o/t Smart phone
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
o/t Smart phone
My current mobile contract has just expired. Time for an upgrade. I've rejected the idea of a smart phone in the past but am now thinking of getting one.
Anyone recommend one or say that one should definitely be avoided?
Cheers
Anyone recommend one or say that one should definitely be avoided?
Cheers
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155168
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: o/t Smart phone
I was going to post up the same thread Harry as i need to purchase a smart phone soon
Spoken to quite a few friends & i'm getting favourable views for the I-Phone, HTC Desire & the Samsung Galaxy
New I Phone 5 on the market soon
I'm confused !
Spoken to quite a few friends & i'm getting favourable views for the I-Phone, HTC Desire & the Samsung Galaxy
New I Phone 5 on the market soon
I'm confused !
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: o/t Smart phone
Cheers Leon, there was an article in the newspaper recently rating three of the best smart phone (android) competitors to the I-phone. Two of them were the Samsung Galaxy (can't remember the particular model) and the HTC Desire HD and now I can't remember the third.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: o/t Smart phone
Well i've got a Blackberry and can't wait for my fecking contract to expire
Never again!! Hope that helps
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: o/t Smart phone
I was expecting that response from you Angela.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: o/t Smart phone
glad I didn't disappointHarryofOz wrote:I was expecting that response from you Angela.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: o/t Smart phone
Galaxy S 2 is great, I didn't go for it as they wanted far to much.
Desire S, Desire HD are both mega.
I would avoid, Wildfire S, any mini phones and the Iphone.
Desire S, Desire HD are both mega.
I would avoid, Wildfire S, any mini phones and the Iphone.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: o/t Smart phone
Thanks Mav
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: o/t Smart phone
what's a mini phone?mav wrote:Galaxy S 2 is great, I didn't go for it as they wanted far to much.
Desire S, Desire HD are both mega.
I would avoid, Wildfire S, any mini phones and the Iphone.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: o/t Smart phone
You only need a phone you can tweet from, Harry!
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: o/t Smart phone
thought you were going to be helpful there Twiggs and answer my questionTwiggster wrote:You only need a phone you can tweet from, Harry!
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: o/t Smart phone
Here you go BB!becchio bear wrote:
thought you were going to be helpful there Twiggs and answer my question![]()
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: o/t Smart phone
becchio bear wrote:
what's a mini phone?
Galaxy Mini, Xperia mini, both have various models I think.
there are others too.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- BobHirst
- Manager

- Posts: 3452
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: o/t Smart phone
My daughter loves her Iphone. My wife hates her Samsung Vibrant. I have an Ipod touch (which is an Iphone without the phone). You need a wi-fi connection to use the internet features, but it is free to use, no monthly charges. It's great. I have a really basic phone (doesn't even have a camera!) for my phone calls.HarryofOz wrote:My current mobile contract has just expired. Time for an upgrade. I've rejected the idea of a smart phone in the past but am now thinking of getting one.
Anyone recommend one or say that one should definitely be avoided?
Cheers
-
LUFCRACE
- Manager

- Posts: 3873
- Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 pm
- Twitter: lufcrace
- Location: Wakefield
- Contact:
Re: o/t Smart phone
I love my iPod touch! (I've had three now.) Would love an iPhone (thus removing the need for taking my iPod AND my phone everywhere with me) but no way I can afford it.BobHirst wrote:
My daughter loves her Iphone. My wife hates her Samsung Vibrant. I have an Ipod touch (which is an Iphone without the phone). You need a wi-fi connection to use the internet features, but it is free to use, no monthly charges. It's great. I have a really basic phone (doesn't even have a camera!) for my phone calls.
BRING BACK BRADDERS
International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth

-
MeeTa
- Manager

- Posts: 4456
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
- Twitter: @EirikOstrem
- Location: A place you cant afford to live
Re: o/t Smart phone
Iphone is by far the best option availible, but if your thinkin of buying one id wait a lil while as Iphone 5 will be released in while...im never changing from iphone, quality

-
Armleywhite
o/t Smart phone
I have an iPhone4 and thinks it's bloody fantastic. I can't vouch for any other phone but I suppose their owners love them as much as I do mine? Do what I did and review different phones in various magazines, go to the mobile stores and test run some before making your mind up. I have a mac computer so the marriage between the comp and my phone is brilliant. Htc and other android phones would sync better with pc's but all can with a little tweaking. There maybe be better phones than the iPhone but for me it's the perros cojones.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: o/t Smart phone
You have had a lot of phones, though, haven't youMeeTa wrote:Iphone is by far the best option availible, but if your thinkin of buying one id wait a lil while as Iphone 5 will be released in while...im never changing from iphone, quality
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: o/t Smart phone
What's wrong with it?becchio bear wrote:Well i've got a Blackberry and can't wait for my fecking contract to expireNever again!! Hope that helps
![]()
Or why don't you like it?
- theleedsmango
- First Team

- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm
Re: o/t Smart phone
The Desire range from HTC is a brilliant choice.
Personally, I got a ZTE Blade (San Francisco) from Orange, as a first smart phone (only £100) running android to test whether I would like having a touchscreen smart phone or not. I've used other peoples IPhones and for a 1/5 of the price, the Blade does almost exactly the same stuff - and I think Android is better than iPhones interface.
There are also easy instructions on the internet to unlock to other networks and the battery lasts longer than what my iPhone friends report theres doing.
For 100 squids you haven't lost too much if you don't like the smartphone but you do get almost the same experience as an iPhone can give, better in some cases.
Personally, I got a ZTE Blade (San Francisco) from Orange, as a first smart phone (only £100) running android to test whether I would like having a touchscreen smart phone or not. I've used other peoples IPhones and for a 1/5 of the price, the Blade does almost exactly the same stuff - and I think Android is better than iPhones interface.
There are also easy instructions on the internet to unlock to other networks and the battery lasts longer than what my iPhone friends report theres doing.
For 100 squids you haven't lost too much if you don't like the smartphone but you do get almost the same experience as an iPhone can give, better in some cases.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings