Robbie Savage

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Robbie Savage

Post by Drs.Dad »

Task for today.......
read the link shown below, then discuss...

Would an aging Robbie Savage have done a good job at Elland Road?


http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... _1_3737971

:shock:
Last edited by YorkshireSquare on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed link
Image
User avatar
MikeLUFC7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 pm
Location: Blackpool

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by MikeLUFC7 »

I think he could have done a good job in the centre of midfield. Brown hasn't been sparkling since joining us, so i couldn't see Savage doing any worse of a job for us.
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by PaulUSA »

No. It would be like putting an anchovy in a cherry pie.
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by dezzy »

I hate him but can see everybody loving him within 10 minutes of his debut!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by gessa »

5 years ago he would of been the new Vinny
User avatar
matt leeds
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by matt leeds »

No thanks. Cant stand the guy.
Leeds is in my blood, always will be.

Going Up, Going Up, Leeds are going up, na na na na na na na na
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Robbie Savage

Post by Dr.Leeds »

PaulUSA wrote:No. It would be like putting an anchovy in a cherry pie.
It would be like putting a complete knob in a football team...
Image
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by Crude »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
It would be like putting a complete knob in a football team...
But we already have a complete knob running the club, so why not? :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
joelufc20
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: Lincoln UK

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by joelufc20 »

would have been excellent foil for clayton and howson amd would have brought there game on nicely
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND



[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
revie-era
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by revie-era »

Years ago I would occasionally buy 442 Magazine, that is until Savage became a regular columnist.
Years ago I would occasionally listen to 909 Football Phone In, that is until Savahe became a pundit.
Now, if he had come to Leeds, well I guess you know the rest
Complete waster.
User avatar
bezzawezza
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:13 am

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by bezzawezza »

I dislike the guy immensely but I'm not blinded enough by it to see that he would certainly have done a good job for us this season.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by The Subhuman »

PaulUSA wrote:No. It would be like putting an anchovy in a cherry pie.

Cherry Pie? is that one of new fangled Yankee concoctions?....There is only one pie, the good old English apple pie...made with Bramley apples served with custard....Cherry pie indeed..next you'll be sticking pumpkins in pies....where will it all end

I guess you're not deep frying your candy bars yet.. that's something
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78986
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by The Subhuman »

revie-era wrote:Years ago I would occasionally buy 442 Magazine, that is until Savage became a regular columnist.
Years ago I would occasionally listen to 909 Football Phone In, that is until Savahe became a pundit.
Now, if he had come to Leeds, well I guess you know the rest
Complete waster.

It was nice "knowing" you....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by Gino 1959 »

I think he is a complete piss-take and is laughing all the way to the bank because people take him so seriously. I would have had him for one season at ER - if we were serious about pushing for the Prem.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8966
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds
Location: Sunny Doncaster

Robbie Savage

Post by Dr.Leeds »

I now find 606 unlistenable. I always thought the point of a radio phone-in was for the listeners to express their opinions not have them shouted down by a complete knob.
Image
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by PaulUSA »

faaip wrote:
Cherry Pie? is that one of new fangled Yankee concoctions?....There is only one pie, the good old English apple pie...made with Bramley apples served with custard....Cherry pie indeed..next you'll be sticking pumpkins in pies....where will it all end

I guess you're not deep frying your candy bars yet.. that's something
Happy to report that my wife makes one of the finest apple pies on the planet. Since she doesn't want to over sweeten or starch, they come out a little on the runny side (she calls them self-healing), but the crust just melts in your mouth and the apples are never too mushy. Add on scoop of custard or vanilla ice cream and it'll soothe the savage beast every time. (Took me until the very last sentence to get back on topic, but we're there. :) ).

The only deep-fried anything I allow in my body are Cape Cod full-bellied fried clams, Graveley's fish and chips, and the occasional spring roll. Deep fried candy bars?...I'd sooner eat a rat.
Helplessly hoping
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by Gino 1959 »

PaulUSA wrote: Deep fried candy bars?...I'd sooner eat a rat.
So if we deep-fried Ken for you....
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Arlington, VA

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by PaulUSA »

Gino 1959 wrote:
So if we deep-fried Ken for you....
Reluctantly, I guess I'd have to...call it taking one for the team :scarf1:
Helplessly hoping
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by Drs.Dad »

PaulUSA wrote: Add on scoop of custard or vanilla ice cream and it'll soothe the savage beast every time.
A SCOOP!!!!!!!!

Puddings need to be swamped in custard, especially proper stodgy British puddings, such as Roly-poly, bread n' butter pud, etc etc
:roll:
Image
Armleywhite

Re: Robbie Savage

Post by Armleywhite »

Drs.Dad wrote:
A SCOOP!!!!!!!!

Puddings need to be swamped in custard, especially proper stodgy British puddings, such as Roly-poly, bread n' butter pud, etc etc
:roll:
:shock: :shock:

Custard with Bread and butter pudding????? Never!!

Drop of milk is all that needed for that. Owt else is for philistines
Post Reply