PLEASE let this be true!!!
BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
That's massive news, massive.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- PaulUSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2197
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 am
- Location: Arlington, VA
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Wow. Those Thai businessmen sure know how to pick an overpriced, past-his-prime big name when they see one.
Helplessly hoping
- chicagowhite
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 559
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
- Location: Chicago USA
- Contact:
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
If true & I'm deeply skeptical then who would have though 3 ex Eng managers would depart the championship this season!
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies
"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."
A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."
A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
- essexwhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2041
- Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:33 pm
- Location: scotland
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.
I'm going for April 15th 2012
I'm going for April 15th 2012
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Denis Wiseessexwhite wrote:Who is Newcastle boss then?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Guildford White wrote:If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.
I'm going for April 15th 2012
ooh I don't think he'll last that long GW
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
KK - with Healing Hands Hoddle as his assistant?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
- 92champs
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 282
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:28 pm
- Location: Co. Galway
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
I would love it if we beat them, love it
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
:hahaha:
Keegan was a w**k manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year.
Keegan was a w**k manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
-
Armleywhite
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
- MikeLUFC7
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 462
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:10 pm
- Location: Blackpool
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Emsley wrote::hahaha:
Keegan was a tosh manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year.
What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?
Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.
Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.
Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.
His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?
The championship.
What is their aim?
Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.
What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?
Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
- dezzy
- Manager

- Posts: 4249
- Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
- Location: Cork Ireland
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Good post mike, he is a very good motivator he will do good things if he gets the job I fear
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
- Telepres
- First Team

- Posts: 2151
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
"We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".Armleywhite wrote:I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
- revieboy
- First Team

- Posts: 1450
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:08 pm
- Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
All well and good but what foundations does he leave for a successor. He usually leaves when a team is in decline and with a squad in turmoil. I just think hes had his dayMikeLUFC7 wrote:
What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?
Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.
Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.
Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.
His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?
The championship.
What is their aim?
Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.
What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?
Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
-
Armleywhite
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
Telepres wrote: "We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".
-
dantheleedsfan
Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!
It says they want KK as director of football and they want Lee Clark as manager?
Have I missed something?
Have I missed something?
