2003 was the season opener against Man City and we won 3-0. Goals scored by Viduka, Barmby and Keane. Venables' first game in charge. I will always be grateful that I got to watch the Chief put in a rock solid performance and he was named MOTM too.

Other highlights I remember include the 3-2 win at Highbury to stay up, beating scum last season and ofcourse the Bristol Rovers game.

Hobbies: Football, Cricket, Movies, Music, Technology, Food, Travel (Ive been to Saudi Arabia, India, England, SIngapore, USA, Canada, Hong Kong and Turkey so far).

Sports teams I support (in order of how fanatical I am about them): Team India (Cricket), LUFC, Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL team), Boston Bruins, New England Patriots

I currently live with the love of my life (different Canadian girl than the one I mentioned earlier). We have been together 3 years and keep this on the down low, but I plan to ask her to marry me very soon. :)
white.riot

Re: Re-introductions

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote: It's called rational constructive discussion :lol:

I was correct about the defense not being good enough at the beginning of the season & the wrong choice of captain

Oh & we are still waiting for that elusive top notch central defender :spider:

Moans over :lol:


Aye, a season too late. Keep up 64! Didn't you push 8 for boss at one point :wink:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Re-introductions

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:

Aye, a season too late. Keep up 64! Didn't you push 8 for boss at one point :wink:
Can't always be right

The whole defense has changed - We still need the quality midfielder & you agree with me on that point & both of us were a bit unsure how well Becchio would perform at this level, so in the end Grayson has made 6 changes so far, with the transfer window ongoing, my prediction of 8 may not be far off

Gradel's temperment after the Bristol R game was a worry for me & Johnson has been a major surprise where he has shown much more consistency in his new role
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Crude »

PaulUSA wrote:Occupation: Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
So when my bank goes tits up, your the person to call? :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78987
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Re-introductions

Post by The Subhuman »

scuudz wrote:Wow I was sure I had posted in this thread, but I guess I hadn't so here goes:

I'm 27, will be 28 next month, and from Mumbai (Bombay) in India.
My dad was born in Santa Cruz and lived in India till the age of 22 (educated in Simla) when the family returned to the UK after 3 generations
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Genghers »

ldj90 wrote:What year you in?? A school friend of mine is studying zoology at newcastle,in his 2nd year!
No way! Second year too! Small world as they say :-D
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155140
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Re-introductions

Post by 1964white »

Dr.Leeds wrote: But for how long... :wink:
I don't moan unless there is a need :lol:

Whilst everyone was all goggled-eyed & raving about our prospects i had my reservations on certain players/defence/midfield

Lets face it Grayson had to change it by the end October bringing in O'Brien & McCartney to shore up the defensive frailties

Credit to Larry he has identified most of the problems & resolved them effectively

WARNING : could be another moan on the horizon if Ken/Larry doesn't bring in a decent central midfielder :( Countdown to the 31st January
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Re: Re-introductions

Post by ldj90 »

Genghers wrote: No way! Second year too! Small world as they say :-D
haha! it is a small world! Patrick Woods is the fella if u know him?? if not he is about 6foot 7 (lanky bugger) and has a slight resemblance of Garreth Southgate! :-D
User avatar
LuFc MoT
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Re-introductions

Post by LuFc MoT »

Hi my name is Tom and my name on here is so boring but signed up one late night after one too many beers!

I am from COD Head country orginally but have always been a Leeds Fan for as long as I can remember!

It was probably the Leeds Shirt my grandma bought me with Dorigo on the back! :lol:

I am 25 and live and work in Leeds, live a stone's throw away from Elland Road which is Handy!!

Played Rugby Union for a number of years for School and Hull Ionians, Hooker as well! Was alright until a scrum collapsed one day and ruptured me neck!

Then went to Uni in Nottingham to Study Human Geography which doesnt sound as interesting as Zoology!

Thats me in a NutShell!
Tom Tom Tommity Tom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Genghers »

ldj90 wrote: haha! it is a small world! Patrick Woods is the fella if u know him?? if not he is about 6foot 7 (lanky bugger) and has a slight resemblance of Garreth Southgate! :-D
Indeed I do! Don't see the Southgate though :/
scuudz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: Re-introductions

Post by scuudz »

faaip wrote: My dad was born in Santa Cruz and lived in India till the age of 22 (educated in Simla) when the family returned to the UK after 3 generations
Wow small world! My family lived in Vile Parle when I was born.
Armleywhite

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Armleywhite »

OK, so to be serious, here's my story. I was born in Galicia, in the north west region of Spain, hence my affiliation to the Spanish teams. My mother was a porn star of spanish / malay extraction and my father was an ex Argentinian shemale dwarf who she met when the circus came to town. She sold me, when I was a small child to a semi wealthy couple on holiday in the region. They came from Leeds and brought me back and thats why I call Leeds my home.

