The Visual/Music Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Following on from my previous clip, which got lost in a barrage of Bon Jovi posts....
More very rare Antony Hegarty.



I really love his early stuff like this. Raw and gutsy, compared to the media friendly drivel he makes today. :thup:


User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Following on from my previous clip, which got lost in a barrage of Bon Jovi posts....
More very rare Antony Hegarty.



I really love his early stuff like this. Raw and gutsy, compared to the media friendly drivel he makes today. :thup:


Not lost Twiggs, I was just trying to resist commenting.

Looks like I failed!

Priceless video.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Armleywhite

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:Following on from my previous clip, which got lost in a barrage of Bon Jovi posts....
More very rare Antony Hegarty.



I really love his early stuff like this. Raw and gutsy, compared to the media friendly drivel he makes today. :thup:


Quality
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Guildford White wrote:
Now I've heard these songs, I may try to give Antony's more recent stuff a re listen....









































NOT! :twisted:
Armleywhite

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Armleywhite »

Just disciverd this chap.. I know, i know you lot have been aware for ages, but I do like this.

User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Armleywhite wrote:Just disciverd this chap.. I know, i know you lot have been aware for ages, but I do like this.

Is it popular?

If so it must be Bolox and I shan't bother listening.

If you can reassure me it is appropriately obscure I'll give it a go. :wink:
Image
Armleywhite

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Armleywhite »

I have no idea whatsoever!! However, I like it.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Armleywhite wrote:I have no idea whatsoever!! However, I like it.
Better not risk it then, just to be on the safe side...
Image
Armleywhite

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Armleywhite »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
Better not risk it then, just to be on the safe side...
Aye, best leave the music police tucked up safie n ther beds..
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Twiggster »

Armleywhite wrote:I have no idea whatsoever!! However, I like it.
If you like that check out Johnny Mathis, Si. That track reminded me SO much of the King of the Crooners. :thup:
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Gino 1959 »

Armleywhite wrote: Aye, best leave the music police tucked up safie n ther beds..
Those the ones with the riot shields :?:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Dr.Leeds »

A treat for Gino...

Image
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by revie-era »

Armleywhite wrote:Just disciverd this chap.. I know, i know you lot have been aware for ages, but I do like this.

Mrs R is a big Hawley fan, we went to see him at St George's Hall a couple of years ago at the time of his Lady's Bridge albumn and he was superb.
Coles Corner is also a fair albumn, but his latest - Trueloves Gutter is a much darker affair.
For me, each albumn has some great tracks, but there's also plenty of filler in there.
white.riot

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by white.riot »

The day the music died . . . .

Squeezing out sparks :shock:
Eblis Presley
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Eblis Presley »

I hope all MD threaders will join me in expressing heartfelt sympathy for all the intrepid folk at Glastonbury who had first to battle through the lottery of securing a ticket and now some very inclement weather only to be 'rewarded' with the truly turgid U2 as Friday night headliners.

Hope may be at hand as I hear UK Uncut are endeavouring to mount some sort of protest to highlight the base hypocrisy of serial tax dodgers constantly lecturing ordinary people about the discrepancy in income between the world's richest and poorest. If it amounts to no more than a dozen scruffy soap-dodgers screaming incohernetly through tinny megaphones it will at least make proceedings a shade more melodic.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Eblis Presley wrote:I hope all MD threaders will join me in expressing heartfelt sympathy for all the intrepid folk at Glastonbury who had first to battle through the lottery of securing a ticket and now some very inclement weather only to be 'rewarded' with the truly turgid U2 as Friday night headliners.

Hope may be at hand as I hear UK Uncut are endeavouring to mount some sort of protest to highlight the base hypocrisy of serial tax dodgers constantly lecturing ordinary people about the discrepancy in income between the world's richest and poorest. If it amounts to no more than a dozen scruffy soap-dodgers screaming incohernetly through tinny megaphones it will at least make proceedings a shade more melodic.

If they hang around they do get the wonderful Beyonce, tomorrow night is it?...and they have had BB king (sublime as ever) and...........................

You're right though, last thing I'd want is to be preached to by musicians, or I could have just posted

F%&k off!!

but the impact is lessened here :wink:
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Eblis Presley
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Eblis Presley »

faaip wrote: If they hang around they do get the wonderful Beyonce, tomorrow night is it?...and they have had BB king (sublime as ever) and...........................

You're right though, last thing I'd want is to be preached to by musicians, or I could have just posted

F%&k off!!

but the impact is lessened here :wink:
When in Rome faaip..

And tell me, honestly, what's not to love?


sdfds
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79072
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Eblis Presley wrote:
When in Rome faaip..

And tell me, honestly, what's not to love?


sdfds

no sarcasm there at all mate.. I'm a fan. I'll be recording it. I've got the image of Tele being front and centre at Glastonbury with the trite U2 and the banal Coldplay performing...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote:

no sarcasm there at all mate.. I'm a fan. I'll be recording it. I've got the image of Tele being front and centre at Glastonbury with the trite U2 and the banal Coldplay performing...
stop dissing U2 :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
Telepres
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2151
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: O/T The Music Discussion Thread

Post by Telepres »

becchio bear wrote:
stop dissing U2 :evil: :bear:
People hate U2 so much, they can't help but post their feelings about them so often. They are so naff, that they wait til they have performed a diluted set-list in crap weather, then have to demonstrate their lack of affection for the band they can't help talking about.



Anyway, I've seen them live and they created a fantastic moment of my life, so I'm happy. They were entertaining TV for me tonight :jump:
Post Reply