Feeling Depressed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
harpoongun
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:51 am

Feeling Depressed

Post by harpoongun »

I've been a Leeds United fan now since 1981.. (Nice time to start following them, relegation) well i've got to be honest with you and say i feel quite depressed about the club at the moment.. I'm just tired now of Grayson coming out and saying " we're not just going to bring in anybody, we need players who are going to make Leeds better" this happened in January when we all know nothing happened which knackered our season.. Then we got the ( Better ) players in... (Livermore) etc etc and the wheels just come off. I thought this close season we'd try and kick on but no.. It seems to me that we get past the deal to bring players to our club until we get the players in to discuss wages etc.. Then in all breaks down. Well, i'm worried that with massive season ticket prices and a s**t squad this season we're going nowhere. It feels like Mr Bates wants that though.. Nothing, and i mean nothing positive is coming out of Leeds at the moment..... Is it me or do you all feel the same...
User avatar
Kepler
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
Location: Copenhagen

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by Kepler »

not me. I actualy like the fact that for once we might not have 7-8 new players. But just need a GK, (LB) and CM(2), And I would rather have Grayson wait and get a player he want's at the right price, that have him just go out and overspend on someone that might be the right player
Image

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
User avatar
MaccaMJ
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Lincoln; from Bradford.

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by MaccaMJ »

I'm not some much depressed as i am inpatient. I can't get upset that two seasons ago we were in league one and last year we almost got play-offs in our first season. That shows a massive amount progress. I just want to see us get set up soon so we can't start gelling and getting a team together to push for promotion.

Grayson has not yet given me a reason to doubt his ability as a manager, so i'll keep the faith for now.
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by HarryofOz »

Too early to feel depressed. Wait and see what happens.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by Gino 1959 »

MaccaMJ wrote:I'm not some much depressed as i am inpatient. I can't get upset that two seasons ago we were in league one and last year we almost got play-offs in our first season. That shows a massive amount progress. I just want to see us get set up soon so we can't start gelling and getting a team together to push for promotion.
If you get too depressed you might end up as one of these!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote:Too early to feel depressed. Wait and see what happens.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
what Harry said :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

harpoongun wrote:I've been a Leeds United fan now since 1981.. (Nice time to start following them, relegation) well i've got to be honest with you and say i feel quite depressed about the club at the moment.. I'm just tired now of Grayson coming out and saying " we're not just going to bring in anybody, we need players who are going to make Leeds better" this happened in January when we all know nothing happened which knackered our season.. Then we got the ( Better ) players in... (Livermore) etc etc and the wheels just come off. I thought this close season we'd try and kick on but no.. It seems to me that we get past the deal to bring players to our club until we get the players in to discuss wages etc.. Then in all breaks down. Well, i'm worried that with massive season ticket prices and a crap squad this season we're going nowhere. It feels like Mr Bates wants that though.. Nothing, and i mean nothing positive is coming out of Leeds at the moment..... Is it me or do you all feel the same...
I communicate with many Leeds fans & the majority feel as you do

All i can say is no matter how much you love Leeds United, please don't let them get you down or depressed with negative feelngs. They don't give a monkeys chuff about the fans views so my advice is to treat them with the same disrespect

Yes they charge the highest ticket prices outside the top six premiership clubs & yes they are not prepared to invest in quality players in the main therefore my take on the matter is i continue to support my team home & away purchasing tickets but they receive precious little monies on other LU products. I refuse to purchase LUTV, food & merchandise at ER, etc.
I use to buy the home & away shirts every season & always went home with a programme, also bought in the club shop regularly, now that has ceased thanks to the greed of Bates, i suspect many other fans have done the same !

Stop worrying about our management's business procedures for your own sanity, there are more important things in life & lets face it we all suffer problems during our lives which we have to deal with. You can guarantee Uncle Ken won't be worrying or concerned about you Harpoon
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote:
I communicate with many Leeds fans & the majority feel as you do....You can guarantee Uncle Ken won't be worrying or concerned about you Harpoon
Was in different under previous regimes, '64? Was there a time when you felt that the club actually did give a sh!t about the fans? I get the impression that the advent of the Prem turned football into a business and not a sport to be enjoyed - in the main - by the man (and woman) in the street.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:
Was in different under previous regimes, '64? Was there a time when you felt that the club actually did give a sh!t about the fans? I get the impression that the advent of the Prem turned football into a business and not a sport to be enjoyed - in the main - by the man (and woman) in the street.
I think football clubs were different many years ago. Yes the event of Sky/premiership changed all that & greed within football organisations from top to bottom is rife.

I certainly don't have the same affinity with the majority of the players managers,etc as i did decades ago

I had the upmost respect for Lucas Radebe who not only was a fine player for Leeds but a very kind, generous man.

A true gentleman !
User avatar
Joy S
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by Joy S »

Its greed in general, not just in football.
I guess there are a few clubs that would prefer to just concentrate on playing football ,but have to comply with the demands of Sky.
I'm not depressed. I dont wake up every day wondering if Leeds have signed someone, thats a surefire way to a heart attack
Enjoy football for what it is, a hobby, a pastime, Saturday entertainmment. Life is too short to be making yourself feel ill over Leeds United.
joluafc4eva

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by joluafc4eva »

There was a time when I had family and friends and Leeds were just a pastime, summat I enjoyed on a Saturday.

