Osama Bin Laden DEAD

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote:We've got pictures of his dead body in our local paper - well his face (or whats left of it) is.
Amazing that the Rugley Herald got the pics before the national press, Jo! :lol:

Or was it this photoshop that is all over Facebook?

Image

User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Crude »

They haven't released pictures of Bin Laden yet. The one posted by Jo has been confirmed a fake and has been on the internet for a while, from what I know.

More info on the photo...
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... to-is-fake
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by CSA »

Twiggster wrote: Amazing that the Rugley Herald got the pics before the national press, Jo! :lol:

Or was it this photoshop that is all over Facebook?

Image

Looks like the 'Meat Feast' Special at 'The Flying Pizza'
Image
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Emsley »

This is a little up in the air at the moment until some real photos emerge.
You have to be pretty twisted to make a picture like that - gross.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Crude »

Gino 1959 wrote: I have as much interest in US politics as I have in Irish, but maybe (more cynically) this is in advance of the Big One next year for Obama?

Osama Bin Laden = A Damn Alien S.O.B. - maybe better to have dumped him in Area 51!
I think they legitimately got Bin Laden this time. Why it took so long to find him in a mansion surrounded by ex and current Pakistani military bigwigs seems very odd. Pakistan has alot of questions to answer. Regardles of that, this is a huge coup for the President Obama. Bush couldn't do it and from what I've read Obama was very dismayed by the lack of focus on Bin Laden when he became President, and made it huge goal of the Administration.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Emsley »

Pakistan or a dodgy set of buggers as it is - corrupt aint the word.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
kindestcut
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: Upstate New York, USA

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by kindestcut »

It's a strange day in the States today. Everything is normal, but different. The hooting and hollering you all saw on TV was a spontaneous act by people, many of which I would guess were drunk young people, who were caught up in a moment. I personally didn't care for it but I understand it. Let's just say I haven't seen anyone doing it today.

No one with an ounce of sense thinks this ends worldwide terrorism. That should be understood straight off. Killing bin Laden was never about that. This was revenge, pure and simple. And he deserved it. I'm glad he wasn't captured. I can't imagine the dog and pony show a trial would have created. It would have given bin Laden and his followers yet another platform. And then there would be the inevitable state execution with more statements and righteous indignation from the man who would get to stand firm and die a suitable martyr's death. This way it's done. He's dead. He has no grave for his admirers to visit. Good riddance.

I'm usually a pacifist. I hate war and anything that degrades human dignity. However, I truly believe the world is a better place without Osama bin Laden in it. I also hope that over time this isn't only presented as a relief for Americans but also for people throughout the world whose lives were affected by this scumbag. Now he can finally, after long last, begin burning in Hell.
Huddersfield_White
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Huddersfield_White »

if you've been following the wikileaks saga...

Al Qaida said if anything happened to OBL then the world would know a nuclear holocaust in Europe.

I don't underestimate those f*****s for one second. They are even more determined now. Ok Security is tight, Olympics will be virtually impossible for them to smuggle a nuke in. They probably wont hit England, they will go somewhere else. Italy is a good should with them helping out NATO recently... but This is not the end of terrorism, far from it.
Image
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by becchio bear »

David Cameron was so right when he said that Pakistan looked both ways. So what do we do? Apologise and give them millions/billions in taxpayers money :shock: Glad OBL is dead and glad it was the yanks that did it. Had it been us we would now be dithering as to what to do with him etc a la hook hanza :roll: The threat of terrorism is certainly not over, OBL has been taken out and someone will undoubtedly have taken his place. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by PaulUSA »

kindestcut wrote:It's a strange day in the States today. Everything is normal, but different. The hooting and hollering you all saw on TV was a spontaneous act by people, many of which I would guess were drunk young people, who were caught up in a moment. I personally didn't care for it but I understand it. Let's just say I haven't seen anyone doing it today.

No one with an ounce of sense thinks this ends worldwide terrorism. That should be understood straight off. Killing bin Laden was never about that. This was revenge, pure and simple. And he deserved it. I'm glad he wasn't captured. I can't imagine the dog and pony show a trial would have created. It would have given bin Laden and his followers yet another platform. And then there would be the inevitable state execution with more statements and righteous indignation from the man who would get to stand firm and die a suitable martyr's death. This way it's done. He's dead. He has no grave for his admirers to visit. Good riddance.

I'm usually a pacifist. I hate war and anything that degrades human dignity. However, I truly believe the world is a better place without Osama bin Laden in it. I also hope that over time this isn't only presented as a relief for Americans but also for people throughout the world whose lives were affected by this scumbag. Now he can finally, after long last, begin burning in Hell.
Great post, KC. I'm with you all the way. There's a sense of a grievous wrong being avenged, but no celebration that I've seen. Mostly a sober sense of one mission being accomplished, but certainly not an end to the matter. Apprehension about what may be next. Hope that this has a long-term positive impact.

As usual, we can thank our dear media for finding the pockets of "Yanks Gone Daft" and putting them out there for all the world to see. It might help with their ratings, but it's completely misrepresenting what's really going on in people's minds today.

So it goes!
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Crude »

kindestcut wrote:It's a strange day in the States today. Everything is normal, but different. The hooting and hollering you all saw on TV was a spontaneous act by people, many of which I would guess were drunk young people, who were caught up in a moment. I personally didn't care for it but I understand it. Let's just say I haven't seen anyone doing it today.
The "celebrations" were weird to me. Alot of college-aged guys, who probably weren't even teenagers when 9-11 happened. Huge props to the men who carried that mission out, even with losing a helicopter and returning with everyone safety with the body of public enemy #1. Props to the CIC for authorizing the mission and keeping the eye on the ball.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by MeeTa »

Image
Image
User avatar
essexwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: scotland

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by essexwhite »

MeeTa wrote:Two down, one to go
Millions to go! :|

I bet he didnt get a good burial either,,I bet he was just dumped in the sea!

Coward hid behind a woman at the end,,

Good ridance!
Image
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Telepres »

You Americans haven't heard the best today. On BBC News earlier, they were discussing whether he was disposed of in an honorary manner. Just unbelievable. I personally would have put him in a burning building, on a very high floor, with the window the only option of escape, just so he could feel the terror felt by those ordinary, harmless people who just went to work for the day and ending up having to throw themselves to the ground below.

Never been so shaken by an event (certainly one in another country) as I was by that day. This basically closes the book on that day's events.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by MeeTa »

essexwhite wrote: Millions to go! :|

I bet he didnt get a good burial either,,I bet he was just dumped in the sea!

Coward hid behind a woman at the end,,

Good ridance!

i was thinking saddam, bin laden, and fergie scum as the one to go :wink:
Image
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Crude »

Telepres wrote:You Americans haven't heard the best today. On BBC News earlier, they were discussing whether he was disposed of in an honorary manner. Just unbelievable. I personally would have put him in a burning building, on a very high floor, with the window the only option of escape, just so he could feel the terror felt by those ordinary, harmless people who just went to work for the day and ending up having to throw themselves to the ground below.

Never been so shaken by an event (certainly one in another country) as I was by that day. This basically closes the book on that day's events.
Instead of denying burial traditions and debasing OBL's body, the amount of political goodwill the US gains is enormous in the rest of the Muslim world, whom 99.999% are NOT terrorists. In a warfare of this nature, positive public relations is just as important as having the will to use force when necessary.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
essexwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: scotland

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by essexwhite »

How the Pakistanis didnt know he was living there is beyond me.
Image
Armleywhite

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Armleywhite »

OBL was no longer involved in the day to day running of Al Qaeda and as such is a bit of an operational waste of time. However, the fact they may have got their man is a bit of a coup for the US. However, lets face it, what proof is there that a) it really is him and b) we still have to believe the BS the powers that be are telling the truth!

I did find it rather funny that they painted him a desperate coward at the end. All smells of a prelude to something much bigger imo. More terrorism, more arms, more soldiers to the region.

My personal belief is that he was killed a few years ago but the story he escaped was put out so that they could continue to justify the war in the region. This is just the end of that chapter. Will it alter owt? Nope!

Once again, main stream reporting putting out the bollocks of those in charge, without question!
Armleywhite

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by Armleywhite »

Crude United wrote: Instead of denying burial traditions and debasing OBL's body, the amount of political goodwill the US gains is enormous in the rest of the Muslim world, whom 99.999% are NOT terrorists. In a warfare of this nature, positive public relations is just as important as having the will to use force when necessary.
Not an issue at all of respecting burial rights, it all about them telling us that they have saved us and us believing every word!! If thsi really was him then why not have independant tests to prove it 100%. This is just another Hitler dragged to the garden shot, poisoned and then burnt beyond recognition.
User avatar
kindestcut
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: Upstate New York, USA

Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Post by kindestcut »

Armleywhite wrote:Not an issue at all of respecting burial rights, it all about them telling us that they have saved us and us believing every word!! If thsi really was him then why not have independant tests to prove it 100%. This is just another Hitler dragged to the garden shot, poisoned and then burnt beyond recognition.
I think this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moment. If you keep the body you are accused of not respecting Muslim burial tradition. If you bury (or in this instance dump into the sea) the body before the next dawn, as is Muslim tradition, you risk fueling the fire of every conspiracy theorist (and right wing nutjob in the US who is looking for another reason to criticize Obama. The Hitler example is very apt. Personally, I don't believe OBL deserved any respect but I understand the political ramifications.
Post Reply