O/T - The movies / Television thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

Dr.Leeds wrote:Went ot see "The King's Speech" on Tuesday.

Very, very good. Opening scenes filmed at Elland Road too.
Heard it was a really long film?

On TV I been (again) catching up with some stuff I recorded. Justified - with the excellent Timothy Olyphant (I first saw in Hitman only recently and enjoyed that movie) - on 5 USA is very good. Like Sons of Anarchy in some ways, and having now watched episodes 1 and 2, I am eager to see more.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by MeeTa »

just saw paranomal activity 2...those type of films scare the living shite outta me...love it, wont be sleeping much tonite
Image
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Twiggster »

Just seen "The Italian Job" remake on telly...was ok, with a HOT chick, but it was missing MICHAEL CAINE badly...
User avatar
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by revieboy »

Gino 1959 wrote: Heard it was a really long film?

On TV I been (again) catching up with some stuff I recorded. Justified - with the excellent Timothy Olyphant (I first saw in Hitman only recently and enjoyed that movie) - on 5 USA is very good. Like Sons of Anarchy in some ways, and having now watched episodes 1 and 2, I am eager to see more.
bet this was a sight to behold

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/The ... 6682699.jp
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Dr.Leeds »

revieboy wrote:bet this was a sight to behold

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/The ... 6682699.jp
I thought they looked a bit too lively for The West Stand...
Image
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

Dr.Leeds wrote: I thought they looked a bit too lively for The West Stand...
Few MoT regulars in that picture...
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by The Subhuman »

I see the Yanks are getting their hands on and remaking The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...blasphemy
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote:I see the Yanks are getting their hands on and remaking The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...blasphemy
Which will probably involve them winning some war or other single-handedly....
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by JonTheBassist »

Anybody on here watch Little Britain? I just discovered it the other day...its hilarious :lol:

vicky pollard cracks me up..
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

JonTheBassist wrote:Anybody on here watch Little Britain? I just discovered it the other day...its hilarious :lol:

vicky pollard cracks me up..
Like some Peter Kay show I was forced to endure last night LB I do not get.

Ditto League of Gentlemen.

This - on the other hand - cracks me up.

Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by JonTheBassist »

Hahaha:) funny s**t :)
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by JonTheBassist »

MeeTa wrote:just saw paranomal activity 2...those type of films scare the living shite outta me...love it, wont be sleeping much tonite
Isnt your place haunted meeta? or am i mistaking you with someone else on here? cant remember...
anyways, i was completely bored in the new paranormal activity. The 1st one was waaay scarier.
Have you seen the fourth kind....similar but with alien abductions...
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79094
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Gino 1959 wrote: Like some Peter Kay show I was forced to endure last night LB I do not get.

Ditto League of Gentlemen.

This - on the other hand - cracks me up.

I agree wholeheartedly with those 4 statements....

"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

As I normally do with new series I taped the first few of both Boardwalk Empire and Blue Blood on Sky Atlantic. Have to say that both are worth the watch.

The former is like a prohibition-era Sopranos, while the latter follows in the fine tradition of Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and Southland.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by MeeTa »

JonTheBassist wrote: Isnt your place haunted meeta? or am i mistaking you with someone else on here? cant remember...
anyways, i was completely bored in the new paranormal activity. The 1st one was waaay scarier.
Have you seen the fourth kind....similar but with alien abductions...


ye my place is haunted, which is why those movies are scary. And i agree 1st one was scarier, but i quite liked both of them
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155345
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by 1964white »

The Hustle on now
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by CSA »

Barry Davies commentary hilarious...

Image
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by ldj90 »

MeeTa wrote:

ye my place is haunted, which is why those movies are scary. And i agree 1st one was scarier, but i quite liked both of them
People i know say the 2nd one was scarier! I've not seen it but i thought the first one was crap! what makes you believe your place is haunted??
User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by JonTheBassist »

User avatar
JonTheBassist
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: South Africa

Re: O/T - The movies / Television thread

Post by JonTheBassist »

WoW! My buddy came over with his external yesterday and put over 700 movies on my pc for me!!! its like christmas, theres so many excellent classics on there! totally amped :):):)
soo....i watched this last night, it brought back some memories from my childhood.....still a classic imo :P
I love 80s sci fi and horror flicks!

Enemy mine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy2wbgzUaD0
Post Reply