anyone who had their hearts set on promotion in november deserves to get it broken now. season ends in may, not november, and we're leeds united, since when did we do what we expect to do?essexwhite wrote: Well its still soul destroying because we had our hearts set on thinking we were going up!
Whats the point?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Whats the point?
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Whats the point?
Since Twiggs said we would!LUFCRACE wrote: anyone who had their hearts set on promotion in november deserves to get it broken now. season ends in may, not november, and we're leeds united, since when did we do what we expect to do?

- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Whats the point?
What a bizarre thread. But T has given me an idea. Leeds should sell all their local players and buy only immigrants, alcoholics and drug addicts. That way they'd get free accommodation and we could pay them less, allowing us to drop our ticket prices.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Whats the point?
if you're believing things Twiggs is telling you then you're dafter than I thought!essexwhite wrote: Since Twiggs said we would!
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Whats the point?
Most of the players nowadays are immigrants arent they?HarryofOz wrote:What a bizarre thread. But T has given me an idea. Leeds should sell all their local players and buy only immigrants, That way they'd get free accommodation and we could pay them less, allowing us to drop our ticket prices.

- kindestcut
- Youth Team

- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location: Upstate New York, USA
Re: Whats the point?
Man, I wish "brown people" had it so good in the States as they apparently have it in the UK. Here, they have to work their asses off cooking our food, mowing our lawns, building our houses, cleaning our homes, washing our clothes, picking our vegetables, etc., etc., etc., plus live with a lifetime of prejudice and hatred. Interesting.
Anyway, back to the actual subject at hand. I'm disappointed but I'm a Leeds fan. If I didn't care about every game, whether or not it was outside the chance of promotion or playoffs, I wouldn't be here. Every win is worth something. Players learn from every minute on the pitch. If you love Leeds, I don't think you should only love them when they succeed.
Anyway, back to the actual subject at hand. I'm disappointed but I'm a Leeds fan. If I didn't care about every game, whether or not it was outside the chance of promotion or playoffs, I wouldn't be here. Every win is worth something. Players learn from every minute on the pitch. If you love Leeds, I don't think you should only love them when they succeed.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Whats the point?
QPR? PREMIERSHIP? YER HAVING A LAUGH!
We pwn3d QPR twice this season. that is an achievement :shoot:
We pwn3d QPR twice this season. that is an achievement :shoot:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- wisconsinWHITE
- Ballboy

- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
Re: Whats the point?
Twiggs, you b*stard.essexwhite wrote: Since Twiggs said we would!
-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: Whats the point?
Emsley wrote:QPR? PREMIERSHIP? YER HAVING A LAUGH!
We pwn3d QPR twice this season. that is an achievement :shoot:
QPR have enough money to buy barcelona 98 times, they'll do just fine in the premiership

-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Whats the point?
Believe it when I see it.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Whats the point?
Ignoring your first paragraph and moving to your second.....kindestcut wrote:Man, I wish "brown people" had it so good in the States as they apparently have it in the UK. Here, they have to work their asses off cooking our food, mowing our lawns, building our houses, cleaning our homes, washing our clothes, picking our vegetables, etc., etc., etc., plus live with a lifetime of prejudice and hatred. Interesting.
Anyway, back to the actual subject at hand. I'm disappointed but I'm a Leeds fan. If I didn't care about every game, whether or not it was outside the chance of promotion or playoffs, I wouldn't be here. Every win is worth something. Players learn from every minute on the pitch. If you love Leeds, I don't think you should only love them when they succeed.
i agree wholeheartedly especially your words "I don't think you should only love them when they succeed". Let's face it we've finished top half of the table, haven't spent any time this season fighting relegation, now let's look to next season
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Whats the point?
Then it's you that just doesn't get it...essexwhite wrote: I dont care really!

- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Whats the point?
I second that docDr.Leeds wrote: Then it's you that just doesn't get it...
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Whats the point?
I dont get what?
Yes Leeds played and they won,,and??
Dont you get that for nearly a whole season we thought we were going up,,Twiggs said we were,,and they flipped us right at the last hurdle,,,dont you think I have the right to be disapointed!
Yes Leeds played and they won,,and??
Dont you get that for nearly a whole season we thought we were going up,,Twiggs said we were,,and they flipped us right at the last hurdle,,,dont you think I have the right to be disapointed!

- kindestcut
- Youth Team

- Posts: 162
- Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location: Upstate New York, USA
Re: Whats the point?
No one said you didn't have the right to be disappointed. We all are."essexwhite wrote:I dont get what?
Yes Leeds played and they won,,and??
Dont you get that for nearly a whole season we thought we were going up,,Twiggs said we were,,and they flipped us right at the last hurdle,,,dont you think I have the right to be disapointed!
*Edit: Except Jo
Last edited by kindestcut on Sat May 07, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Dr.Leeds
- Superstar

- Posts: 8966
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
- Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
- Location: Sunny Doncaster
Re: Whats the point?
Of course. Given where we were at one point we are all disappointed. Disappointed is caring.essexwhite wrote:I dont get what?
Yes Leeds played and they won,,and??
Dont you get that for nearly a whole season we thought we were going up,,Twiggs said we were,,and they flipped us right at the last hurdle,,,dont you think I have the right to be disapointed!
What you don't seem to get is that support doesn't stop when the final placings are decided. Should a fan stop caring about their team's performance the minute they can't go up and can't go down?
When pride is all the team have to play for they should bloody well play for it. Not just theirs, but ours too.

- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
Re: Whats the point?
I am,,a few weeks ago we were in playoff position and we had a chance.joluafc4eva wrote:Im not disappointed - I knew we wouldnt go up.

-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: Whats the point?
exactly.Dr.Leeds wrote: Of course. Given where we were at one point we are all disappointed. Disappointed is caring.
What you don't seem to get is that support doesn't stop when the final placings are decided. Should a fan stop caring about their team's performance the minute they can't go up and can't go down?
When pride is all the team have to play for they should bloody well play for it. Not just theirs, but ours too.
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