My step father is cantancerous old sod, but he is daddy. He doesn't tell me much about his work, but I think it has summat to do with sport, but since all his business is from his mistresses home in Monaco I have to guess that he is a cleaner at some sports centre. He is a love, but I do wish he's shave his beard as it makes him look so much older. I also wish he'd take a course in people skills as his abrasive nature doesn't do him any favours.

My mother (adopted) is a wonderful woman who still makes pastries. She is a little non descript, but to me she's mummy.

My first Leeds game was the 1972 cup final and I fell in love with them at that point, not being a fan prior to that point. I was a season ticket hold for many years, but let it go when I joined the army. I saw active service and won 6 Victoria crosses for heroic tea making under fire. Since leaving the army I have been a shift worker, I did try my hand at singing and was a very good folk singer. Every time I sang, people would say "Oh folk"

I am now a shower attendant at Leeds Ladies college, it really is a rubbish job, but someone has to do it :mrgreen: . I go to Elland Road when I can.

So, thats where we are at the present time. Now you know the lot.

(by the way, some of that is total bolox and some of it is totally kosher guvner. Honest :) )
User avatar
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Re: Re-introductions

Post by revieboy »

What you been smoking Armley? :shock:
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Telepres »

Armleywhite wrote:My mother was a porn star of spanish / malay extraction and my father was an ex Argentinian shemale dwarf who she met when the circus came to town.
Since leaving the army I have been a shift worker, I did try my hand at singing and was a very good folk singer. Every time I sang, people would say "Oh folk"
I am now a shower attendant at Leeds Ladies college, it really is a rubbish job, but someone has to do it :mrgreen: . I go to Elland Road when I can.
:roflmao: :hahaha:
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Re-introductions

Post by PaulUSA »

Crude United wrote: So when my bank goes tits up, your the person to call? :wink:
Dan, just make sure not to keep more than $250,000 on deposit at any insured bank and you'll be just fine.

If you have too much money to spread around this way, maybe we can talk about making Uncle Ken an offer. :P
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Re-introductions

Post by PaulUSA »

Armleywhite wrote:OK, so to be serious, here's my story. I was born in Galicia, in the north west region of Spain, hence my affiliation to the Spanish teams. My mother was a porn star of spanish / malay extraction and my father was an ex Argentinian shemale dwarf who she met when the circus came to town. She sold me, when I was a small child to a semi wealthy couple on holiday in the region. They came from Leeds and brought me back and thats why I call Leeds my home.

My step father is cantancerous old sod, but he is daddy. He doesn't tell me much about his work, but I think it has summat to do with sport, but since all his business is from his mistresses home in Monaco I have to guess that he is a cleaner at some sports centre. He is a love, but I do wish he's shave his beard as it makes him look so much older. I also wish he'd take a course in people skills as his abrasive nature doesn't do him any favours.

My mother (adopted) is a wonderful woman who still makes pastries. She is a little non descript, but to me she's mummy.

My first Leeds game was the 1972 cup final and I fell in love with them at that point, not being a fan prior to that point. I was a season ticket hold for many years, but let it go when I joined the army. I saw active service and won 6 Victoria crosses for heroic tea making under fire. Since leaving the army I have been a shift worker, I did try my hand at singing and was a very good folk singer. Every time I sang, people would say "Oh folk"

I am now a shower attendant at Leeds Ladies college, it really is a rubbish job, but someone has to do it :mrgreen: . I go to Elland Road when I can.

So, thats where we are at the present time. Now you know the lot.

(by the way, some of that is total bolox and some of it is totally kosher guvner. Honest :) )
Twiggs, please make Armsley a mod again QUICK...ever since he removed his Mod shackles, he's been absolutely insufferable. :) :)

I know, go bollox!
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Re-introductions

Post by Dr.Leeds »

PaulUSA wrote:Twiggs, please make Armsley a mod again QUICK...ever since he removed his Mod shackles, he's been absolutely insufferable. :) :)

I know, go bollox!
You are looking back with rose tinted glasses there Paul. I'm pretty sure he was insufferable before.
Image
NFCC_LUFC85
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Re-introductions

Post by NFCC_LUFC85 »

My name is Richard and I am an infrequent poster on this forum, but pop in to have a read every now and again.

I am 25 and I'm originally from Morley and I'm living in Drighlington for the next few months before i move over to Kirkstall. My username was picked from when i was playing saturday football for New Farnley Cricket Club. I've not really been to that many games over the last few years due to me playing but starting Sunday football next season so season ticket time for me i think.

I am currently trying to set up my own 11 a side team so if anyone plays then get in touch as I am trying to get the ball rolling. I'll put it on another thread anyway but if you're interested then get in touch.
Post Reply