Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
white.riot
Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
For anyone who, like me, loves to see great defending and football played at pace, on the break, this is an interesting read. I have Jose as the best club manager in the world and Real as the biggest club in the world. I have watched them in awe all my life and hope to see them topple Barca this season but the critical thing here for me is the detail [not that it's Real Madrid]. Jose has been like this from day 1. You don't learn about detail you just know it's what separates winners from runners up. I wonder how much of this stuff goes on at TA?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... sfeed=true
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... sfeed=true
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
HOW can you even TRY to compare what goes on at oh rilly madrid, with Leeds?
We have crap coaches and a Championship manager, who is still learning his trade.
RM have mega money thrown at them by Juan Carlos and we have Ken Bates!
Barca will still win La Liga AND the CL tho, because their whole set up is based on team/fan spirit and togetherness...not on one pissy little diving portugese twot and Jose..
We have crap coaches and a Championship manager, who is still learning his trade.
RM have mega money thrown at them by Juan Carlos and we have Ken Bates!
Barca will still win La Liga AND the CL tho, because their whole set up is based on team/fan spirit and togetherness...not on one pissy little diving portugese twot and Jose..
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Come on Barca - always preferred them to Real !
Also, I hate Mourinho !! He may be a great coach but he is also a disgrace in terms of he's touchline ' antics '
Really looking forward to El Classico - hope Messi shows the Bernabeau that it's a no contest between he and Ronaldo for the title of Worlds Best player.
Also, I hate Mourinho !! He may be a great coach but he is also a disgrace in terms of he's touchline ' antics '
Really looking forward to El Classico - hope Messi shows the Bernabeau that it's a no contest between he and Ronaldo for the title of Worlds Best player.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Good read WRwhite.riot wrote:For anyone who, like me, loves to see great defending and football played at pace, on the break, this is an interesting read. I have Jose as the best club manager in the world and Real as the biggest club in the world. I have watched them in awe all my life and hope to see them topple Barca this season but the critical thing here for me is the detail [not that it's Real Madrid]. Jose has been like this from day 1. You don't learn about detail you just know it's what separates winners from runners up. I wonder how much of this stuff goes on at TA?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... sfeed=true
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
I note your thoughts on Madrid and The Special One with interest. Madrid, arguably the biggest Club in the world - how/why? due to the number of European Cup wins? - undeniably, but, and I hesitate here as I do not know all the facts, - are they not underpinned financially by those in (real) power). Because of this they will always be in a position of (financial) power, - surely the ethos most of us despise.white.riot wrote:For anyone who, like me, loves to see great defending and football played at pace, on the break, this is an interesting read. I have Jose as the best club manager in the world and Real as the biggest club in the world. I have watched them in awe all my life and hope to see them topple Barca this season but the critical thing here for me is the detail [not that it's Real Madrid]. Jose has been like this from day 1. You don't learn about detail you just know it's what separates winners from runners up. I wonder how much of this stuff goes on at TA?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... sfeed=true
Mourinho is undoubtedly a great coach, thinks out of the box, not afraid to make decisions, knows how to upset folks. Alas IMO, he thinks the game is about him, - its not, its about the 22 players on the pitch, thats who folk pay to see, not the poseur on the touchline. Just wish he'd eat a few portions of humble pie, but I s'pose he would lose his edge if he did that.
I've read a few books on him, and of Madrid and Barca, must admit I'd love to see that game live.
Me, its Barca all the way, great history, great city, (been twice, done the ground tour), they just seem normal and humble.
Call me old fashioned, but thats the way it is for me.
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
revie-era wrote:
I note your thoughts on Madrid and The Special One with interest. Madrid, arguably the biggest Club in the world - how/why? due to the number of European Cup wins? - undeniably, but, and I hesitate here as I do not know all the facts, - are they not underpinned financially by those in (real) power). Because of this they will always be in a position of (financial) power, - surely the ethos most of us despise.
Mourinho is undoubtedly a great coach, thinks out of the box, not afraid to make decisions, knows how to upset folks. Alas IMO, he thinks the game is about him, - its not, its about the 22 players on the pitch, thats who folk pay to see, not the poseur on the touchline. Just wish he'd eat a few portions of humble pie, but I s'pose he would lose his edge if he did that.
I've read a few books on him, and of Madrid and Barca, must admit I'd love to see that game live.
Me, its Barca all the way, great history, great city, (been twice, done the ground tour), they just seem normal and humble.
Call me old fashioned, but thats the way it is for me.
