Michael Brown [Merged]

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Brown, Michael · 2011–2014
Brown, Michael
England Brown, Michael
Midfielder
b. 25th January 1977 (age 49)
78
Apps
3
Goals
58
Starts
20
Sub Apps
Portsmouth
Signed 01/07/2011 – 18/07/2014
Portsmouth → Port Vale (Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
3 May 2014 · Championship
1–1 D
26 Apr 2014 · Championship
3–1 W
21 Apr 2014 · Championship
0–2 L
19 Apr 2014 · Championship
1–0 W
12 Apr 2014 · Championship
2–0 W
8 Apr 2014 · Championship
0–3 L
white.riot

Re: Brown

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Come on mate, you have slammed the above three in your time. We've had some fun with Robbo & Killa too

We may as well shut the forums down if criticism of players/managers/chairman is out of bounds

Just thinks without our character of a chairman there would have less pages written on the forums

You can't have it both ways !

I think I just said that questioning a players value [criticising] is fine [we all have our faves/hates] but wading into half the team/management relentlessly is what confuses me!
User avatar
Silky
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am

Michael Brown

Post by Silky »

I reckon it's time the guy got another chance...

Lets go back to the 4-5-1, start with Becchio up top, and sit Brown deep behind Jonny and Adam...

Jonny will still be there to do the running, but Brown will allow him to move forward more often creating a whole new POTENT scoring weapon.

McCormack has gone off the boil, and if we're serious about promotion we need to be ruthless... the 4-4-2 worked for a while, and it was great, but it aint workin no more!

Not only will the midfield benefit from having an extra man in there again, but the team will benefit from having an older head on the field...

Lets be honest, the 4-5-1 worked a treat last season and Clayton, Brown, Lees, White, O'Dea are all improvements on what we had in there before....

If i was the boss, that's the way i'd be going on Tuesday night.
Side Before Self, Every Time
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: Michael Brown

Post by chicagowhite »

Silky wrote:I reckon it's time the guy got another chance...

Lets go back to the 4-5-1, start with Becchio up top, and sit Brown deep behind Jonny and Adam...

Jonny will still be there to do the running, but Brown will allow him to move forward more often creating a whole new POTENT scoring weapon.

McCormack has gone off the boil, and if we're serious about promotion we need to be ruthless... the 4-4-2 worked for a while, and it was great, but it aint workin no more!

Not only will the midfield benefit from having an extra man in there again, but the team will benefit from having an older head on the field...

Lets be honest, the 4-5-1 worked a treat last season and Clayton, Brown, Lees, White, O'Dea are all improvements on what we had in there before....

If i was the boss, that's the way i'd be going on Tuesday night.
I wouldn't be opposed to going 451 but when we played 451 last season we had Gradel who had pace we now only have AW with any real pace in the side to play off Becchio (who still looks way off match fitness) so we'd have to play AW at LW push JH into the same position he played last season move Pugh to LB.

I'd like to see us switch RS to LW & LS on the RW for at least a 1/2 if LS can't cross from the right then he needs to be offloaded in Jan & replaced by someone who can on either left or right flank.

I said from the start of the season we had an unbalanced squad & haven't changed my opinion I think we need at least 3 player I also hope those players have pace something that is seriously lack in the squad. When I say 3 I also mean net 3 so if we offload some & we should offload a number we need to back fill those positions. I'd offload Chubakka, Kis, AOB, Brown, Sam though I don't see us bringing in 8 players in Jan TBH.
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Michael Brown

Post by Crude »

Silky wrote:Lets go back to the 4-5-1, start with Becchio up top, and sit Brown deep behind Jonny and Adam...
But I don't know if Brown is that player to do the job needed. He hasn't looked terribly fit, even before he got hurt. Would be great if Howson could be able to push forward and not have to worry about covering the asses of the rest of his teamates, and finally put his constant naysayers out to pasture where they belong. I thought Bruce might be the man for the job, but Simon sees otherwise and shipped him out. And who else is out there and available to do the job properly? To be fair though, the prized DM position is one just about every other team in the league is also looking for too. I guess give Brown a chance and see if he can regain some much needed form over the next few weeks.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
dezzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4249
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Location: Cork Ireland

Re: Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by dezzy »

Well how did Brown do? 4-0 is a big turn around was having him as the 5th midfielder th key?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by Twiggster »

dezzy wrote:Well how did Brown do? 4-0 is a big turn around was having him as the 5th midfielder th key?
Had a cracking shot saved in the 1st five mins - gave Becchio his goal and from what I hear, was pretty solid...although forests attack never really showed up - or their midfield. :roll:
He let Howson shed his invisible cloak by covering what few chances forest had and lickle Jonny had pretty much a free run about.
I doubt we will see Brown against miwaw, as SG will go back to 4-4-2....
normangunston
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Re: Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by normangunston »

Twiggster wrote:
Had a cracking shot saved in the 1st five mins - gave Becchio his goal and from what I hear, was pretty solid...although forests attack never really showed up - or their midfield. :roll:
He let Howson shed his invisible cloak by covering what few chances forest had and lickle Jonny had pretty much a free run about.
I doubt we will see Brown against miwaw, as SG will go back to 4-4-2....
Twiggs you know as well as I do that Grayson NEVER changes a winning team/formation if he doesn't have to! And nor should he, to be honest, after a win like that. Michael Brown has played himself into the team, which I'm very pleased about after the stick he got from this board.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by Crude »

normangunston wrote:Michael Brown has played himself into the team, which I'm very pleased about after the stick he got from this board.
Let him a get a run of matches first before we anoint him and see if he can stay healthy. In his position, if he does well, then the rest of the team usually does well.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
rab_rant

Re: Michael Brown [Merged]

Post by rab_rant »

On the radio it was commented that Brown never even broke into a sweat.
He had an easy night of it. Forrest did not have an attack. Perhaps the 4-5-1
gave him an easy time of it.

The formation may be more important than individual players.
I hope they go with it again against Millwall.
Post Reply