Millwall game Gary tribute news

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Twiggster »

Just heard Louise (Gary's wife) will be at the game. Very brave lady. Gary Mac, Strachs and Batty will be there.

Also, the team will come out to "Eye of the Tiger" and "Fanfare", like in the old days! :thup: :shirt:

Really wish I could be there..going to be a very emotional day.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15032
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Hearing that Newcastle have pushed back their planned tribute until their game on the 17th so that Louise can attend as well.
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by theleedsmango »

Twiggster wrote:Gary Mac, Strachs and Batty will be there.

Tell them to bring their boots.

SHould be a great tribute to the man though, very few men of the current game could bring so much praise from players and fans alike from all clubs and backgrounds.

I hope the Millwall fans are more than respectful and that no negative events overshadow this.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Crude »

Some of the guys from LUA (Leeds United Americas) are will be there to lay a wreath at Billy's statue in honor of Gary.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Twiggster »

Say what you like about the Waccoe forum, but their members have donated to and produced a 30ft banner, that will be paraded around the ground before kick off and then displayed in the ESU for the game. :thup:
The banner is my Gary Speed signature at the moment.
User avatar
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11810
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Gino 1959 »

I really hope that there is a live stream somewhere for this - it would be great to be a part of it indirectly as it happens.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Twiggster »

Gino 1959 wrote:I really hope that there is a live stream somewhere for this - it would be great to be a part of it indirectly as it happens.
Sky, ITV and BBC cameras all setting up at ER this evening to cover the ceremony before kick off. I think we will see some very extended highlights tomorrow evening.
Checking around for live streams, but no joy so far :(
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Crude »

I hope someone will record and post the ceremony online at least. Wishing for all the worlds that I could be there tomorrow.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Twiggster »

The Tribute Ceremony is being shown live on LUTV as it happens...
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by chicagowhite »

Crude United wrote:Some of the guys from LUA (Leeds United Americas) are will be there to lay a wreath at Billy's statue in honor of Gary.
Here's a pic of the wreath
LUA_Speedo_Wreath.jpg
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by becchio bear »

chicagowhite wrote:
Here's a pic of the wreath
LUA_Speedo_Wreath.jpg
That's nice and tasteful and fitting Dan :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Armleywhite

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Armleywhite »

becchio bear wrote:
That's nice and tasteful and fitting Dan :bear:
x2
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Crude »

becchio bear wrote:
That's nice and tasteful and fitting Dan :bear:
Thank CW for the picture. Doug is top-class Leeds United supporter.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by becchio bear »

Crude United wrote: Thank CW for the picture. Doug is top-class Leeds United supporter.
Misread the quote Dan. Thanks CW :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by chicagowhite »

becchio bear wrote:
That's nice and tasteful and fitting Dan :bear:
Mike Ford who was also at the shrubs game Tue put it together will be there tomorrow with a number of other LUA members though one lad who flew out of LA last night was still stuck in NY last I heard, I can take no credit for this though I really wish I could be there tomorrow.

Let me state that the fans & club have worked very well on the tributes especially the flag for Speedo & that's how the relationship between the two should be IMO if there is any good to come out of this tragedy I really hope its some real bridge building & renewed effort to be truly United
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: Chicago USA
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by chicagowhite »

becchio bear wrote:
Misread the quote Dan. Thanks CW :bear:
I've been called much worse than Dan even sometimes on this forum
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Crude »

chicagowhite wrote:
I've been called much worse than Dan even sometimes on this forum
LOL! I love how well-supported LUA is, especially during emotional times like this. The ability to pull off great deeds is amazing. I try to do my small part, but wish I had the means to do more.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Twiggster »

chicagowhite wrote:

Let me state that the fans & club have worked very well on the tributes especially the flag for Speedo & that's how the relationship between the two should be IMO if there is any good to come out of this tragedy I really hope its some real bridge building & renewed effort to be truly United
AMEN!!! :thup:
User avatar
Obobby-bobby
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am
Location: Left voluntary

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Obobby-bobby »

This will be a very emotional day,wish I could go.
User avatar
Silky
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2839
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Millwall game Gary tribute news

Post by Silky »

I wish there didnt have to be a game of football after it to be honest, because there's a chance we'll lose which would make the day about the result, and it shouldnt be, it should be all about Gary.

And i just keep thinking about Simon and Snodin... Gary was their mate, and theyre gonna have to watch all this stuff tomorrow and then go on and do their job...

Good luck tomorrow Simon and the boys
Side Before Self, Every Time
Post Reply