Since I lost most of my family through cancer and have now got the disease myself, I find Leeds Utd are the only thing to keep me going. I focus totally on them.

Hubby, son and me very rarely go out, infact the only time Dan and I go out is to watch Leeds.

I do feel that if I still had my family around me, I would feel different.

The only reason I have cancer treatment is cos at the moment it enables me to carry on going up to Leeds.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

Joy S wrote:Its greed in general, not just in football.
I guess there are a few clubs that would prefer to just concentrate on playing football ,but have to comply with the demands of Sky.
I'm not depressed. I dont wake up every day wondering if Leeds have signed someone, thats a surefire way to a heart attack
Enjoy football for what it is, a hobby, a pastime, Saturday entertainmment. Life is too short to be making yourself feel ill over Leeds United.
The right attitude Joy

So many on here must have been disappointed by the end of last season

Toby had us finishing as champions :roll: many others were convinced we'd make the play-offs

For me the writing was on the wall from January/February that we were heading one way & one way only, in the end i was going to the games more in hope than a positive feel, my attitude of what will be will be helped me stay relaxed whilst other fans around me at games were fuming & in despair !

Like you say, life is to short !
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

joluafc4eva wrote:There was a time when I had family and friends and Leeds were just a pastime, summat I enjoyed on a Saturday.

Since I lost most of my family through cancer and have now got the disease myself, I find Leeds Utd are the only thing to keep me going. I focus totally on them.

Hubby, son and me very rarely go out, infact the only time Dan and I go out is to watch Leeds.

I do feel that if I still had my family around me, I would feel different.

The only reason I have cancer treatment is cos at the moment it enables me to carry on going up to Leeds.
Very sad to hear that Jo & i do understand how you must feel

To some folk there football club is a lifeline !
joluafc4eva

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by joluafc4eva »

1964white wrote:
Very sad to hear that Jo & i do understand how you must feel

To some folk there football club is a lifeline !
Exactly '64 - my lifeline.
User avatar
MaccaMJ
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:50 am
Location: Lincoln; from Bradford.

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by MaccaMJ »

Gino 1959 wrote:
If you get too depressed you might end up as one of these!
Typo sorry, i said i'm not depressed with the state of affairs, i just want us to get signings out of the way so we can get fully prepared for the season. Not a big ask is it?
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by weasel »

No point signing just for the sake of it. We hardly want another Livermore fiasco where we sign someone and then sell them on a few days later when our preferred target became available. If it takes 2 weeks or 2 months to sign the player hopefull it wil be worth the wait because it will be a player that the club wanted rather than just who was available at the time.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:No point signing just for the sake of it. We hardly want another Livermore fiasco where we sign someone and then sell them on a few days later when our preferred target became available. If it takes 2 weeks or 2 months to sign the player hopefull it wil be worth the wait because it will be a player that the club wanted rather than just who was available at the time.
We not signing anyone because the decent players are acquiring better deals elsewhere !

If we have to wait two months for these so called preferred targets, we will be lagging behind the promotion hopefuls as we did last year when we fannied around in the transfer window, lo & behold we did the same thing in the January window & the lack of activity cost us a play-off place

I'm sure you & others will come up some constructive excuse for the fiasco we endure in every transfer window but the truth is we are doing everything on the cheap & if we don't get our act together soon the likes of Gradel, Howson, Snoddy, etc will begin to wonder if the club have any ambition & our better players will be off to pastures new as decent players want to play with good players & not monkeys
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19690
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by weasel »

Yes we are doing things on the cheap but by the same token we haven't (as yet) cashed in on some of our better players. Bates wants us to get promoted just isn't going to go cash crazy. When I looked at our squad list of players going to Scotland I felt quite happy that we have some really decent players. We don't need as many signings as last year, we don't need to panic buy we simply need to find 1 or 2 players to improve he team, not squad fillers. If Leicester were so amazing last year why do they need to buy loads of players? It is just Sven's style wherever he has been.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by Twiggster »

weasel wrote:No point signing just for the sake of it. We hardly want another Livermore fiasco where we sign someone and then sell them on a few days later when our preferred target became available. If it takes 2 weeks or 2 months to sign the player hopefull it wil be worth the wait because it will be a player that the club wanted rather than just who was available at the time.
THIS - 100% :thup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155130
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Feeling Depressed

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Yes we are doing things on the cheap but by the same token we haven't (as yet) cashed in on some of our better players. Bates wants us to get promoted just isn't going to go cash crazy. When I looked at our squad list of players going to Scotland I felt quite happy that we have some really decent players. We don't need as many signings as last year, we don't need to panic buy we simply need to find 1 or 2 players to improve he team, not squad fillers. If Leicester were so amazing last year why do they need to buy loads of players? It is just Sven's style wherever he has been.
Similar to us Leicester had a few loanies last season which they have had to replace. The Foxes started slowly last season & only began to make headway up the table after the xmas period, in the end they only finished five points behind Leeds

Leicester were probably one of the best footballing sides i saw last season so i was surprised they miss out on the play-offs, although defensively their goals against were similar to ours, they have spent big money strenthening their defence so i expect them to significantly improve on their finishing position of 10th in 2010/11
Post Reply