Scum v Schalke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Dr.Leeds »

joluafc4eva wrote:I do think its funny how scum got the easier of the two semi final ties to get to the final.
What are the chances of that, eh?

(I'll give you a clue, it's 1 in 3...) :wink:
Image
joluafc4eva

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by joluafc4eva »

Dr.Leeds wrote: What are the chances of that, eh?

(I'll give you a clue, it's 1 in 3...) :wink:
I know that - but still think its funny.
Armleywhite

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Armleywhite »

Barca didn't have to try to hard to get there. Lets just pray that Barca do the business in the final.

I'll be wearing my genuine top for the night. :lol:
User avatar
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Mooching about..

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by mchldavies7 »

You cant win a football match without the ball..n Barca will have it 75% of the time and they know how to use it :wink: they also quite good at getting it back too if youve noticed?..cant build much of a case for the scum pulling it off :)
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7373
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Leeds.

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Emsley »

die at Wembley you bastards! :-D
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote:Barca didn't have to try to hard to get there. Lets just pray that Barca do the business in the final.

I'll be wearing my genuine top for the night. :lol:
Jack Daniels t.shirt? :lol:
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Telepres »

joluafc4eva wrote:I do think its funny how scum got the easier of the two semi final ties to get to the final.
Tbf, the plan was for them to get Inter, who would be more tactically able and would give a tough game. That went out of the window when Stankovic blasted the ball in for Inter from the halfway line in the 1st Leg against Schalke :-D
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by PaulUSA »

HarryofOz wrote:I think Man Utd will beat Barcelona. Should be a very good game though. Two quality football teams that are enjoyable to watch.
Oh, stop being so reasonable and objective! At a time like this, having just missed the playoffs and all, the least you could do is spout some good old-fashioned anti-scum rhetoric. You've taken the oath, now please stop being the Reasonable Man. :mrgreen:
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Twiggster »

Still begs the question tho. How did Schalke destroy the current CL holders home and away...yet rolled over for scum home and away? A keeper who Real publicly sought to buy last week punches the ball into his own net this eve?
Brown paper envelopes involved, I feel?
Come ON Barca! Crush the scum cheats in the final!
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by PaulUSA »

Twiggster wrote:Still begs the question tho. How did Schalke destroy the current CL holders home and away...yet rolled over for scum home and away? A keeper who Real publicly sought to buy last week punches the ball into his own net this eve?
Brown paper envelopes involved, I feel?
Come ON Barca! Crush the scum cheats in the final!
Payola!!
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by HarryofOz »

PaulUSA wrote: Payola!!

You know what's really suspicious. That team that beat the runaway leaders of their league 2-0, totally outplaying them. And also lost 6-4 to the team that finished bottom. And they led 4-1 in that match. Very very very suspicious that.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by HarryofOz »

joluafc4eva wrote: I know that - but still think its funny.
Actually the draw for the semi finals is done at the same time as the quarters. So Man Utd were drawn to play the winner of the Schalke - Inter Milan tie. Inter Milan being the current holders and winners of the last 5 Serie A titles.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Armleywhite

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote: Jack Daniels t.shirt? :lol:
hahahahaha. My head hurts!
User avatar
wisconsinWHITE
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by wisconsinWHITE »

So the CL final comes down to a team I hate and have absolutely no respect for (Barcelona) vs. a team I hate but at least can offer the smallest thread of professional respect to (Scum)...

Just hope both clubs go off the deep end once their respective managers leave and the teams are forever dissolved.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Twiggster »

wisconsinWHITE wrote:So the CL final comes down to a team I hate and have absolutely no respect for (Barcelona) vs. a team I hate but at least can offer the smallest thread of professional respect to (Scum)...

Just hope both clubs go off the deep end once their respective managers leave and the teams are forever dissolved.
:shock: Thought you were a Leeds fan? FFS man!
User avatar
wisconsinWHITE
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by wisconsinWHITE »

Twiggster wrote: :shock: Thought you were a Leeds fan? FFS man!
I can hate the fans, SAF, the players, et al. But I can also respect that they, as a team, have won everything under the sun. Would you rather the divey cheats of Barca win it? I'm a Leeds fan, yes, but I'm also a football fan. I respect players like Ryan Giggs, even if he's Scum to the core. It's called professionalism.

Hate the Scum all you like, just as I do. But at least respect the fact that they play football the way it should be played. Theyre a team that reflects the closeness of upbringing and dire tenacity of Revie's Leeds, and to ignore that fact is just blind fandome.

I f*cking hate Manchester United, but Barcelona are a fraud.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Twiggster »

No Wiscy. I will NOT respect the way that scum have cheated, complained, harassed referees and bought their way to success, with the total fawning media promoting them. They are SCUM and detested.
Shame on you, as a Leeds fan, for even suggesting ANY respect for them.
"Respect" is NOT a word I have ever or WILL ever use concerning those fekkers.

SHAME ON YOU.
Edit to add: Barca are a FANS club, who play wonderful football. They don't cheat or buy their way to success - they just play great soccer. I'm not a fan, but I love the way they play.

P.S. ANYONE BUT SCUM should be on your lips in the final, if you are a Leeds fan. :mrgreen:
User avatar
wisconsinWHITE
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by wisconsinWHITE »

Twiggster wrote:No Wiscy. I will NOT respect the way that scum have cheated, complained, harassed referees and bought their way to success, with the total fawning media promoting them. They are SCUM and detested.
Shame on you, as a Leeds fan, for even suggesting ANY respect for them.
"Respect" is NOT a word I have ever or WILL ever use concerning those fekkers.

SHAME ON YOU.

Those claims can be tossed around for any "big" club. Face it - if we wouldnt have tanked in the early 2000's, we would be right up there; we threw around big money, too. And over the last few years, the "fawning media" has been continually snubbed by SAF. You're entitled to your opinion. At the end of the day, you're a fan, just like me. By your logic, we should all vehemently hate every "big" side. I'm simply asking for consistency. It's one thing to hate a club simply for being a club. But at the very least, have some dignity and class.
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Telepres »

I have respect for Ferguson, with his ability to get 100% out of his players for however long the game is. What is a shame is that he ruins that great work by encouraging diving, cheating, harassing, shoving, assaults and many other methods to beat opponents.

I'll also say that I have some respect for players such as Scholes and Neville. Yes, they may be pricks on the field, but what matters more is their behaviour in life. I would abuse Neville to the best of my abusing abilities while sat in a football ground, but wouldn't care one jot if I passed him in the street.

Rooney is a different matter though. Low-life piece of s**t.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Scum v Schalke

Post by Twiggster »

wisconsinWHITE wrote: But at the very least, have some dignity and class.
Something that scum have NEVER had...something OUR club has always had.
Go figure.
Post Reply