You can't separate any of the big clubs in terms of money. They all abuse their power. Barca are no different, indeed they are arguably worse as they try to convince the world they are somehow above all of the dirty stuff and market their 'special' status [Unicef for instance which is now where exactly?]. They are a patronising bunch all in all who would benefit from a bloody nose imo. But that wasn't my point. The point was about the depth of Jose's preparation. He won the Champions league with Porto which is like winning it with Everton say? The performance on the night when Inter blew Barca out of the Champions league semi [don't forget Barca had paid millions for Inter's best player in the world having been old manned by Jose] was one of the finest I have seen in all my years of watching football. Jose turns things round fast and wins with or without money. He does this because he prepares the team properly not because he has money. Sooner watch Ron than Messi as well but neither are as good as Maradonna who won a world cup single handedly and Pele who remains the greatest player to walk the earth. The best player in the world will always win the world cup.
As for comparing LUFC and Real [as someone tried to suggest]. I didn't. I simply pointed out that preparation and detail are vital and asked if that kind of thing goes on at TA. I'm damn sure it goes on at Carrow Road for instance. And I know it went on at ER in the depths of Div 2 when Don took over. Only a fool would compare lufc with Real. That fool was Ridsdale.
Real introduced me to fantasy football in 1960. Never bettered.
-
revie-era
- First Team

- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:37 pm
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Riot,
As usual, good points, well made. Would really love that pint in Skipton with you some day as we watch the Mighty Whites on tv.
As usual, good points, well made. Would really love that pint in Skipton with you some day as we watch the Mighty Whites on tv.
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
not since GG have I felt like we were secure when the opposition has corners.
Not since Wilkinson have I felt we had a decent chance to score when we have one.
Not since Wilkinson have I felt we had a decent chance to score when we have one.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Barca OWN real! Screw Jose, screw the dirty cheating madrid scum and ESPECIALLY screw fake ronaldo!
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
revie-era wrote:Riot,
As usual, good points, well made. Would really love that pint in Skipton with you some day as we watch the Mighty Whites on tv.
Surely we could meet in VLR where we could discuss virtual tactics over a virtual pint
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Nicely sidestepping the fact that your real madrid cheats were owned by BARCA tonight. The best team in the world.white.riot wrote:
Surely we could meet in VLR where we could discuss virtual tactics over a virtual pint
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Your usual shot into row Z.Twiggster wrote:
Nicely sidestepping the fact that your real madrid cheats were owned by BARCA tonight. The best team in the world.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
You are SUCH a bad loser, WR.. :mrgreen: Just admit your favourite cheats were stuffed tonightwhite.riot wrote:
Your usual shot into row Z.
Real tried to kick Barca off the park and FAILED. Like your original post.
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
So it's actually a competition - I thought I was just posting my opinion.Twiggster wrote:
You are SUCH a bad loser, WR.. :mrgreen: Just admit your favourite cheats were stuffed tonight"Brilliant management
" and "detail and preparation" LOST - to passion, player and fans commitment and sheer SKILL.
Real tried to kick Barca off the park and FAILED. Like your original post.
Field your best man when you're ready. I have no interest in beating the B team.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Not a competition - just FACT. You posted a statement (ok then, call it an "opinion"white.riot wrote:
So it's actually a competition - I thought I was just posting my opinion.
Field your best man when you're ready. I have no interest in beating the B team.
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Twiggster wrote:
Not a competition - just FACT. You posted a statement (ok then, call it an "opinion") and LOST, along with your madrid dirty cheats tonight.
You'd argue with yourself in an empty room I reckon
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Nope - just with you mate on this topic. Barca are better than Real - despite all the wonderful real madrid "features", you mention in your opening post..white.riot wrote:
You'd argue with yourself in an empty room I reckon
-
white.riot
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Twiggster wrote:
Nope - just with you mate on this topic. Barca are better than Real - despite all the wonderful real madrid "features", you mention in your opening post..
You're arguing about tonights game and which is the best club just now. I never offered a view on either.
The room is empty, trust me.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
Oh rilly? 
white.riot wrote: I have Jose as the best club manager in the world and Real as the biggest club in the world. I have watched them in awe all my life and hope to see them topple Barca this season
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: Coaching/drilling/detail/preparation/fitness
WR, I also think Jose is a great club manager, but I've been disappointed with the way Madrid have played against Barcelona in the last couple of seasons that he has been in charge. While you may not want to play an all out attacking game against Barcelona, I feel that when it comes to matches against Barcelona he has stifled the talent that he has too much. There's nothing wrong with a counter attacking game - he got it spot on for Inter v Barcelona - with Madrid the number of players participating in counter attacks have tended to be too low to be effective. I haven't seen the latest game, but I have seen their clashes previously.white.riot wrote:For anyone who, like me, loves to see great defending and football played at pace, on the break, this is an interesting read. I have Jose as the best club manager in the world and Real as the biggest club in the world. I have watched them in awe all my life and hope to see them topple Barca this season but the critical thing here for me is the detail [not that it's Real Madrid]. Jose has been like this from day 1. You don't learn about detail you just know it's what separates winners from runners up. I wonder how much of this stuff goes on at TA?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... sfeed=true
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.